Shaka DoW anyone for 5gpt and some horses

Jandos

Chieftain
As title say ...

Me and Shaka are first and second in points and have borders next to each other.
He is in fake friendly mode and "marching an suprise attack" on my city. He has 6 times bigger army than me according to pointiest sticks.
All you have to do is to pay him 5gpt, 5 horses, 2 iron and tell him to DoW some one else. He turns around like that ! In the end of reneisance era when he has 2000 gold in treasury. This works every time.

Seems ridiculous to me.

I am playing on king btw.

lol that was expensive, offer him less sometime.

I can often get him to DoW for just 2 horses or 2gpt

just finished my 1st BNW game and funny enough, Zulu was on the other huge continent. by the time i got a couple swordsmen on his continent looking for antiquities, it was just he and Theodora left. he killed Arabia, Brazil, and an unnamed civ. but it's not just the violence he wrought, but the fact that he razed all their cities, leaving only the improved tiles neatly circled up here and there, untouched. it was like the Twilight Zone, walking through fields of former human life, vanished :lol:

after a while i had an unshakable "star trek guy in the red shirt" feeling, but Zulu kinda just wanted to be a bro with me for some insane reason, like Genghis often does.

I'd love some screenshots of those abandoned lands. Must have been a treasure trove for Archaeologists.

Anyway, warmonger civs are pretty useful and cheap attack dogs.

I've had Boudicca attack three different civs with just some silver, Theodora, Kamehameha, and Pacal were all subject to my silvery puppet army.

I once offered Shaka to attack the Persians. Got him to wage war for a mere 45 gold and a piece of iron. We were both in the Industrial age.
He was really wanting to go to war, I guess.

Bribing is part of the game but it should definitely be more expensive, especially in later eras when 5 gold per turn is nothing. Hopefully they fix this in the patch, though I doubt it's on their priority list.

Top Bottom