What We Know About Brave New World

updated with new info on the market

-Market - now only +1gold, but Trade routes other players make in a city with a market will generate +2 gold for the city owner and the trade route owner gains +1 gold for that trade route.

Thanks bite for starting this thread and keeping the first post updated, and thank you for now highlighting the new information. This is very helpful, and I am sure everyone really appreciates it.

Considering changes to existing buildings.

The tooltip says abut Palace (06:55 of Saturday video): "Connecting other cities to Capital by road will produce additional gold". This means that national trade routes work similarly to the present version, although the exact numbers may change.

Amphitheatre (07:00 of Saturday video) - Cost: 100:c5production:, Maintenance: 1:c5gold:, Culture: +1:c5culture:, 1 Great Work of Literature slot (which gives +2 tourism, +2 culture) (now is Maintenance: 2:c5gold:, Culture: +3:c5culture:)

Museum (07:01 of Saturday video) - Cost: 300:c5production:, Maintenance: 1:c5gold:, Culture: +1:c5culture:, 2 Great Work or Artefacts slots (which gives +2 tourism, +2 culture each) (now is Maintenance: 3:c5gold:, Culture: +5:c5culture:)

Opera House (07:06 of Saturday video) - Cost: 200:c5production:, Maintenance: 1:c5gold:, Culture: +1:c5culture:, 1 Great Work of Music slot (which gives +2 tourism, +2 culture) (now is Maintenance: 2:c5gold:, Culture:+4:c5culture:)

New article. Not a lot of new info in it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ulture-and-Diplomacy-of-Civ-V-Brave-New-World

One new World Congress ability. Apparently the WC can adjust the cost of unit maintenance.

"the cost of how much it's going to be to keep a standing army around"

And we have XCOM Squads because Ed Beach carpools with some people who work on XCOM.

Starry Nights confirmed as a new Great Art Work (from Van Gogh),

XCOM Squad officially confirmed as a unit. (I've grown to accept it, we have GDR we might as well have XCOM units).

Do you guys think that World Congress is gonna be a wonder?

Here is another piece of information that no one has mentioned from the Escapist article:

As Beach explained it, "It used to be that you automatically earned gold just by settling along places where historically trade would have occurred, like along a river or on a coast. And those places are still good, there are advantages in the trade system for settling in those types of places, but now what you have to do is, you don't just automatically get that gold. You have to set up trade routes with trading partners and send caravans and cargo ships back and forth, and that's another type of builder gameplay."

So according to Beach, rivers do indeed provide their own benefits to trade, so they haven't exactly lost all their value (we already knew sea routes provide double yields).

first post updated, mostly just a little clean up but a couple of bits of new info

Pretty sure this is new (emphasis mine):

In a way, Brave New World is the other half of Civ 5's last expansion, Gods and Kings. The two are are complementary in the pieces of the game they address--so much so that Brave New World will include many of Gods and Kings' underlying systems for players who didn't buy the first expansion. The second is really meant to work with the first, combining to create a marked shift in the experience.

Shacknews.com

So it sounds like BNW includes things like religion and espionage, but you won't get the whole G&K expansion, e.g. the new civs and scenarios.

PAX East demo clearly showed that
  • Religion is in (you can see the faith counter at the top of the screen),

• Diplomacy is in (diplo screen button showing 1 unassigned spy also visible at the top of the screen), and

• the 100 HP combat damage system is in (visible in the XCOM Unit/GDR combat sequence).
May be other visible G&K elements, but I can't recall enough about vanilla to spot them off hand. :)

Deleted due to certain Moderators taking any correction to the OP as discussion.

@ Bite
Would it be an idea to mention that WC voting is held a few rounds after the suggestion is put forward, and that you can work to "change the opinions" of the other nations?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/introducing-civilization-v-brave-new-world#

View attachment 346167From left column to right, as best as I could make out (had to zoom in big time):

National Epic (no slots)
Heroic Epic (no slots)
Any information on why this is shown in the "Tourism-screen" then?

The exact UA of Brazil is double tourism per turn during golden age and 50% faster production of great artist, great writer and great musician during golden age, according to the website.
Production of greats...... Were that the exact wording? Sounds as if you can actually produce great people giving you as many works of art / music / writings as you'd like if just you have space for it. I doubt that's how it works, but I wonder what "produce" could actually mean.

I've been wondering lately when we might get some more info from Firaxis. Seems we could for a long time jump around in the same info speculating and interpreting what we read. I imagine E3 could be a place if games are allowed there, but I honorstly don't know. Do we have anything like Pax East that could provide us with info before July?

Can't really remember how much info was released before Civ5 and G&K was released. Can we expect everything to be released down the road?

Production of greats...... Were that the exact wording? Sounds as if you can actually produce great people giving you as many works of art / music / writings as you'd like if just you have space for it. I doubt that's how it works, but I wonder what "produce" could actually mean.
Surely they mean +50% production of Great Person points (for Artist, Musician, and Writer) during Carnival.

a small update, most notebly info about G&K stuff in BNW

Top Bottom