Need Help with 3.19

Civ4Gandalf13

Warlord
Hi All,

I am an old Civ4 player who ha splayed on a non-internet computer for years. Found the 3.19 patch and tried to download and install it but had serious problems doing so. Would not work and even caused my game to stop working. Can anyone help me with a guide on how to do it? Thanks

At one time You needed to install 3.17 first or the installer crashed
So that is install Civ4 -> Civ4:BtS -> patch 3.17 -> patch 3.19
I don't know if this is still current there is a thread at the Download page.

It is also sensitive to the path where civ4 is installed

Thanks. I will try it. I would have thought that 3.19 would have included 3.17. Any ideas why Firaxis did it this way?

I know I bought Civ4 Complete Edition a while ago - and BtS was build 3.13.
Only yesterday I installed 3.19 - with no problem at all... I did use "Run As Administrator" (a number of posters on the Download page recommend this).

I did not, however, install 3.17 first - no (easily accessible) information seems to be given as to whether 3.19 is a cumulative patch, i.e. also containing previous patches.
Has anyone got an answer for this?
(And if not, should I reinstall, first upgrading to 3.17?)

I also used Civ4 Complete and installed 3.19, but I saw no difference in the performance (maybe it did not take?). I tried to download 3.17, but the screen only reverted to the 3.19 download. I echo your question, Da Rock.

On BTS main menu, select Advanced and then "about this build". It will display the version number, so you should be able to check if the patch worked.

AFAIK patch 3.19 is cumulative. I'd only try the 3.17->3.19 route if for some reason installing 3.19 directly wouldn't work.

The civIV complete edition is slightly different when updating. If I remember it right, if you use the wrong patch it doesn't work correctly but does change the version number so you think that it has done something.
There is a thread here in the patches section that details how to update correctly and which patch goes with complete edition.

DA Rock 3.19 is a cumulative patch but must be applied correctly.

Welcome to CivFanatics Civ4Gandalf13 :band: :cheers:

@mintegar, @Testhero
Thanks for the "cumulation" confirmation :goodjob:

Testhero, as far as I am aware, the 3.19 patch installed ok - my Civ 4 states the version now at 319 (the other value being 3.0.0.2?). As a side-effect, it did reset all the config options, including the screen resolution. Having played it for a few hours, there were no problems to report.
I could be fortunate in that the patch from GamersHell is compatible with the Complete Edition - avoiding the need for trawling through the 900+ posts in the patch thread for the "correct" patch information!

Top Bottom