Problem with mods

Gutsu

Chieftain
When I download mods I can have one game with it and play it fine each time. However, when I close the game and try to open it again the game just keeps crashing at the opening loading screen and says something along the lines of "A problem has caused Civilization to stop working properly. Windows will inform you when we find a fix." This seems to happen ONLY when I play with mods and I've tried all of the other solutions like getting rid of the intro and making it windowed. I was using a lot of mods, sure, but they were not incompatible with one another and the game worked fine when I was using them. The only solution I found was to delete and reinstall, but I want to be able to play with mods.Each time it crashes a civilizationv_395131_crash_2014_10_17T20_58_6C0.mdmp pops up in the games folder. If it helps these are my specs

Model: HP Pavillion dv6 notebook PC
BIOS: default system Bios
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs) - 2.3GHz

I also keep getting this window popping up constantly each time I try to do this.

You might be able to get better help if you upload that file and/or a better view of your specs using the DxDiag tool! It may also help if you list which mods you are using.

When you say "when I close the game and try to open it again the game just keeps crashing at the opening loading screen", are you referring to loading a particular game save after starting CiV or are you referring to starting CiV itself? And by "loading screen" do you mean the main CiV loading screen (i.e., where the intro cinematic appears) or the screen you see when you try to load a save file? Also, when you go to load up a modded saved game, are you entering through the Mods menu item on the main game screen, or are you trying to load the modded save from the Single Player menu item on the main menu screen?

Top Bottom