Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Hey there
i tried the woodelves with Ariel, i enjoyed the beginning of the game and the taste of the woodelven folk, they are quick and defensive, but i played in monarch difficulty and i was wipped out when Chaos, ulthuan and the Empire attacked me at the same time all over my kingdom so i cannot give much feedback this time :(

just a couple of things

- Hawks and Eagles, are supposed to do something already? i could not manage to use those units, they cannot move, they cannot explore and i i couldn't even rebase them!

- How about giving some little diplomacy bonus/malus between some folks? maybe +1 between elves, +1 between humans, +1 between chaos and orcs, and -1 between folks from opposite races?

cheers

Was going thru some of your files and found that 2 resources were listed in the Bonus area (No NIF) and also in the resource area their are no folders also, the two are: BloodBowl Tickets and Premium Beer. When i tried to add them in the new map i made for you'll of Bretonnia it crashed.

Bloodbowl tickets and Premium beer are resources that are gained through building wonders, thus they cannot be placed in the world..

I am having some trouble with the battle animations... sometimes in the battles only one warrior from each side fights simultaneously, which makes the battles take ages. This could very well be a problem on my computer though.

Tue2000 said:
Bloodbowl tickets and Premium beer are resources that are gained through building wonders, thus they cannot be placed in the world..

I am having some trouble with the battle animations... sometimes in the battles only one warrior from each side fights simultaneously, which makes the battles take ages. This could very well be a problem on my computer though.
The animations are a bit screwed up cause vanilla doesn't handle big numbers well we had to use a workaround to prevent crashes. We hope that'll be fixed with the upcoming warlords version.

vicentiko said:
Hey there
i tried the woodelves with Ariel, i enjoyed the beginning of the game and the taste of the woodelven folk, they are quick and defensive, but i played in monarch difficulty and i was wipped out when Chaos, ulthuan and the Empire attacked me at the same time all over my kingdom so i cannot give much feedback this time :(

just a couple of things

- Hawks and Eagles, are supposed to do something already? i could not manage to use those units, they cannot move, they cannot explore and i i couldn't even rebase them!

- How about giving some little diplomacy bonus/malus between some folks? maybe +1 between elves, +1 between humans, +1 between chaos and orcs, and -1 between folks from opposite races?

cheers
Giving additional attitude changes is planned but will take some time. I will check the birds, thx.

Hey the Cannons research seems too be bugged, whenever i research it ingame i get CTD.

i would suggest you to do like FFH2 and make a program file giving you direct access to the mod instead of having to start civ 4 and choose the warhammer mod everytime you wanna play.

Tue2000 said:

I have the same problem, too. This have to be modded separate, as the vanilla civ has max of three models on one unit and there isn´t such a problem when the number of models is low, but when the unit has 15 models the battle takes it´s sweet time. Didn´t have the same problem when attacking with horse archers against other archers, guess archers doesn´t need fixing. But when not counting these little problems the game goes smoothly. Any scenarios coming?

I played my first game in duel map using dark elves against bretonia. Got acces to horses fast and made an army of horse archers. Game ended too soon, so my testing really has no use... But the game is still great. :goodjob:

Ploeperpengel said:
No scenarios I heard of yet but some poeple wanted to make maps.

@tue2000
Can you post a save?

YEAH, i just made a map of Bretonnia looks great is made for 18 CIVs but would play faster if only 12 are used.
Also i have noticed that the music does not load correctly, but if you ZOOM in towards a civ it works. (Dont know if anyone said that yet?)

EDIT: Posted in MY ARTwork maps is the MAP i made for Warhammer. (# 11)

strategyonly said:
YEAH, i just made a map of Bretonnia looks great is made for 18 CIVs but would play faster if only 12 are used.
Also i have noticed that the music does not load correctly, but if you ZOOM in towards a civ it works. (Dont know if anyone said that yet?)

EDIT: Posted in MY ARTwork maps is the MAP i made for Warhammer. (# 11)
That means you didn't install the soundtrack correctly(or download it) make sure the seperate soundtrack is unpacked within the folder of the mod.

18 civs in Bretonnia? Ah well...:)

Hello, i don't have the autosave anymore. and though i was able to reenact the happening under other settings before, all problems with the cannons research has faded away since i made a restart.. so probably it was nothing..

Yet there are some serious trouble with the orcs and goblin gods temple and the chaos gods temple.
both have really WEIRD art in the buildings screen and when i try to build them i instantly get a ctd.....

vicentiko said:

cheers

Orcs don't like Chaos.

Ploeperpengel said:
18 civs in Bretonnia? Ah well...:)

If you want less just let me know ok or if you want anything changed, this map was designed for YOU ok. So lets spin it YOUR way.:p

strategyonly said:
If you want less just let me know ok or if you want anything changed, this map was designed for YOU ok. So lets spin it YOUR way.:p
The map looks pretty. For a scenario it would of course make sense just to put those civs on it that you can actually see on the sourcemap:
Estalia
Bretonnia
Empire
Loren
and maybe Sylvania with a renamed Leader->Heinrich Kemmler the Lichmaster(We would have to find a better pic for him) placed in the Grey Mountains or just an undead civ in Mousillon(not Mousiffon)
I could imagine scenarios of wars between Bretonnia and Loren or both against the Undead. Also much later in the future a Grailquest for Bretonnia.
Right now it might be more fun playing with more civs though since all this would require some coding and before that the mod obviously must reach more than beta status.;)

Edit: However I will already put a link for the map at the beginnig of the thread. I really like it:)

Hey have you guys noticed that this map reminds me about the real world map, and the civs also remind me about real empires. The new world looks just like America! :confused:

I downed the mod but realize it is a .7z file. I never heard about it. What do I need to unpak it? winrar is not familiar with this file.

Top Bottom