MY own spy is lowering my success rate?

traius

His own worst enemy
I assume this must be a glitch, but I have a spy with a 50% reduction for waiting 5 turns ready to go in an opposition city, and my success rate is showing as 91%. When I move another of my own spies in, the success rate drops to 76%. Is this intentional for some unknown reason? Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 100
I can reproduce this. It's news to me, but, then again, I rarely use active espionage, and I'm sure there's much I don't know about it. Anyway, I've taken a look at the source code, and this conditional in CvUnit::getSpyInterceptPercent seems to be responsible:
Code:
if(0 == getFortifyTurns()
|| plot()->plotCount(PUF_isSpy, -1, -1, NO_PLAYER, getTeam()) > 1)
 iSuccess += GC.getDefineINT("ESPIONAGE_INTERCEPT_RECENT_MISSION");
The assignment applies a bonus of 15 percentage points (that's the value of ESPIONAGE_INTERCEPT_RECENT_MISSION) to spy interception; i.e. a malus to mission success. The first condition checks if the active spy has waited for zero turns. The second, alternative, condition checks if the civ (the team to be precise) controlling the active spy has more than one spy in the plot. Looks intentional to me. Perhaps the developers thought it would be realistic for groups of spies to attract more attention than a single one.

Oh that is cool, especially checking that your team is not fouling up your mission by running in another spy ring.
If we could only make other civs spies in your own team invisible to you that would be super realistic

Top Bottom