Great Prophet won't spawn

saamohod

Deity
Hey fine people, I urgently need your help here.
I've been saving for a Great Prophet after having founded a Pantheon. Now I've accumulated more than the needed 300 faith points, and the tooltip info tells me I'm 3 turns overdue to buy a Prophet (it says "-3"). There are still 3 religions to be founded in the game, but I'm unable to get a Great Prophet. I've opted for auto-purchase of a Prophet but it hasn't arrived in these 3 turns. Neither I have an option to buy one with Faith in my cities.
What am I doing wrong? Please help, it's game-breaking now.
:sad:

Basically--the faith points required is an estimate. It's not a number set in stone. I've had games where I've gone six or seven turns beyond what was needed before my Great Prophet spawned. The 300 faith points is the minimum needed.

Once you cross the minimum faith threshold, you have a random chance of spawning a GP. Just give it more turns.

Once you cross the minimum faith threshold, you have a random chance of spawning a GP.
This.

You don't even need additional faith generation at that point.

Yes, it sucks.

You do have a slightly higher chance as it continues to go up, but yes you can consider temporarily moving tiles away from faith tiles if that was the only reason you were working them.
(Following the GP being born though you'll want to relocate them back to get the second GP as fast as possible to enhance)

Also, it's not until the Industrial era in which you can faith buy great people within your cities. (Industrial era is also when Great Prophets become a fixed cost)

I'm pretty sure that how far past the thresh hold you have to go is based on how much faith other civs are making. If there are other civs with nearly the same faith production then your faith is kind of battling to get the next prophet. That is what causes a delay.

Not in the slightest. It is pure RNG, with the odds rising as you generate more faith above the threshold, hitting 100% when you hit the next GP threshold.

If you see anything else, it is confirmation bias.

This is in the top 3 of things I hate about BNW,...I have had so many "Awesome Starts" slip through my fingers because of this....Why is it different than Tech/Prod/Culture...Makes no sense, incredibly frustrating!

Other 2

> Ruins: Barbarian Encampments Near by, causes more rerolls than anything else! (Useless, if you take my Settler...I am just going to Reroll anyway)

>AI: I want it to act like it is "Trying to Win the Game", not "Prevent me from Winning the Game".

Great prophet spawning has a habit of spawning a few more turns after the faith requirements are met. Prophets spawning a few more turns afterwards usually happen more particularly when no one has started a religion yet.

Although it is unlikely in this case, if your cities already have a GP sitting in them- say a GE in each, your GP won't spawn either. That is normally late game though.

Also, it's not until the Industrial era in which you can faith buy great people within your cities. (Industrial era is also when Great Prophets become a fixed cost)

At what cost do Great Prophets become "fixed"? I've recently tried a game where I was buying as many Great Prophets as possible throughout the game (including after industrial), yet the prices were still going up after each purchase (including after industrial).

By fixed cost, he means the random spawn feature expires when you enter the Industrial Era, so the cost of the GP is thereafter fixed at the relevant threshold, but you are correct that the GP cost continues to rise with each GP

At standard speed, Great Prophets escalate in cost by +100 more than the prior GP rose in cost. So GPs cost 200, 300 (+100 over prior GP), 500 (+200 over prior GP), 800 (+300 over prior GP), 1200 (+400 over prior GP), 1700 (+500 over prior GP), 2300 (+600 over prior GP), etc.

By fixed cost, he means the random spawn feature expires when you enter the Industrial Era, so the cost of the GP is thereafter fixed at the relevant threshold, but you are correct that the GP cost continues to rise with each GP

At standard speed, Great Prophets escalate in cost by +100 more than the prior GP rose in cost. So GPs cost 200, 300 (+100 over prior GP), 500 (+200 over prior GP), 800 (+300 over prior GP), 1200 (+400 over prior GP), 1700 (+500 over prior GP), 2300 (+600 over prior GP), etc.

I would think that after the industrial era any Great Prophet for a major world religion would be more like a popular evangelist or well known activist anyway, like a Billy Graham or Pat Robertson. A true prophet is more like somebody like Mohammad, Moses, Ghandi, John the Baptist, or Jesus Christ.

What no one mentioned that one reason why GP would not spam is that All possible religions were already founded. In this case you can not spam prophet at all, because all prophets are always your religion..

It is pure RNG, with the odds rising as you generate more faith above the threshold, hitting 100% when you hit the next GP threshold.
I think you got this little detail wrong. If I'm not mistaken, you have 1 % chance of the prophet spawning for each faith point you are over the threshold. Thus, if threshold was 300 faith as in this case, he will reach 100 % certainty for prophet spawning when he has 400 faith, and not when he reaches next threshold (which would be 500 faith).

I think you're right. In fact the spawn chance starts at 5%, so it should hit the max before you hit 300 faith (for the 200-faith GP).

Top Bottom