ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

I've basically lost my game. With the fact taht I can't make many keshiks (1 per 20 turns! :eek: ) along with the great wall blocking the core cities (note: don't take away the great wall, I like it, but it completely ruined my plan) that I couldn't survive a war of attrition, and with the chinese core cities producing hordes of firelancers, and my armies now on teh defense, I've basically lost.
Smilies! :blush: [c3c] :bday: :egypt: :suicide: :gripe: :banana:

Other notes to self:

-UP Firelancer required shields. WAY up.

Thanx, man.:)

When I played, I had absolutely no prob with the great wall. All ya gotta do is destroy one part, but o well...

I'll play gamma test soon--I've finally managed to stop playing Freelancer long enough to play C3C again.

Yay! Thanx, man.:)

Amenhotep7 said:
Other notes to self:

-UP Firelancer required shields. WAY up.

Thanx, man.:)

When I played, I had absolutely no prob with the great wall. All ya gotta do is destroy one part, but o well...

Yah, but the random number generator seems to be always against me....
Smilies! :thumbsup: :crazyeye: :mischief: [party] [dance] :ar15:

It's excellent so far, Amen!

The only thing that struck me as wrong during the game was that all of the on screen windows disappeared and I could only see the main game. All of the side menus dissapeared... But I doubt that's your scenario's fault. :)

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: GIVE THE MONGOLS A BLITZ ABILITY!!!

BTW, why even go for the wall? I attack Hsia, and then I crashed into their flank, around the wall. Poor chinese. They had drawn up all their firelancers near the Great Wall, and then I attacked them in a totally different spot... :D

I'll do it, but tell me again; what does blitz do?:hmm:

And if someone could go and try to conquer Kwarzam and Europe, e could get some playability feedback for them.:)

Blitz lets you have an attack for as many movement points you have left (if you have 3 moves, you can attack 3 times). Think of C3C's Cossak, or a Tank.

Any more feedback NK, Omega, and Lou?

:bump:

:D

:bump:

If I don't get feedback, I'll just assume that we're done, and do the final tweaks. Any feedback whatsoever? NK, any info on Europe?

Spamming us with bumps, eh? I'll go west now. I haven't gotten a chance to do it yet today. Expect feedback sometime soon.

I'd call it a final version. You can always patch it later, or call the bugs "features".

I went west.

Problems, Criticisms, the like:

1) GIVE THE MONGOLS A CURSED BLITZ ABILITY ALREADY! (sorry, but that is really irking me. ;) )

2) Crusaders should not be so strong offensively. The crusader states were almost entirely on the defensive in this age, give the Crusaders a strong defense and check the box labeled AI strategies - Defense. ;) Also, make the Arabs stronger offensively. Give the Crusaders more defensive units. Also give both Arabs and Crusaders a fleet.

3) Byzantines-Latins are OK, but there should just one or two more cataphracts on the Byzantines side.

4) Anatolian Turks should have a lot more units. They should be able to smash the Byzantines in the back and nearly take Constantinople.

5) The AI units are roaming all over the place. I have a suspicion that if you give all people a knowledge of the whole map, this will be fixed.

6) Eliminate the little barbarian encampments around all over the place. WE ARE THE TRUE BARBARIANS! :p

7) Persia-Iraq-Damascus area needs a massive irrigation system through all of the Plains, floodplains, and deserts in that area, so that their cities can actually grow. Indeed, these areas had a massive and complex irrigation system and very very large populations before the Mongols came.

8) The area through Ortrar to Bhokara should all belong to Kwarzihm.

9) I haven't tried this yet, but how, exactly, are the Mongols supposed to launch the fabled invasions of Japan with no watercraft building capabilities. There is a graphic for the Kublai Khan ship somewhere on this forum. Use that, and make it a cheap Mongol buildable transport unit with weak stats but high transport capacity. Also give the Japanese small "assault craft" to deal with them, with high attack values.

10) Are you really intending to release this with the dates still chugging from 4000 BCE? :D

11) Are you really intending to release this in DEBUG mode? :D

12) Make more VP locations. Ortar, Samarkand, and Bokhara are a good place to start.

13) Novgorod should be bigger and richer than Moscow, and Moscow a tiny farming village.

14) [When] Are we getting Flying tiger Warship graphics?

15) WE need better civilopedia entries... I could do those if you needed.

16) Name the other two armies Subadai and Odagai. Preferably Subadai on the Western City.

17) Nary a leaderhead to be found?

18) MAKE IT SO WE CAN PLAY OTHER CIVS! I DON'T ALWAYS WANT TO PLAY AS THE MONGOLS!!!!! Really, I want to try out other civs, it would give me a better perspective, and also it would give the user more flexibility.

Overall, westward seems to be OK, but I need to test further. I've only gotten to Persia. Wait a while.

I am enjoying playing this, but it needs further tweaking. A lot of little things are needing to be changed, not anything gamebreaking... Yet. I'm still looking.

10) Are you really intending to release this with the dates still chugging from 4000 BCE?

11) Are you really intending to release this in DEBUG mode?

14) [When] Are we getting Flying tiger Warship graphics?

15) WE need better civilopedia entries... I could do those if you needed.

17) Nary a leaderhead to be found?

10) No.:p

11) Refer to answer 10.:p

14) Already there.:p

15) Please do. Thank you.:)

17) Do we really need to beef up the scen with tons a leader heads? I can understand a few of them, but you try finding a leaderhead for Daghestan!:p;)

You really wanna play as other civs?...Oookay. :undecide: I intended this to be a "Mongols Only" type thing, but if you think it should be so...

Well, I would tend to like other civs. If you would like to keep it "Mongols only", then OK, no problem.

Top Bottom