Éa, Dawn of the Mortal Races (phase 1, pre-alpha code development and discussion)

I recently added this along with some other additions (e.g., floating gardens) and reorganization on the Resources and Buildings page.

Resource spawning
This will be very carefully balanced and rare (chance below is just my first guess at balance). This can occur with certain techs and policies, with cumulative probability if you meet multiple conditions. Resources will only spawn on a valid plot within 2 plots of a resource of the same kind. Percent chance indicated below is per existing owned resource. Enabling techs and policies:
  • Animal Breeding (0.5%) Any animal resource normally improved by pastures
  • Animal Mastery (0.5%) Any animal resource normally improved by camps
  • Beast Breading (special) Upon researching tech, Mûmakil resource will spawn from Elephants with 30% chance reduced by 5% for each previous spawn, to a final minimum chance of 0.5% (yes, Mûmakil are a separate strategic resource from Elephants that are only created through spawning; should be something to see on the map)
  • Harpoons (0.3%) Whales
  • Whaling (0.3%) Whales
  • Sailing (0.2%) All sea resources except Whales
  • Navigation (0.3%) All sea resources except Whales
  • Crop Rotation (0.5%) All resources normally improved by farms, plantations or vineyards
  • Bowyers (0.5%) Yew
  • Alchemy (0.5%) Gold, Silver, Blasting Powder, Naphtha
  • Metal Casting (0.3%) Copper, Iron
  • Deep Mining (0.2%) Copper, Iron, Gems
  • Underdark Lore (0.2%) Copper, Iron, Gems, Gold, Silver, Blasting Powder, Naphtha
  • Mitrhil Working (0.5%) Mithril
    --policies (all Pantheism)
  • Animal Lore and Feral Bond (each 0.2%) All "animal" resources
  • Woods Lore and Fellowship of Leaves (each 0.2%) All "plant" resources
  • Earth Lore (0.4%) All "earth" resources

Here's the Game Manual!

(Assembled from posts here, so nothing new for many of you. But it's all together now with a table of contents...)

[Edit: removed file. See updated version in Phase II thread.]

mm nice, sounds elaborate yet fun. :king::goodjob: can't wait to try out that new GP system, that will really add a whole new flavor to the game. could there be some tech, spell, resource or Wonder that can slightly affect their aging?

mm nice, sounds elaborate yet fun. :king::goodjob: can't wait to try out that new GP system, that will really add a whole new flavor to the game. could there be some tech, spell, resource or Wonder that can slightly affect their aging?

It's been hinted that Phylacteries can be used to make certain great people immortal... but this probably involves risking (or planning) to research the techs that can make your civilization "fallen".

The pdf is nice! I just have a play-in-my-mind after reading the pdf, of a world with the founder of Azzandarayasna had been corrupted by its High King and became the founder of Aŋra, and I led a fledging nation of Azzandarayasna (used to be a vassal of the corrupted High King), starting the Prophecy of Mithra, and rebelled against the corrupt High King.

Or, playing as the corrupted High King, tried to lead the world to its perfect form (total annihilation), while confronting a rebelous vassal (which become the new founder of Azzandarayasna*) and burning the forests of the Sidhe... Oh this is fantastic! I couldn't wait for the release! :goodjob: :D

*does the AI cast Prophecy of Mithra?

*does the AI cast Prophecy of Mithra?
Yes, if conditions are met. They have to be followers already, have a Devout (either Priest or Paladin), and own the holy city (also works in any follower city if the holy city was previously razed). It's a very high priority action so I think it would override almost anything else they are doing at the time.

I'm working hard to make sure AI can do everything at release. If it can't do something it will be a bug rather than lack of code.

I'm going to start a new thread for Phase 2 when I have a free moment. But I thought I'd get this out without delay...

For a variety of reasons, I'm not uploading to the Workshop, at least not for now. You need to download the two mod files and extract these inside your MODS folder (path is something like C:\Users\<me>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS). Then enable both "mods" (Media Pack first) after you start Civ5.

Éa Media Pack (v 1)
Éa II, The Ageless and the Divine (v 1)

Also download the updated game manual:
Éa Manual (Phase II, v.1)

This is still very much development code. I think it is ready for some outside testing and commenting. But don't expect anything near playable. The victory conditions aren't there yet and, in any case, it is very unlikely that you would get that far.

When I start a Phase II thread, I'll document known problems a little better. For now, you need to do a couple things to get this to work:

In UserSettings.ini, set:
SmallUIAssets = 1
AutoUIAssets = 0
(You can do the above from Options in game; if you don't, no unit panel...)
TurnsBetweenAutosave = 1
NumAutosavesKept = 50
(These two are just my suggestion)

In GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini, set:
LeaderQuality = 0
(Or set to "minimal" from Options in game; otherwise you will have some strange leader interactions...)

In config.ini, set:
EnableTuner = 1
MessageLog = 1
(This allows debug printing in the Lua.log, witch will help me with troubleshooting.)

Important!
At the end of the config.ini file, you may or may not find some text that looks like this:
Spoiler :
Code:
[UserSettings]
; Last Civilization Played
LastCiv = 0

; Last Game Speed Played
LastSpeed = 2

; Last Map Type Played
LastMapScript = Assets\Maps\Continents.lua

; Last Map Script Was Random
LastMapScriptRandom = 0

; Last Map Size Played
LastMapSize = 2

; Last Map Size Was Random
LastMapSizeRandom = 0

; Last Map Type Was Earth
LastMapWasEarth = 0

; Last Game Difficulty Played
LastDifficulty = 5

; Store advanced settings in Cache folder
PersistAdvancedSettings = 1
If you see it, delete it. Otherwise, the game will seem to run OK but then any gamesave will be corrupt. I believe the above appears whenever you go in advanced settings. It's OK to use advanced settings, just make sure you open config.ini and delete the above before staring Civ5 again.

There is Civ5 bug (I believe) causing popups not to appear for goodyhuts or meeting CSs from a game that has not been save/loaded. So I suggest you save game and reload on turn 0 to avoid this (and if reloading gives a CTD, see comment above on config.ini).

There undoubtedly will be some serious problems, and probably some folks who can't get it to run at all. Be patient. We'll have to go through a lot of debugging versions over the next few week...

Edit:I you happen to be one of the first 2 to download, you got a 50kb file that won't do much. Go download again.

What me... camp this thread refreshing every half hour to download it immediately? :p

I have the new version and it's working apart from some display issues with the tech tree, fiddling around with things now (could very well be on my end).

** Edit ** Tech tree problems persist. Can't find anything wrong on my end.

Here's what I see when I load the tech tree:

Make sure you are not running any other mods (not even UI only mods).

Post a gamesave and Lua.log if you have it. It's clearly crashing one of the tech UI lua files.

Not sure if I will have time to do anything til after Christmas...

King Sophroniscus starts as a work boat at a land locked capital

Attachments

• Sophronia (Man), King Sophroniscus, Year 49.rar
    656.5 KB · Views: 189
I couldn't load the lua log... wouldn't accept a "log" file and too big as a text file. I stuck it in the rar with the save game.

When I'm back to my desktop I'll resubmit in the phase 2 thread. ;-)

Top Bottom