SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

M. Bison's Shadaloo/Shadow Law Empire with Bisonopolis as the Capital.

UA : All I want to do is create a perfect genetic soldier/Psycho Powers (team not sure what to call this one) - All Unhappiness reduced by 10%. All units gain experience 15% slower and require 10% more production to be built, but their Strength is increased by 20%. Warmongering penalties doubled, and AI's are twice as likely to declare war on you. After conquering a city, +10% production and gold in the capital for 5 turns.

UU - Shadaloo Fighters - replaces Modern Infantry. Can attack twice per turn. Enemies can't retaliate to the first attack, but they can to the second one. -25% received ranged damage (not Cover I or II, stacks with them fully). +75% experience gain.

UB - Clone Factory - replaces Factory. If a unit of any kind is garrisoned in the city, building another unit of the same kind there costs 50% less production. If any GP is stationed in the city, +20% to generating the same type of GP.

Not sure if OP or just insanely awesome.

Sure, sure, I killed your father. So what? I killed my father too, and you don't hear me whining about it. XD

There seems to be some new activity in the Steam depots - a new entry has appeared in the DLC section, number 99614. Strangely enough though, it seems to be named 'Civ V -Wonders of the Ancient World'. However, seeing as it was only added about 12 hours ago (according to the 'history' section) and doesn't appear in the usual 'depots' list I'd assume it's not the same thing as the Wonders DLC that's already out.

For those who want to see for themselves, links to the site are here (it's really just a bunch of numbers and codes though - not particularly interesting in itself :p):
DLC list: http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_dlc
Depots list: http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots
Change history: http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_history

I'm really starting to wonder if Firaxis is naming stuff misleadingly now - unless this is a 'Deluxe' version of the "Wonders of the Ancient World" DLC. I also have no idea if or how it relates to "Bison" - they are listed as two seperate things though so perhaps we should be expecting 2 new DLCs instead of one? Maybe both the Wonders and New World scenarios are being updated/remade with the new BNW mechanics? Perhaps we'll finally see Sumer + the Hitties as full civs? I don't want to get my hopes up yet though in case they turn out to be something disappointment.

Also, Depot 8933 seems to be new as well. It's just called 'Civilization V - Base2'. Perhaps it's for an upcoming patch (maybe for beta-testing purposes)? Or maybe even a third expansion? I think we need to send someone to shake down 2k for information...

I'm really starting to wonder if Firaxis is naming stuff misleadingly now

Wouldn't surprise me! :p Paradox is already doing that (anyone remember the "Falalan Dubstep Remix" DLC? :lol:), so it's not far-fetched to assume Firaxis is doing the same to keep things under wraps...

Though I wish Firaxis woul be more creative with their names, assuming that's the case! :lol: I guess "Bison" rings bells for those who followed Brave New World's announcements and livestreams before being released... :p

I'm pretty sure Firaxis do it to create a bit of mystery and drum up some hype on the boards....I don't think we'll get a another expansion like GNK or BNW but a few resources and a few new Civs wouldn't surprise me.

The original WOTAW DLC now seems to be listed as "Ancient Wonders", so there's definitely something going on there. Maybe we FINALLY will be getting the Hittites and Sumerians?
Also, looks like the Bison Depot contains one DLC, numbered 266720. This one's currently listed as "Unknown DLC".
Someone better start nagging Firaxis to at least give us a grainy screenshot or something to speculate on.

Wishful thinking: Civs from WOTAW will be added

That would be nice.

It's way too much to hope for, but I still hope that the Sumerians would be given a slightly less mythological leader.

Maybe Sumerians, Hittites, and some other stuff in the new Bison DLC?

I think they'd more likely be in the other DLC, the one now called Wonders of the Ancient World, but this is Firaxis after all...

Is there enough tinfoil to justify my belief that Firaxis might actually update pre-BNW scenarios to BNW?

Because that would be nice and something I would pay money for.

I think that's fairly reasonable

Firaxis? Reasonable? HA!

Mini-rant aside I do think (actually hope) That we'll be getting some Frequently Asked for Civs such as Sumer, The Hittites, The Inuit, Gran Columbia, Kongo, Vietnam, and Switzerland. That last one I haven't seen as much but Firaxis releasing a group of civilizations and there not be a European is highly unlikely

Is there enough tinfoil to justify my belief that Firaxis might actually update pre-BNW scenarios to BNW?

Save some of that tinfoil for me, please, as I'd gladly pay for updated scenarios as well.

Firaxis is actually a sound company, they LISTEN to their fans, that's a fact. So they know what we want, their only problem woudl be funding and available time, but I'm pretty sure if they were super humans that could make anything Firaxis would actually make the best civ game ever.

I mean c'mon, their dedication even includes being on the Civ podcast... which earned mad respect for them.

Something is coming, and guess what, I'm EXCITED.

Wasn't there a screenshot of New World (Deluxe) that was in one of the previews to BNW?

Wishful Thinking: Hungary!

I can already hear the music themes of the Sumerians and the Hittites... I'm really hoping that those civs become a DLC! Also, I'm probably part of a minority here, but I really liked Manchuria's color scheme from the Korean scenario and I wouldn't mind having them as a full civilization. I'm also curious about this Bison thingy. Well, news are on the way! :D

Top Bottom