ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

Duely noted.:)

A couple of suggestions: Rename Kwarzam to the Empire of the Khwarizm Shah. From the pronounciations I've heard it should be spelled Khwarizm. Rename Azerbaijan to Daghestan. Remember the leader names, civ traits, civ preferences (what they like to build), leader titles, and the nouns and adjectives. For the Khwarizm to expand they might have to start at war with the Kara Khitai. Also rename the Mamelukes to the Ayyubid Sultanate, they weren't called the Mameluke Sultanate until 1250.

Good scenario though, I was hoping a Mongol scenario would come with C3C, and since then I've been waiting for someone to make it. :D

Thanks, Packer-Backer. Yes, I skipped the adjectives and whatnot. The "superficial details" that don't really need to be there for an Alpha Test.

That was good thinking, Amenhotep7. Even if Constantinople said Aztec, I got the "feel" of the scenario. After invading Hsi-Hsia I had two elite Keshiks and when I invaded Chin I got two new armies! After taking care of the Nan-Song, Pagan, Annam, and Tibet I turned towards India. I figured all of those Qara-Khitai horsemen could be put to good use by softening up the Delhi Sultanate and removing that cavalry force unworthy of being called a horde. ;) I expect to defeat the 'Khitai in about 12-15 turns.

This is a really good scenario already, keep up the good work, Amenhotep7.

Khwarazm looks underpowered because they have none of Transoxiana in North King's screenshot. If they started with that of course. And with Shang-Tu, I don't know. I just reckon there needs to be a city or fortress up there in the surrounds. Peking was called Ta-Tu by the Jin.

Ah. Alrighty, I'll place that city. What parts of Transoxiana should Kwarzam have?

And Packer-BAcker, I need your feedback: Was anyone over/underpowered?

It's hard to see... but I'll give it a shot

Attachments

• Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    93.4 KB · Views: 181
ah. Okee-dokee.:)

So North King/Packer-Backer: How go your games?

:bump:

If you guys have any ideas about what custom units to put in, search the forums and find links, and I'll do the same.

:D

Looks like you forgot your 6:59 Bump ;)

I haven't been actively following this, since I can't help much, but what units do you already have?

Custom units? None.

Didn't someone make a whole pack of Mongol mounted units?

You would definately want those. Also, there are a bunch of Chinese units (Chin Spearman, etc.) that could be included.

Of course, you have to find a balance between flavor and size. I personally don't think every mod has to have 100 flavor units to make the game more fun. Mongol, Chinese, and Japanese units could be flavor, though.

I'm going to add a different type of Mongol horseman by Kinboat, DPII's Firelancer, and DPII is working on the flying tiger warship.

I agree, for the most part, smaller scens are better. There are exceptions like The Old Empires or WWI

My game is going good. I been busy over the 4th of July week, but I just attack the Khwarizm and conquered Korea while planning to invade Japan. This time a typhoon or whatever kind of storm can't stop the horde from conquering Japan! No one looks overpowered or underpowered. I think the Chinese civs are particularly well done. I had to agree with a peace treaty with the Delhi Sultanate after two of my armies, severely damaged, were destroyed. My conquest of the Qara-Khitai was surprisingly easy, even taking into account the far-thrown horsemen running all over south Asia.

BTW: I think someone did make a Golden Horde unit that had a settling animation and I also think three other Mongol units. I have a photographic memory of a thread reading: Four New Mongol Units. If I had the time I would look for it myself. :p :)

Yes, Kinboat's units. Around page 3 I placed a link to them. I shall use one, two, or all of them.

No more feedback? Okay, then. I'll start the beta.:)

Decided to make a last call for feedback.:)

I haven't had time to play. Let it be known, though, that Korea should be tough to defeat, should take an army or two to subdue, as they presented the most trouble to the Empire among its Asian enemies.

Top Bottom