Four-Strategies, Four civs in a Deity Showdown!

danaphanous

religious fanatic

The 2nd Series in my Deity Challenge lineup! I am missing playing the early game and have decided I want to start a new series to stagger episodes with Shoshone Empires now that it is slowing down in the later eras!

4-Strategy Deity Showdown Description:

Since most of my viewers mentioned loving watching me play and strategize in the early game, my idea is to play a Hotseat Game vs. myself where I play 4 human players on Deity vs. AI.

For this 4-way showdown I'll stick the basic one-tree strategies. I will choose a different starting tree (Tradition, Liberty, Honor, and Piety) going for different VC and strategy so you'll get to see 4 starts and approaches in one game and how they measure up to each other!

Viewers helped me pick the civs, the lineup is Netherlands, Maya, Iroquois, and Assyria, may the best civ win! :D

If you guys like this series I may continue it with more civs and strategies in the future! I'm getting to experience many civs I'm less familiar with already like Assyria and Iroquois!

The New Series just started!

due to the time it takes to manage 4 players this may run a bit slower. I'll try to do around 8-10 turns an episode in the beginning though.

Part 1: 4-Player Launch!
Part 2: Mayan Woes
Part 3: Stealing Workers
Part 4: Barbarian Convergence
Part 5: Horse Surplus
Part 6: Expansion Time!
Part 7: City Spammin!
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

I'm a solid Deity player and I usually don't have a hard time winning normal games so I've begun to challenge myself with harder games and personal restrictions. I've only played civ about 500 hours (which apparently is not a lot judging by fans here) and have yet to play many civs or strategies, so this will be a great learning experience for me and a great way to improve my own gameplay even further as other players comment, please do!

The AI is predictable enough there are certain exploits I will purposely not utilize as I consider them unnecessary for victory and only necessary for competitive fast times vs. other players in competitions like GOTM. This includes categories falling under gold exploits and diplo exploits such as miring an enemy in war by bribing with all your stuff right before you declare war on them.

My personal setting rules for these Deity Games are:
- I play the first start I get with no rerolls, and no legendary starts so you'll get to see me recover from plenty of poor starts which I think makes my games a bit more realistic.
- No policy or promotion saving
- No picking opponents: they are always random

Part 4 is out! Regretting checking "raging Barbarians" lol...

Part 4: Barbarian Convergence

I'm gonna be trying to upload a video of this series every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think or how I can improve!

Part 5: Horse Surplus

Enjoy the next installment in the showdown where empires start to expand and thrive!

The first settlers, the first resources, and the barbarian waves are fought back with some early recruits. Oh...and the Mayans luck continues unabated...poor saps. ;)

Part 6 of 4-Strategy Deity Showdown is out! Start with a bit of a recap of the series so far where I talk about my successes and mistakes so far in hindsight. All civs focus in hard on expansion in this episode in an effort to claim early settling spots.

Part 6: Expansion Time!

Part 7 of 4-Strategy Deity Showdown! 2nd and 3rd cities all going down in this installment as the race for city spots commences! Mayans are starting to do a little better and finally settle but still playing from behind, Iroquois block Egyptian settlers to claim a contested spot, Assyrians rake in culture from multiple sources and work to settle their 3rd city, and Netherlands are about to complete their 3rd city and be the first to work on the NC-rush.

Part 7: City Spammin

Top Bottom