[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Walter Hawkwood said:
A quick question - I've been playing around with mercenary mod ini settings.

Before release, I've found some settings that seem more appealing to me already on pre-release subversions (promotion chance 10 - come on! mercs are not supposed to be that powerful; hiring at capital also seems more realistic to me), but now, with 2.0, I'm finding that no settings are read from ini - though the file is there, all settings in actual game are default (I even screwed myself when I was hiring a merc troop to cover my capital). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

P.S. A suggestion - promotion chance looks at all available promotions for a unit. Original merc mod was made for vanilla promotion availability. Your mod more than doubles this number (not only by adding new promotions, but also by making every older one available to almost every unit, if I understand correctly). That's why in your mod all mercenaries are ridiculuosly overpowered - some 15-20 level guys versus 1-5 level in original mod component (see the screens in the thread of origin) with the same ini settings. I suggest you tone those down somewhat.

thank for report, i will look at this..pleas fill report also in bug tracker tool (link is created in start menu, also in readme.txt) - we are using this tool for better tracking of bugs

lumat83 said:
Ok, I've download and installed the mod.

It work very well (with the civ4_registry1.61 patch). But only with the realism earth map.
In fact, when I launch the game with the "Civ IV Total realism Earth Map" icon, all is good. But if I launch with the "Civ IV Total Realim" icon, I've a crash when I launch the game, during "INIT XML (Uncached)".

Is it possible to play the game with both "Total realism" and "KREarth_217x119_v1.2" (for example) ? Is it the problem ?

NB : I've the french version of CIV IV

Thanks for help ;)

clear your cache, restart and it'll work fine.

cache is locate @ C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Civivlization 4\cache

delete the whole folder.

Looks fantastic. Going to test this once I finish the current GOTM.

Kudos to you guys for some great-looking work. :goodjob:

phatlip said:
clear your cache, restart and it'll work fine.

cache is locate @ C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Civivlization 4\cache

delete the whole folder.

Ok, thanks you. It work fine now. I've a the trouble but with BlueMarble. If I install it, I've the crash again (same problem) and I must désinstall it to play.

Are they really compatibles ?

Some comment for the Merc option - I do some test games and I feel it is way too powerful - I rent my cheap warriors out and got tons of money - then I hire couple of 9- 10 strength units - of course I wipe out every one around me in One hundred turns - now my economy is broke coz too quick of expansion - we have to rethink about it. Maybe we should have Merc Units that are not from too advanced era early on - Have anybody done what I did ?

great job this mod is awesome ! but in french and german version all ''é è à'' has disappeared, exemple: métallurgie = m_tallurgie, mathématique = math_matique etc..

Does installing this "overwrite" the original game or is it loadable, like a scenario? Sorry if this question is roflworthy in its newbieness.

Dagenham Dave said:
Does installing this "overwrite" the original game or is it loadable, like a scenario? Sorry if this question is roflworthy in its newbieness.

no, it is addition to game...when you use created desktop shortcuts, it will be loaded automaticaly. You can also load mod when you go to Advanced submenu in Main Menu..the Load a Mod and select Total Realism

also it is working as scenario - Just select TotalRealismWorldmap - but i must warn you: this map is really huge, you need powerfull computer, if you don't want wait too long between turns (at least 1GB RAM, 2GHz CPU)

Hello guys,

Sorry i wasn't around last night. Was on a date to relax a bit and talk about other stuff. :)

They were many questions:

@Walter Hawkwood, after a second thought, maybe you are right about the cross. Since the German WWII units have the German Iron Cross as well. Hmmm I will discuss with the team what they say. Also more input from the community would be helpful, shall we roll back the texture of the Teutonic knight from the fleur to red cross?

@Los Tirano, regarding pirates. We denitely are planing to include Pirates to make sneaky wars without actually starting a war. You said there was a Teutonic problem for German? I don't see anything being missing?

@Isca
@geebo when I say delete everything from your custom assets mean, in case you had previously installed anything in there (other mods, other functionalities) delete them all before using this mod.

@ruffriders23 as we discussed already over PM. the button is for contacting units out (selling them) or ending an existing contract from a mercenery.

@Toys&#174;Us, if you like to help us with the Civilopedia, you have time to spend on it and are commited to finish your tasks. You are welcome to join. Thanks for text bugs, we will see to fix them in the next patch.

@Algernon Pondlife The English got the Highlander to represent the UK. The map is not big and the Celtic people are not represented in this game. Even though the Celtic have an older culture than the English. At least they are united in the game (being represented as one) and so they got the Highlander. ;)

@ibcoltscrew, this issue sounds weird. If you could provide your savegame that would be great!

@Pisces Thank you! ;)

@PontifexMaximus you have an old video card that cannot show properly the Alpha chanell. We are aware of this bug. We have to privide alternative flags for you guys with older hardware. ;)

@Hipfot, thanks for the bug report. If you could make a screenshot and point the spot where the ocean problem with France is, I am sure Nightravn could fix this. Regarding the new Religion (paradox, is actually one of the oldest ones ;) ) This is the authentical sound or prayer voice. (Is actually very short, Ashem Vohu, Vahishtem Asti, Ushta asti, Ushta Ahmay, Hiyat Ashaii, Vahishtaii Ashem. :D But I get your point. I could try to set the volume for it a bit lower. no problem.

@Spartan117 its actually a good idea implenting other videos for some of the addtional wonders. We could even take the Wonder Videos from CIV II and convert them into BIK for Civ IV. DO you have the link to those 2 movie wonders for CIV 4?

@Civtroy just clean your chache and restart the Game first without map icon on the desktop. Start the game with the other icon. Then from the second go its fine either way.

@Walter Hawkwood
@niust
shame on us. We were so much on the pressure that we have fogotten to set the right values for the merceneries. :( Thats very unbalancing. Will be fixed in the next patch.

@Serga, giving 15% defense on each level for all tiles makes Hillman and Woodman useless. Defense is low, but able to be applied on all tiles. Woodman is higher but only for jungles and forests. So there are tradeoffs. Maybe having defense as such is useless and shall be removed. However it is sometimes required as an alternative for getting a higher promotion. If you have any ideas to improve that please debate.

@Smash15195, I wm wondering why, this should not have happened, since I generated a XSLT to kill all the unused languages for 1.61 patch. Maybe the encoding is wrong...I have to double check. Is anyone French willing to join the team and translate the rest of the text into French? Germans are welcome as well. I have no time doing this by myself.

@Dagenham Dave, No, it doesn't overwrite anything. You can uninstall the Mod at any time.

@lumat83 Clean you cache, restart the computer and start the game with the mod icon (not with Map). If you get this error its perfectly fine. Now without cleaning the cache a second time dopple click again on the Mod icon. This time it will compile it right. And don't worry about Blue Marple. We have already included the hightest resolution.

Thank you for all your comments and please rate the mod. ;)

P.S. I forgot to mention the "Land Transporters" feature. Have a look on page one under features (top)

@limat83 - it is possible to play this map with the KREarth but it will be missing some necessary resources like saltpeter which you need for gunpowder units and all the other resources we have in the Mod. We have doubled all the Unhealthy values giving by certain buildings because of those added resources.

I do however plan on making a bigger Earth Map and a Europe Map for this Mod once we have the Mod and Map throughly played and tested. If any of those Mapmakers or anyone for that matter would like to help us out and add the additional resources to those maps we would be more than happy for the help.

@Fr8monkey - That is a feature of the Slavery Civic now. If you dare to use that Civic be prepared to have some of your top of the line Defenders garrisoned in ALL your cities as there is a chance that the slaves will revolt and produce a Population/2 amount of Barbarian Units of any type that you can currently build(usually the it's the best one). So more defending your Capital with your initial Warrior Unit in the Industrial Age if you choose to be a Despot.

@Toys®Us, if you like to help us with the Civilopedia, you have time to spend on it and are commited to finish your tasks. You are welcome to join. Thanks for text bugs, we will see to fix them in the next patch.

:rolleyes:
In fact, I cannot fix myself the Civilopedia. But I report the text errors here (the best I can do).
But if one day you need to translate from English to French, let me know.
I tried the MOD a bit and it is AMAZING!
Sincerely,
:)

Toys®Us said:
:rolleyes:
In fact, I cannot fix myself the Civilopedia. But I report the text errors here (the best I can do).
But if one day you need to translate from English to French, let me know.
I tried the MOD a bit and it is AMAZING!
Sincerely,

if you wish to, you could join the team for English-> French Translations. All you do is using the Tortoise to download the most recent mod, fix the Cvilopedia file according to your research etc and commit the changes to the repository.

Houman

Nightravn said:
@limat83 - it is possible to play this map with the KREarth but it will be missing some necessary resources like saltpeter which you need for gunpowder units and all the other resources we have in the Mod. We have doubled all the Unhealthy values giving by certain buildings because of those added resources.

I do however plan on making a bigger Earth Map and a Europe Map for this Mod once we have the Mod and Map throughly played and tested. If any of those Mapmakers or anyone for that matter would like to help us out and add the additional resources to those maps we would be more than happy for the help.

Ah, ok.
A bigger map it's a very very good idea :)

if you wish to, you could join the team for English-> French Translations. All you do is using the Tortoise to download the most recent mod, fix the Cvilopedia file according to your research etc and commit the changes to the repository.

Nice idea. It's not a problem for me to read the English. But don't ask me to talk or write in the Shakespeare language... sometimes, you better find some horses on your map! :D

(I play Civ4 in English)
It looks like the Civilopedia is already translated to French. There's a problem with the letter "é", replaced with "_" or a blank.

I have nothing to lose. Give more informations about your needs. Want the text more accurate ? Something else ?
It will be a part-time job for me, why not ?

Hi Modteam,
I have serious doubts that the ReligionMod works as
intended. Judaism DOES spread across my borders (I'm
playing Saladin of Arabia)!

See the attached screenshot and have a nice day.

"Beschallung" (from the Civ-Fanatics forum)
s.schaller@gmail.com

I've just sent in a possible bug but now I'm not so sure anymore.
It seemed obvious at first that somethings not working correctly but after a bit thinking I came to a possible solution why I would have that problem.

Screenshot

When I had founded Judaism, I converted in the very turn my holy city (Medina) had been chosen. But it seems that before the game had noticed it's my state religion, the religion already spread to Egypt (Thebes) because the next turn it appeared there.
I believe, it could be a wrong order of parameters?

In the screenshot you all can see that Rome has Judaism as state religion aswell. At first (and that was the moment I thought I should send this "bug" in) it seems like Judaism spreaded from Arabia to Rome but it's more possible that it spread from Egypt to Rome. This means, that the mod works, but because Judaism is already outside my borders, it spreads from there.
(I played a bit further and soon the first French city will get Judaism, from Rome most likely.)

Conclusion: This "bug" destroys the Judaism concept.

Thought you all should know, have a nice day (again).

I played a game as the japanese on the world map.

Maybe this is not a bug but barbarians are spawning inside my borders right next to my cities.

This one happened once. After conquering a barbarian city and after the unrest was over the city didnt get its nine square to work on, so the city starved from 6 to 1 and when it reach one it gained its nine squares.

Top Bottom