Is there a BNW elimination thread?

Chris3894

Warlord
I'm currently reading through one of all the vanilla, DLC, and G&K Civs but was wondering if there is a thread that's been done that also includes the BNW Civs?

I don't know if there's a thread on that, but some of the civilizations that were on bnw are Venice, Assyria, Shoshone, Indonesia, Morocco, Poland, Brazil, Portugal and Zulu. These are most of the civilizations that were in bnw.

Oh I mean I own both expansions I've just really been enjoying this Civilization elimination thread and wanted to read one with the Civs from BNW included with it

Sorry if I shouldn't ask, but what is an "elimination thread"?
It's a thread in which someone posits something like, "What's you favorite UI?" and then lists all the UI's with a starting score of 20. Each person who posts upvotes one of the options (+1) and downvotes another option (-3 or -5 or whatever), preferably explaining their reasoning for their votes. Eventually, when one of the options reaches a score of 0, it is eliminated from the list.

After a few years of voting, you're left with one option which is declared the winner of the thread and receives the coveted award of being overanalyzed and critiqued to death for having won.

We had a rash of these threads not too long ago (anything from "What's the most powerful civ?" to "Who's your favorite Power Ranger? What's your favorite peacetime music?") and the MODs had to finally step in and say, "Enough! Any future elimination threads must be approved by us before being created."

It's a thread in which someone posits something like, "What's you favorite UI?" and then lists all the UI's with a starting score of 20. Each person who posts upvotes one of the options (+1) and downvotes another option (-3 or -5 or whatever), preferably explaining their reasoning for their votes. Eventually, when one of the options reaches a score of 0, it is eliminated from the list.

After a few years of voting, you're left with one option which is declared the winner of the thread and receives the coveted award of being overanalyzed and critiqued to death for having won.

We had a rash of these threads not too long ago (anything from "What's the most powerful civ?" to "Who's your favorite Power Ranger? What's your favorite peacetime music?") and the MODs had to finally step in and say, "Enough! Any future elimination threads must be approved by us before being created."

In the leader screen elimination thread, Harald Bluetooth won, but Truenarnian reminded us of a rule(an essential vote didn't have a description, which makes it invalid. This doesn't work, because other votes earlier on had the same problem), leading to Askia winning, even though the vote of Truenarnian turned out invalid, there was an argument about rules, and in the end we called it a tie. Some reasons were stupid as well, like voting down Montezuma with meh, finishing Dido with HULK SMASH DIDO, voting down Pacal with thank you Magma Dragoon, and some vague banter about an unexplained ''subliminal message'' with Pacal.

It was a very awesome thread. Montezuma went down from 30 to 0 points in TWO pages. One of my favorite threads, like Who/What Am I, which unfortunately has died

No wonder Harald won he easily has the best leader screen, although I really like Ethiopia's just because of how bad ass Haile looks.

In the leader screen elimination thread, Harald Bluetooth won, but Truenarnian reminded us of a rule(an essential vote didn't have a description, which makes it invalid. This doesn't work, because other votes earlier on had the same problem), leading to Askia winning, even though the vote of Truenarnian turned out invalid, there was an argument about rules, and in the end we called it a tie. Some reasons were stupid as well, like voting down Montezuma with meh, finishing Dido with HULK SMASH DIDO, voting down Pacal with thank you Magma Dragoon, and some vague banter about an unexplained ''subliminal message'' with Pacal.

It was a very awesome thread. Montezuma went down from 30 to 0 points in TWO pages. One of my favorite threads, like Who/What Am I, which unfortunately has died
The concept of Elimination threads is pretty cool and they can be fun to read sometimes. But, like you said, the execution was often subpar and, thus, the results would be tainted. Plus, we had so many Elimination threads for every little aspect of the game, that the message board finally hit a saturation point.

The concept of Elimination threads is pretty cool and they can be fun to read sometimes. But, like you said, the execution was often subpar and, thus, the results would be tainted. Plus, we had so many Elimination threads for every little aspect of the game, that the message board finally hit a saturation point.

We've also already done pretty much all subjects

We've also already done pretty much all subjects

I have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, have I ever told you that I dislike the current warmonger penalty, diplomacy in Civ 5 is horrible, some of the Social Policies are much worse than others, I think a few of the civs are over powered, and the AI cheats?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, have I ever told you that I dislike the current warmonger penalty, diplomacy in Civ 5 is horrible, some of the Social Policies are much worse than others, I think a few of the civs are over powered, and the AI cheats?

I was talking about that we have elimination threads about most things.

As for the second paragraph, my answers:

I dislike the warmonger penalty
Diplomacy is bad sometimes(they can tell me to remove my units and I can't!)
Social Policies, yes. Looking at you, Exploration
Overpowered civs, yes. Looking at you, Korea, Babylon and Poland
AI Cheats, this is unanimous. Of course!

I was talking about that we have elimination threads about most things.

As for the second paragraph, my answers:

I dislike the warmonger penalty
Diplomacy is bad sometimes(they can tell me to remove my units and I can't!)
Social Policies, yes. Looking at you, Exploration
Overpowered civs, yes. Looking at you, Korea, Babylon and Poland
AI Cheats, this is unanimous. Of course!

Oops, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying we've covered all topics of threads in general. The second paragraph was a sarcastic example of some of the threads that seem to keep popping up every other week to the point where I roll my eyes and say to myself, "Oh goody! This thread again!"

Oops, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying we've covered all topics of threads in general. The second paragraph was a sarcastic example of some of the threads that seem to keep popping up every other week to the point where I roll my eyes and say to myself, "Oh goody! This thread again!"

Haha, yeah. And people suggesting things to fix those things, oh god, there's too many

One thing we can all agree on is that they were fun while they lasted. Some are kind of reliable as evidence for judging various things like UA/UU/UB's, others are just general aestethics of the game.

Top Bottom