Classical Era Wars

Callonia

Deity
Who says its extinct? Certainly not in this playthrough xD

As I spawned, I see that I'm buried deep in mountains and jungles. Yikes.

But whats this i see? A gold vein plus bunch of spices and a couple of fish? Okay this looks decent, time to play.

So as I explore dun dun and filling out social policies in tradition/honor.

Aztec Settler: Oh hi... lemme introduce you to our great leader..
German Scout: Yes please.

Spoiler :

-After the meeting with Monty the awesome.-

Spoiler :

(Bismarcks notices that Monty been casting covetous eyes in the general direction of his capital.)

Aztec Settler: Uhh this is awkward.
German Spearman/Scout: You my Slave nao.
<German Scout has enslaved a settler unit into a worker unit!>

(Three great wars between Germanic and Aztec City states later.)
yeah, there was three wars. It basically looked like this.
Spoiler :

I had aztec surrounded on all sides, killing every single jaguar/settler that dare try to expand the glorious aztec empire when they're too close to my capital. I basically turned into a barbarian faction and laid siege on the borders around Aztec capturing any settler/worker I could and pillaging every single improvement...

Here the pictures. Monty is quite sore at me for settling a city in my capital zone which is my 2nd city which basically told me that attempting to eliminate monty is good idea after all xD

Monty: Hello dear old Bismarck! Would you like to have a closer look at my altar?
*Monty holds one hand behind the back concealing a sacrificial dagger.*

Bismarck: Oh! I've always.. uh.. uhh... I don't need a closer look at your altar, I can see it quite fine at where I stand.
*Bismarck is getting quite nervous at that crazy look in Monty's eyes.*

Monty: Nah Bismarck don't be like that, I don't mind wars because I love wars. I enjoy the thrill of battling with you and I want to you to see the history of our battles together inscribed upon the altar but you can't quite get a good look at it unless you look closer.

Bismarck: I'M OUTTA HERE! *flees*.

Monty: *Sighs* Plan B failed.
Spoiler :

And here is what my marauders basically looked like as they locked in Aztec expansion despite having a neighbor known as romans with access to 12+ iron and they got legionnaires running around. :p

Spoiler :

yeah I was that tiny xD

Then after some time passed.... and the 4th great war between two emotional city states buried deep in jungle with nothing to do better than make war not peace.

At this point Monty is at such a great disadvantage, none of their hexes is improved at all and I have a unit in almost every hex and workers is participating in the siege! Cuz I felt like having them there, that worker next to city used to be one of aztec settlers. xD
Spoiler :

But wait you say you see a single longswordmen there? That's out of place!
Well my dear readers, please look at the minimap and see a island circled by red line? There was an ancient ruin.
I built my first swordmen and I looked at it and wondered hmm.. if I could bag a weapon upgrade from there that would be epic, str 21 longswordmen vs classical era city YUM.

i sent a trireme+swordmen there, and I lucked out seriously XD The swordmen upgraded to longswordmen. The amount of time required for that travel was just perfect cuz I needed that enough amount of time for extra swordmen+Great general+composite bowmen to arrive and join my marauders to start the siege.

Kablooey goes Monty it's capital lasted only two turns with the longswordmen doing most of the damage, took 82-84 hp off the capital XD

Then some time later, I learned why Rome never attacked me, it's because I had decent military strength and other of his neighbors had like none.

Caesar the great took a city for sure from Siam cuz I saw it but dunno about others cuz they're in unexplored lands. And they immediately went to war against denmark after war against siam ended. Denmark managed to fend them off by the skin of their teeth and lose no cities a city was redlined but survived.

Caesar has been cordial towards me cuz I have a army and plus I have at least 6 iron which i managed to grab for myself before they could grab it and increase their maximum legions from 12 to 18 from what I could know. Oh and they have three iron nodes in their capital, uber forge city XD

But a funny moment did happen between me and Rome..

As I was settling a city named Milla upon the old site of ancient ruin which gave me longswordmen..

Spoiler :

Then Caesar was like hey yo yo yo dude I gotta tell you....
Spoiler :

Then I was like no. I will settle as I please.

-Then the whole known world is basically in medieval era by now.- :p

Oh and I lucked on gettign Notre Dame. I had a engineer pop by the time the tech finished in 13 turns XD I think there might be a war between me and Rome in medieval era but I"m still focused on expanding and I see Cotton Luxs I want for trade Plus solomon's mines. And.. Mongolia actually built Petra, and I'm coveting it secretly.

Basically put, if the conditions is right, there will be classical wars. i'm kinda scared of rome, their capital can pump serious amount of legionnaires in short amount of time just cuz they have three iron nodes from what I can see in rome.

And plus due to all the ongoing wars, I could snag stonehenge, zeus, Oracle and Notre Dame xD And maybe angkor wat, its still unbuilt.

edit: Oh yes, spoils of the war between aztec and germany was 8 workers, one of them got killed while embarked next to city. The seven other workers was put into good use in chopping every single jungle in sight xD My cities is developing very fast despite being deep in jungle due to large amount of workers and setting up farms/banana plantations to get my economy up quick so i can afford my army.

And in middle of war I was able to sneak out a caravan to antium oh and I just remembered that I snagged Colossus too. The cargo ship is trading with Manila. So i was making like 12 gpt from trade routes xD

Top Bottom