Please just let us raze city states and capitals......

So...if capitals can be razed, how can the original owner attempt to take them back? That revanchist desire is part of the game. And if the civ is defeated completely and every one of its cities, including the capital, razed, how can another civ liberate them? Liberating civs and city-states so that they'll always vote for you in UN elections is another distinct feature of the game.

So...if capitals can be razed, how can the original owner attempt to take them back? That revanchist desire is part of the game. And if the civ is defeated completely and every one of its cities, including the capital, razed, how can another civ liberate them? Liberating civs and city-states so that they'll always vote for you in UN elections is another distinct feature of the game.
I choose to abscond said thingies in favor of abject mayhem. Capisce?

If I choose to play on an all-land map, Polynesia (a distinct feature of the game) becomes useless... Etc. This should be a check-box at the game options screen. 'For this session I hereby relinquish certain diplomatic nuances in favor of grand barbeque.' :goodjob:

Why do those things have to exist? If your capital is raised you can't get it back. Done. And if all your cities were raised, you can't be brought back to life. Also done. There's no reason those things need to exist in the game 100% of the time.

Why do those things have to exist? If your capital is raised you can't get it back. Done. And if all your cities were raised, you can't be brought back to life. Also done. There's no reason those things need to exist in the game 100% of the time.

People need to realize that certian features exist only to create the balance within the game, allownig you to raze everything would break few of the game's rules.

Can't city-states raze city-states? I swear I remember two neighboring city-states whose respective allied civs went to war going mostly ignored; one city-state actually took the other one out and razed it.

Of course, I might have imagined that.

People need to realize that certian features exist only to create the balance within the game, allownig you to raze everything would break few of the game's rules.

Which would be ok if the game was actually balanced, which it isn't. As for game rules, they seem to be more in the AI's favor than being equal.

Which would be ok if the game was actually balanced, which it isn't. As for game rules, they seem to be more in the AI's favor than being equal.

:rolleyes:
If the AI is too tough, you can scale down the difficulty. Playing on Prince, there is literally no advantage the AI has on you, and you get to keep the advantage of being a human being.

If the AI is too tough, you can scale down the difficulty. Playing on Prince, there is literally no advantage the AI has on you, and you get to keep the advantage of being a human being.

I think the game is even on Chieftain, not Prince.

Hmnn I probably should have proof read this. That's what I get for trying to do dishes and type at the same time, lol.

Actually, what I meant was that the AI is given ridiculous amounts of bonuses in order to keep up with the human player. Since I normally play Emp, it's rather amusing to see what the AI advantage is in order to keep up with the player. Sorry for not being more clear.

Unless those 700 hours were in the last few months, it isn't surprising. I believe the fall patch made it so AI will capture and liberate city-states. Khan will often have 3-4 city states annexed by turn 40-50 and Greece/Siam often liberate cities in my games.

Hmnn I probably should have proof read this. That's what I get for trying to do dishes and type at the same time, lol.

Actually, what I meant was that the AI is given ridiculous amounts of bonuses in order to keep up with the human player. Since I normally play Emp, it's rather amusing to see what the AI advantage is in order to keep up with the player. Sorry for not being more clear.

Yeah, the ideal AI would simply be smarter on higher difficulties and dumber on lower, and everyone would start out equal on all. But that's actually super hard to program and would be harder still to run on most machines, so they have to do it this way.

Sorry, I thought you were one of those people who plays on Immortal, constantly loses and then complains to the forum that the game is too hard.

Yeah, the ideal AI would simply be smarter on higher difficulties and dumber on lower, and everyone would start out equal on all. But that's actually super hard to program and would be harder still to run on most machines, so they have to do it this way.

Sorry, I thought you were one of those people who plays on Immortal, constantly loses and then complains to the forum that the game is too hard.

no worries. I re-read my previous post, and saw where the error was.

What about if the "Raze City" option appeared for Civ capitals once said Civ was eliminated for the game?

Top Bottom