Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaguar said:
I say upload a version with all the graphics. Most of us have very fast internet, and we probably spend more time correcting pediaicons.txt problems than downloading. ;)

you would spend time correcting ini files. In my plans I was going to fix those animations (full of wrong links, missing sounds, wrong offests, etc.) while you test the 0.7.
So, I'll post an updated version, but let me share the animations only when the number of possible problems is limited.

Rhye said:
oh, I see.
Well, as gunner said, this is the fastest mod on an Earth map. If you want something even faster you have to play with a small random map.

OK. Thanks. I enjoy your mod very much, by the way.

Rhye said:
so, how is it going?

in which years there were era changes?
when was America discovered?
are wonders being built correctly?
OK, having a quick game as England. The rampant gold problem has gone beserk in this game. Yet again France is unstoppable. France really must be tweaked down a bit, they always have runaway gold totals. This is how their gold balance has progressed (dates and totals are rounded up);

230 BC > 2500 gpt
50 AD > 2700 gpt
150 AD > 3100 gpt
1000 AD > 4200 gpt
1450 AD > 5800 gpt
1520 AD > 7200 gpt

Because of the French bank balance, I am now at war with the entire known world! :rolleyes: (I am still winning though :D)

I reached Middle Ages by 200 AD and Industrial Age by 1750 AD

Firearms were discovered by 1100 AD, America by 1650 AD.

China, Greece and Spain were all destroyed before 1400.

I don't think the title "Sun King" is right for Absolute Monarchy - at least not when playing as England!

CTD on the horizon - Early Destroyer is missing in the text file.

Built all of the Pagan and Christian wonders without any problem.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one other thing. Why does the Man-O-War upgrade to a transport? A unit with a lower attack rating and not an offensive unit? Shouldn't they upgrade to Early Destroyer to reflect the size of the early Royal Navy?

->about the gold problem, I really don't know where does it come from. Have you any clue on how they get that gold in the early part of the game?

->As Man-o-war now replaces the galleon, I put it in the path leading to the transport. I can still leave it replacing the galleon, but move its path to the frigate->destroyer or ironclad path if you think it's better. But I wouldn't be sure of this.

Rhye said:
->about the gold problem, I really don't know where does it come from. Have you any clue on how they get that gold in the early part of the game?

It seems to start with trading techs (They research much faster than anyone else.) But then it seems to snowball into huge amounts of money even though their tech advantage slows down. So its not only trading techs.

Rhye said:
->As Man-o-war now replaces the galleon, I put it in the path leading to the transport. I can still leave it replacing the galleon, but move its path to the frigate->destroyer or ironclad path if you think it's better. But I wouldn't be sure of this.
I'm not sure whether moving it into the galleon path is right but England normally builds loads of M-o-Wars which will only upgrade to transports which are pretty useless. It might be nice to see England with a huge Navy of Ironclads/Dreadnoughts, would be realistic anyway.

I'm sure this has been covered before but not going to look through 190+pages. When I try to start the game it says part of the file "text.PediaIcons.Txt":ICON_BLDG_Holy_War I havedownloaded the patch and all four parts and the readme. Thanks for your help, I can't wait to play! :)

I keep getting to flight really early. It's kind of silly. It doesn't have enough prerequisites. I think you should consider giving it more requirements so that people don't discover it so early.

BTW, can a little be done to help the Mayas? They're always so pathetic. :( For two straight games, they have had only one city when I discovered America.

Lastly, the Civilopedia for India Trading Co still mentions docks, which no longer exists.

Ah, ok. I havn't downloaded 1.22, only 1.20 :p Doing that as we speak. Thanks for your help, once I play a game I will come back and tell you what I think but it looks promising.

Wow, good luck on that job application, Rhye.
I'll see if I can squeeze in a quick read&repait on that readme sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom