[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

What's up with the demolition team, when I try to make land into water they do nothing, same for the work boats when trying to make water into land, again nothing... :confused:

Still this mod is pretty cool, I just wish it wasn't set on realistic time, the game play is hella slow.

I disagree, I like playing on the slowest game speed in unmodded civ, or in civs that allow it, so at times, this can be a bit fast for me :).

In general, I like the game speed though!

I'm pretty much in agreement on the game speed, I also like a chance to actually use the different units instead of racing past them, I can understand those that might want a bit quicker game though. One thing I have noticed in my game is that I'm getting messages about what all the other civs are doing, I figure this might have been on for some type of debugging, but I haven't been able to find where it is located. I haven't noticed anyone saying anything about this, so it could be some setting I have, but i sure would like to find it...lol. I'm really having fun with the mod though, and wanted to thank all everyone that has worked on this for a fun mod.

Well, I've only gotten to start two games. I'm using the 'Full of Resources' map script, so after hearing and seeing the barb activity, I decided to restart and give everyone an axeman and longbowman to help them hold their first city.

Seems quite good thus far. We'll have to see how things go as I progress.

To answer a couple of other questions here...

@ Darkgrammer - The demolition team won't terraform. They only raze your own cities as far as I know.

@ Harrier - I think this can even happen in the stock Warlords. If you've got a settler who's got a covered wagon & you don't have The Wheel yet, you've still got wheels. Thankfully. That wagon would be tough to pull as a sled!

@Mrdie - Yep, only one game speed, and you won't get to finish on your lunch hour. However, merging in other game speeds isn't hard in the XML files. Getting the balance just right might be though.

@Sarke - I noticed the game clock too. I'm wondering if it appears once Calendar has been discovered. Quite reasonable to not know what year it is, when you don't have calendars, right?

Also, on the horse thing. Yes, you can see them, but you can't domesticate them until you get animal husbandry. Which is pretty realistic. After all, long before horses were domesticated, people knew where the herds ranged, right? Same thing goes for cows, sheep and pigs. Our long ago ancestors knew where the animals were, but hadn't learned how to domesticate them. I certainly imagine they hunted them though!

Great work guys! I think that there's probably just a little bit of tweaking, adjusting and bug fixing to do once you all get a well deserved break!

hello and thank you for making your mod for us

There are so many peasant and slave revolts, it makes it interesting but also very hard and there is no reason to choose those slavery/serfdom civics cause when I do there is a revolt every other turn. :whipped: Even when I do not get these civics i end up surrounded by barbs anyway cause the other civs choose them.

But there are also many things I like about the game. I like the new religion and wonders and units. The game is good, but if only the revolts could be cut down on it would be better. once again thank you

Darkgrammer:
Regarding a couple posts back on the question of Demolition teams:

Assuming that this new version works the same as previous versions, I believe that you can convert land to water by forcing your city to work the particular square that your Demolition Team has terraformed. Also realize that your Demolition Team does not get consumed - they can go on to terraform other squares.

Note: It takes a LONG time of working a terraformed tile for it to actually change its terrain type. (I think something like 24 turns).

The same situation occurs with converting water to land, except I think you need a Work Boat unit, and last time I checked it does get consumed.

I hope this helps!

Just like to thankt he modders for this excellent peace of work and give a few comments about what I have experienced so far.

Let me just say the timeline is excellent, you actually get a feel for each era. I started my game, day of release and have only reached printing press so far. Playing a couple hours a day. I played TR world map gold, custom settings with no timeline, no space race victory, no tech trading, and perm. alliances. All other victory conditions enabled. Choose china as civ, and basically rushed production techs/military, no religious techs. Mongols declare war a couple dozen turns in, quickly defeat them and take two northern cities. All goes good. Take few barb cities here and there, all of southern islands, and discover feudalism by means of the Oracle and then on to currency. Thinking..ok game is mine.. no .. Ceasar of all people decide to build a HUGE military and capitulates 6 yes.. 6 civs in maybe 15 turns.. all of Europe and mid-east.. so I'm like damn.. but I have advantage with Feudalism longbows... but I dont care.. hes not really near me and I have massive land now.. SO then he declares was on India.. I started a proxy war giving, India tropps, knights and longbows... then India asks for my help and I had to say yes... so now 7 civs attack me. I hold off then another capitulates to Ceasar and declares war. After about 50 - 100 turns I now have 9 civs against me. India is holding up, and my country is surrounded with forts and stacks of troops...What to do..

BTW I have save of this if anyone would like a challange...

Any how love all the enhancements , no bugs experienced yet, would like to see Dales Combat Mod included. World map is nice, did not open in world builder so I havnt seen the americas completely, but western contents look real good. The civics are the best I have seen but the revolts occur too frequently .. should be maybe once every 5 turns or so...and I noticed the revolts get best unit and a couple med. units... that have promotions and are strong.. the revolters should be weak ... peasents with pitchforks... maybe cut strenghth in have and give no experience to units that kill them...
:lol:

Just like to thankt he modders for this excellent peace of work and give a few comments about what I have experienced so far.

Let me just say the timeline is excellent, you actually get a feel for each era. I started my game, day of release and have only reached printing press so far. Playing a couple hours a day. I played TR world map gold, custom settings with no timeline, no space race victory, no tech trading, and perm. alliances. All other victory conditions enabled. Choose china as civ, and basically rushed production techs/military, no religious techs. Mongols declare war a couple dozen turns in, quickly defeat them and take two northern cities. All goes good. Take few barb cities here and there, all of southern islands, and discover feudalism by means of the Oracle and then on to currency. Thinking..ok game is mine.. no .. Ceasar of all people decide to build a HUGE military and capitulates 6 yes.. 6 civs in maybe 15 turns.. all of Europe and mid-east.. so I'm like damn.. but I have advantage with Feudalism longbows... but I dont care.. hes not really near me and I have massive land now.. SO then he declares was on India.. I started a proxy war giving, India tropps, knights and longbows... then India asks for my help and I had to say yes... so now 7 civs attack me. I hold off then another capitulates to Ceasar and declares war. After about 50 - 100 turns I now have 9 civs against me. India is holding up, and my country is surrounded with forts and stacks of troops...What to do..

BTW I have save of this if anyone would like a challange...

Any how love all the enhancements , no bugs experienced yet, would like to see Dales Combat Mod included. World map is nice, did not open in world builder so I havnt seen the americas completely, but western contents look real good. The civics are the best I have seen but the revolts occur too frequently .. should be maybe once every 5 turns or so...and I noticed the revolts get best unit and a couple med. units... that have promotions and are strong.. the revolters should be weak ... peasents with pitchforks... maybe cut strenghth in have and give no experience to units that kill them...
:lol:

Hi Man,

What to do ?...... a prayer ! ;) Nine civs against you....You seems to be a good diplomat ! ;) :lol:
WHat is your game level ? Usually on Prince level (the level i test the mod), three civs or more at war against you mean (sometimes) a quick death... ;)
About revolts of slaves and peasants, the base value is low. We have already cut it in two if compared to the previous version. So, i think we would not change it. Note this: the number of units of the revolt is linked to the size of your city. The bigger your city is, greater the number of units is. The type is linked to your tech: usually the best units... I know it's hard but that's life. ;)
To finish, China, as India, have probably the best starting position on TR world map: numerous and various ressources, good defensive position (many mountains that forbid invasions), an open sea to civs empty lands (Indonesia and Australia). IMO, the best to do with these civs is to build a strong defensive army with a few counter strike units (in case of...) and then focus on wonders and colonial conquest in the previously named lands. That's just my opinion and the way i won my last game (cultural victory, Prince level, Raging barb) with India. :D

Hian the Frog

DLed and waiting to play, except I left my Warlords CD in NYC when I went home for the holidays. Cravings are overwhelming and I need to play this mod.

Anyone play TR gold (or anymod) w/ a DL version of warlords (i.e. off direct2drive or another site)?

Like Stacman's suggestions for Islam.

Thanks guys.

Hi guys,
First Happy Holidays of your choice and thanks for the great mod. This is my first Warlords mod, and it is fantastic, great job.

Now the question, about 480 turns into the game, I started to have problems with it slowing down(huge panagea map, custom game with 4 other civs, me being Roosevelt). Shortly there after, I get a bad memory allocation popup in the game and it shuts down. If I restart at a previous save point, it plays well again, but I will get the error again at a different point in the game. I stop all my caravels from exploring, and that seemed to speed the game a little, but then the popup comes back at a different point each time. Has happened about three times so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Update, just got a new one, just after I got the railroad tech, I received a Microsoft error message.

Update 2....hopefully I found the problem, turned down the graphics from High to medium, and turned the AA from 2 to 0. Played about 100 turns with little reduction in speed and no crashes.

Update 3... When I clicked on the military advisor, the game locked up.

I got to the modern era!
Guys, what you did with choppers is great! I made a masive invasion on the other continent just using gunships, transport helicopters with some artillery, tanks and lot of Marines! Some fleet also to protect them.
Coastal cities was mine with the first masive combined strike. Inland terrains were very quicly demolished by hordes of gunships pillaging... pillaging... pillaging!
In few turns oponent civs have no resources, no infracturure - just to jump from city to city and unload Marines taking them one by one. Great experience!

The download link does not work. I have tried it twice now and it downloads at 6 KB per second. At that rate, it will take 8 hours to download.

Well, just to update you on the game if your curious, I finally go knights and was able to completely destroy all their stacks, prob couple hundred guys but all low level compared to mine. Plus I had so many great generals and I stacked them all in one city I was producing super knights every couple turns. Anyway.. India somehow made peace with Rome without being capitulated (amazing) and then I tried to make amens with Ceasar.. but he says no.. I then discover he has a 2 cities on Madagascar, so I take them burn 1 and the larger 1 is given back to him to end the war. I then send 20 privateers at him right to rome and try to burn 3 surrounding cities.. which i easily take, but then they dont burn right away 13 turns ... i die.. lose all my men ... 2 hrs and 50 turns of strategy taking aztec panama canal city... and nothing happens.. he lost i think 3 civs and now has Bismark and Catherine as Vassels... job completed .... now need to make peace .

BTW : forgot to mention; as China I captured Seoul in first 50 turns. The AI sent their warriors to take barbs or somethin and only had 1 warrior and 1 archer defending it I took it with 3 axes +- 1 or 2

I got to the modern era!
Guys, what you did with choppers is great! I made a masive invasion on the other continent just using gunships, transport helicopters with some artillery, tanks and lot of Marines! Some fleet also to protect them.
Coastal cities was mine with the first masive combined strike. Inland terrains were very quicly demolished by hordes of gunships pillaging... pillaging... pillaging!
In few turns oponent civs have no resources, no infracturure - just to jump from city to city and unload Marines taking them one by one. Great experience!

IMO, you are either playing at a level that is to easy for you, so go up a level or two.

Or and I hope this is not the case - the mod is unbalanced in favor of the human player. Overseas invasion should not be as easy as you are suggesting.

I normally start a new mod at lower levels just so I can see all the new units and other things that were added. Once I see all the new eye candy, I ratchet it up a bit.

Hello Guys,

Funny to read your posts. You seems to have good time.
Now, try to play at Prince level or more. You will see that the AI can give a strong answer to your conquest wishes. Some (like the Greek or the Mongols) can be very boring.

Note that during the next weeks (after some holidays) we will add some new units. Just to give more taste and flavor. I had already add them on our server and i'm testing them. Fun and realistic.

Hian the Frog.

Hello Guys,

Funny to read your posts. You seems to have good time.
Now, try to play at Prince level or more. You will see that the AI can give a strong answer to your conquest wishes. Some (like the Greek or the Mongols) can be very boring.

Note that during the next weeks (after some holidays) we will add some new units. Just to give more taste and flavor. I had already add them on our server and i'm testing them. Fun and realistic.

Hian the Frog.

lol... I've been playing at highest difficulty and am usually 1000 points + ahead of most civs by mid-late game. Its still fun though :)

Use the World Builder much ;)?

lol... The trick is build the great wall...its bugged... if you have it barbarians wont enter ANY of your territory...even outside the wall.... once you have that you can focus all your troops (minus 1 archer type per city ust in case) on taking out nearby civs... the barbarians will put all their efforts on them instead of you so taking out the AI will be easy.... I usually have my entire continent under my control shortly after discovering the compass....and with so many cities its easy to ramp up research to make up for the cost of the cities later. The best civ for this technique btw is Germany under Bismark.

-S

:king:

Top Bottom