Is there a way to remove a music track from the game?

Leathaface

Emperor
I don't like the music track which has really emotion orchestra pieces, and a prominent flute (I think) It is music that makes you sad.

I am playing as Pocatello and it plays with him. It plays with the Inca too. It never plays for Shaka. Is there a way to remove it though?

Search for *.OGG files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets
(for Windows x64, at least).

Good luck finding it though.

This works for sure? The game won't try to redownload them when it recognises the music track is missing?

I found the tracks and deleted them.

You can also replace music files with other stuff.

Something like... Want Shingeki no Kyojin opening replace some generic, annoying, overly sad song? Or that "PUNSHAYLA SHON SHON HJONKROOOHM" Asian soundtrack song that makes me want to pull out my teeth with a screwdriver every time I hear it? Or that single Native American song that annoyed me so much I actually didn't want to play Maya/Aztec/Inca for half a year? I told myself "go ahead, make your own Attack on Runaway".

I plan to replace my Civ 5 soundtrack with completely unfitting anime songs, because I love when music doesn't fit at all. Unless it's annoying me/my ears.

I put the native American music for the Zulu. I think that fits a little bit better.

As to what song it is, I'm gonna guess it's one of the following:
Daybreak_Vision
Catfish_Muse
Canyon_Reverie

You can find these in your Civ V installation folder in the following path: Assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music\America\Peace

Spoiler :
The above songs happen to be my favourites :lol:

Top Bottom