[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Houman

TR Team Leader

* This mod requires Civilization IV: Warlords 2.08

Please visit the Website for more Information about Units, Civics and much more:
http://www.civ4.houmie.com

Warlords: Total Realism 2.1.1
Download the 2.1.1a version here:
During the installation please do NOT select & install the Mercenary Component, or you will keep loosing in the first round! The buggy mercenary mod component will be removed in next version.

-----------

Warlords: Total Realism 2.2

We are sorry about the delay. But what takes long becomes better. Like an expensive wine. We are working very hard in order to make the next release the most amazing release we ever had so far. Don't be fooled by just a 0.1 increase in our release.

Just few teasers, next to almost complete reskinning of units, massive additions or replacements of units, new game concepts, new AI concepts, SPEED improvements on World map, general speed improvements, resource factories is only a preview for you. Release is unclear, because I dont want to break my promise. Its done when its done. But very likely it will be before 17th August. :)

Beyond The Sword: Total Realism 3.0

After the 2.2 there won't be any further major releases for Warlords. Maybe only 1 patch if its required. After that we move on to BtS Version TR 3.0.

And like always Patience is a virtue! ;)

G'day
Houman

-----------

Warlords Total Realism 2.1.1 - 31.3.2007

- Updated scale for Zoroastrian monastery
- National value names now reflect they are such (to avoid player confusion).
- Better texture for Brandenburg gate.
- "Turks" civilization is now "Turkish Empire" (so as to blend with all the others "* Empire")
- updated pedia tag for quinquireme
- solved problem with palisades/walls and well/aqueduct
- Update: Agricultural trait and Ramsesse leader.
- Fixed bug with Flaming Arrow and Greek Fire promos.
- Cog texture fix
- player now can enter city screen from advisor
- support for info text over PLE buttons
- solved housecarl problem (CTD)
- All cottages/hamlets/villages/towns now display correctly
- New classical/medieval city graphics for South America
- Slightly improved Russian cities
- Native archer now has a textured arrow
- Some updates to doctrine names (for better working pedia)
- Updated Ramesses II leader
- updated pandemia system:
- base rate set to 0
- chance depend also on city size
- adjusted other values from terrain/tech/buildings etc..
- New texture for Celestial Guard to hopefully make it look like Chinese Palace Guard, not an armed peasant.
- Updated Zulu Impi: this UU was really too weak...
- A small text update - Punic Archer turned into Libyan, as Punic people should look semitic. Carthage did employ Libyans in their armies./nA better texture for Punic Spearman (also removed civcolor, as the unit is for Carthage only).
- Removed civcolor from citizen hoplite (obviously Greek-only; the color didn't blend in too well).
- commented pandemic log messages/n
- National Value changes:
- Equality gains additionally +15% GPp (as those from lower classes find it easier to distinguish themselves)
- Wealth gets double bonus for total +10% gold (was too low)
- Lowered modern/industrial revolter strength to 12
- Changed number of national units
- Lowered cost for pandemic colony

Warlords Total Realism 2.1 Changes

-----------

I would like also to thank a lot more people. If I have forgotten to mention you in the credits below please forgive me (and send a PM)

Warlords: Total Realism Gold Team:

Houman “Houmie” – Team Leader
Peter “Mexico” – SDK Developer
Yann “Hian the Frog” – Designer, Developer
Andreas “Charly77” – 2D/3D Artist
Walter Hawkwood - Designer, Developer, Skinner
Anaztazioch - Beta Tester, Designer

Thanks and credit to all these modders:
TheLopez, asioasioasio, Rabbit White, Snafusmith, MaxRiga, The Conquests, Never mind, C.Roland, Ploeperpengel, Notarzt, Chalid, sharick, Chamaedrys, esnaz, ArdRaeiss
ComG, baal_isidro, seZereth, Hunter, LittleRedPoint, heroes182, Expositus, Von Zeppelin, Robo Magic Man, nautil, tlucky4life, RogerBacon, Mumin, krowtrobot, Zuul, Aranor, Hell's Angel, villo, Tremo, Snaitf, 12monkeys, Frontbrecher, Bhruic, SupremeOverlord, Cafegio, AlazkanAssassin, Stone-D, Thalassicus, Optimizer, Master Lexx, Mylon, Patricius, naf4ever, abbamouse, Sevo, Willowmound, TheFourGuardian, Arne and all others which can be forgotten

Version 2.1.1a
Download
During the installation please do NOT select & install the Mercenary Component, or you will keep loosing in the first round! The buggy mercenary mod component will be removed in next version.

Hi all,

It's released ! :woohoo:

Happy Christmas (or what you want if not a Christian or unbeliver) ! :D

I hope you will enjoy TR Gold. Play, test, enjoy,.....

Hian the Frog.

Here in New Jersey (USA), it's Christmas Eve 6:30pm. Just started downloading - wow 197MB!

You guys are the best. Total Realism Warlords is the only mod I will be playing for months!

Thanks for the wonderful Christmas Present!

Downloaded your "gold" version of the mod and can run it using the Shortcuts added to the desktop.

Just started a game - not played it yet.

However - I have now encountered a serious problem.

If I try to start a game with vanilla Warlords (but using Blakes AI) - It now crashes while it is loading the game. :eek:

I get a "program execution problem" and it asks if I want to create a dump file.

Before downloading the mod this did not occur.

Do you want me to email the dump file.

Oh and before I forget, Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it. :) :D

I can see i'm going to enjoy this - been looking forward to it. Congratulations on all your hard work.

I'm sadly unable to install the mod because the installation routine pretends not to find Warlords on my system.But it is there, including 2.08 patch.Would it be possible to load up a .rar version of the mod as well, where you can manually force a path where the data should be unpacked?

Merry Christmas, too.

so far so good also prolly the first game ever i didnt do the slave civ routine dont want my slaves becoming barbaric ..lolololol

Hi Guys,

I read all the first posts. I only want to know if everybody succed in installing the mod. Also, what are your first comments and feedbacks....

Hian the Frog.

looks like a very good mod... but... a bit too many promotions, some are a pointless as there are other promotions that do the same job.

still downloading. looks good on paper, ill comment back on what its like

Yes - the installation was seamless.

Everything seems to work well. I like having so many choices for promotions, and looks like tons of unique and flavor units. Fantastic job!

One observation: I have 2 warriors being hired as mercenaries for +10 gold/turn.

However, I noticed that my treasury is only increasing by +2 gold/turn.
Is this intentional to make mercenaries more balanced?

(Note that without the mercenaries I am at the break-even point - it's still very early in the game).

Yes - the installation was seamless.

Everything seems to work well. I like having so many choices for promotions, and looks like tons of unique and flavor units. Fantastic job!

One observation: I have 2 warriors being hired as mercenaries for +10 gold/turn.

However, I noticed that my treasury is only increasing by +2 gold/turn.
Is this intentional to make mercenaries more balanced?

(Note that without the mercenaries I am at the break-even point - it's still very early in the game).

Hi man,

With mercenaries, we still meet some problems to have a good balanced game. Furthemore, there was so many problems and complaints that we chose to let the player have the choice to use or not the mod component.

Hian the frog.

I've played a couple of game already, everything is working fine, great mod! Especially when you avoid to use civics as slavery and serfdom, no peasants revolt, no slaves revolt, no workers lost. Try to do something for this topic, no sense to use slavery and serfdom until you get so many revolts. Maybe revolts can occur only when slaves are more than n% than population or something like that. Other than this, it's great.

Top Bottom