Anyone playing on a 32" monitor?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I'm thinking of bumping up from my 27".

Any comments or experience with this? I'm wondering if the picture will be more 'grainy' on a monitor that size.

What resolutions? 1080p at 27" to 4K at 32" is going to be an improvement (but you wouldn't be asking this question if you were doing that).

I keep forgetting I have a 15-20 foot hdmi cable to do exactly this. I bought it a few years back brought my PC downstairs and tested it out. Keep forgetting ever since. I think because I only had a PC back then. Now I have my laptop and it will be much easier. 52" 1920 x 1080P. Tested it out tonight after work.

Yippie !!!!

Brew God

I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display and I found that it is best to turn the resolution down lower than the native resolution which is 2560 x 1600. What I found is that going any higher than say 1920 x ? makes it hard to see the writing in the game.

When you go for a crazy high resolution the writing is just way too small to make out. I didn't like it. If they would some how make the writing appear larger at higher resolutions that would be much better.

I've got a 27-inch Apple Cinema Display (one of the originals), and it's fine for me. I have all my settings at the lowest though.

I've thought about buying a 32-inch.

You guys with the big screens or using TVs are making me jealous.

Darn it--last week my sister helped hold a benefit for a friend of hers who has breast cancer. I gave her money for raffle tickets and I won a 55-inch TV. My apartment is too small for it. So I told her she could have it.

Now that I think about it--I should have hung it over my computer and used it as a screen.

Oh well, too late now :( :( :(

I also occasionally play on my 42 inch flatscreen T.V. at 1920 x 1080, it looks great.

You guys with the big screens or using TVs are making me jealous.

You could always buy one from wall mart or future shop, play on it for a few weeks, then return it for your money back. My brother does this occasionally. Apparently it happens quite often around major game releases.

Alternately, if you work, or know people that work for a department store you could try and get a discount T.V.. I got mine when I worked at costco, Someone had returned it after a week. It was in perfect condition, I managed to talk the store manager down to $600 from ~$1120 new. Though he owed me a favor as well.

We'll in the GTA, I would argue the expensive part isn't so much the big TV screen as it is finding the house to put it in.

I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display and I found that it is best to turn the resolution down lower than the native resolution which is 2560 x 1600. What I found is that going any higher than say 1920 x ? makes it hard to see the writing in the game.

When you go for a crazy high resolution the writing is just way too small to make out. I didn't like it. If they would some how make the writing appear larger at higher resolutions that would be much better.

QFT

Even at 1920x1080, the max of my TV, any kind of text can be incredibly difficult to read. Sadly, most games generally do no have any kind of option to change font size, but at least i can change my browsers default zoom to 125%.

I used to play on my cinema screen of thousands of inches and foots and kilometers, but my neck was hurting and I had to use binoculars. But all the map was visible.

Top Bottom