[BtS] Rise of Mankind

@Zappara

Yes ranged bombardment is available in Vanilla. It is for air units. You can of course play around with the values for any unit so you give it an air range and air combat strength and air limit. What I like about Dale's code is that you don't need to play with any values. You have a single new tag to add for any unit that should have this ability. Also it is not difficult to merge it in any mod as it doesn't touch many files. In the case of Rise of Mankind I only needed to change the units info file to add the tag to the units that will use this ability. Rest of files added don't overwrite any of yours.
Indeed, it is real easy. I'm currently play testing my own modifed version which incorperates ranged attack for all ranged units. Depending on the real attack range, their maximum range and killing effect, damage is limited. I also had to further reduce collateral damage, otherwise artiley units would become too damaging. For balance, I added +2 to all meglee units (including animals) otherwise they would be nothing but cannon fodder :lol:

Greetings,

first let me congratulate to an excellent MOD. And secon let me ask a question about the sulphur. I played two games, one with 0.8 and now the second one with 0.9.2 versions and in both I have never been able to discover the sulphur. I can not even see it anywhere on the map. Is this a bug? Or would it be possible to make sulphur always appera for me? It is one of the most important resources. Without it I can say good bye to musketters and lately to ammunition.

Oh and what is the best game speed? I played on quick last time and I was about 100 behind. Now I chose nroaml and I am about 400 years behind. It is the year 1924 and I have just discovered the gunpowder.

how can you be behind i am ahead with the germans I am Now a world Power and are conquering my neighboors and abroad I been watching Old Nazi films to be inspired Via You tube can Some one Please add Hitler Or himler to the Germans along with death camp i would like to commit Mas Murder.:crazyeye:

Damm it I keep getting crashes year 1445 crash 1665,crash,1780 i keep reloading with auto save and it keeps saying error C:\DOCUME~1\SUPERP~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\e8a2_appcompat.txt
Help!!!

"Added: Submerged Town Platform"

Nice. Is it possible to actually mod in underwater cities?

I think it would be great to have a second "land grab" stage in a late era of the game, or simply to be able to further spread your borders without having to go to war...

Also - whatever happened to the terraforming from an earlier version?

Kepp up the TOP class work Zap!

M

@Zappara

Yes ranged bombardment is available in Vanilla. It is for air units. You can of course play around with the values for any unit so you give it an air range and air combat strength and air limit. What I like about Dale's code is that you don't need to play with any values. You have a single new tag to add for any unit that should have this ability. Also it is not difficult to merge it in any mod as it doesn't touch many files. In the case of Rise of Mankind I only needed to change the units info file to add the tag to the units that will use this ability. Rest of files added don't overwrite any of yours.

Dude your mod is broken I keep getting erro_r xml and Unit formations

My game keeps crashing at 1780 i can Not get pass that year this freaking sucks!!
I will Now attempt to realod ten years behind and try to do things diffrent to see what happends.

Dude your mod is broken I keep getting erro_r xml and Unit formations
I can't find a problem with the patch. I reinstalled everything to make sure I am doing exactly what another user would do. I installed RoM 0.8 then the RoM 0.9.3 Patch I then installed my patch and renamed the GameFont.tga file. I started the game an I got no errors.

Now the only thing I can think of is that my installation instructions are not clear and the file structure can cause a problem. When you open the rar file with WinRar you will find a folder named RoMPatch0.2 go inside this folder and there you will find the Assets folder. This Assets folder should be placed inside Rise of Mankind. It will overwrite some of the files there. You then need to rename the GameFont.tga. That is all.

If it is inconvenient I can upload another rar that is extracted directly into Rise of Mankind. I put this top folder only to identify the patch otherwise a top folder named assets is not clear as it is found in any mod, and a top folder named Rise of Mankind can be mixed with Zappara's original Mod and patches.

I can't find a problem with the patch. I reinstalled everything to make sure I am doing exactly what another user would do. I installed RoM 0.8 then the RoM 0.9.3 Patch I then installed my patch and renamed the GameFont.tga file. I started the game an I got no errors.

Now the only thing I can think of is that my installation instructions are not clear and the file structure can cause a problem. When you open the rar file with WinRar you will find a folder named RoMPatch0.2 go inside this folder and there you will find the Assets folder. This Assets folder should be placed inside Rise of Mankind. It will overwrite some of the files there. You then need to rename the GameFont.tga. That is all.

If it is inconvenient I can upload another rar that is extracted directly into Rise of Mankind. I put this top folder only to identify the patch otherwise a top folder named assets is not clear as it is found in any mod, and a top folder named Rise of Mankind can be mixed with Zappara's original Mod and patches.

Yes Please upload it that would be so much better i followed your instructions to the "T" and still did Not work
I will be so happy if i can give your add Ons a try.
thanks you :D Kalimakhus:goodjob: for your help
It is Nice to meet so many nice people here in this forum
and all these other Civ4 fanatics.
My wife keeps asking me what do i see in this game She wants to play CIV4 but i do NOT let her cause then she is going to want to use my Rig all the time to play this high end PC is My Baby:lol:

@xbeanerx

Okay, I uploaded it again. Just extract inside Rise of Mankind folder and click yeas to all when asked if you will overwrite files. If no such message comes out it means that you are putting it somewhere else.

Please tell me if it works for you. I hope you enjoy it. :)

@xbeanerx

Okay, I uploaded it again. Just extract inside Rise of Mankind folder and click yeas to all when asked if you will overwrite files. If no such message comes out it means that you are putting it somewhere else.

Please tell me if it works for you. I hope you enjoy it. :)
One Request Please I will Be for ever gratefull Please can you install Emperor yamamoto for Japan and hitler leader with the waffen SS soldiers and the Nazi Infantry ...Please .....Please?

Yes it works it........... WORKS!!!!! Oh hell Yeah No Sleep or Work for me for another Week!!.....Via Civ4
I calling work that im going to be out for a week cause im sick i will use some of my Paid days of work so i get paid while i play how great is that!!
I was diagnose with a serious case of CIV4nitices
Cant Sleep must Keep playing One more turn!
Kalimakhus Please help me out and upload hitler along with Nazi Infantry Please?

I suck at MODING but i am Good at Ordering Pizza along with a 24Pak of cocacola and I also send my wife out for starbucks coffee.i would say my wife is really Supportive when im trying to conquer the world as germans Or when i play as the Americans I declare war for Oil.
I was going to take my wife to see that New Remake of Halloween Movie but i got Stuck with One More Turn.

I have 3 x74GB Raptors in Raid0 and a 1Terbyte for back up im thinking of buying 1 more 74Gb raptor for a total of 4 in RAID0 Stripped 124k would this speed up my Civ4 game?
Any Suggestions i have one 8800GTX along with 1000watts thermaltake Power supply Should i buy another 8800GTX would this help my civ4 game effot?

I have 3 x74GB Raptors in Raid0 and a 1Terbyte for back up im thinking of buying 1 more 74Gb raptor for a total of 4 in RAID0 Stripped 124k would this speed up my Civ4 game?
Any Suggestions i have one 8800GTX along with 1000watts thermaltake Power supply Should i buy another 8800GTX would this help my civ4 game effot?

What the hell is a Raptor? how expansive is that?

anyways I have no problem with this game but one thing, and that is lag... I got severe lag when I got in the middle of Renaissance, and I also pointed out the issue of unorganized units in the city menu. Can you please fixed these problems, I don't want to reach lag until industrial or modern.

Raptor is a 1000RPM hard drive ffrom Western Digital they are NOT expensive they only cost about 159.00+tax go to new egg.com thats were i buy all my PC hard ware

Kalimakhus one last Request Please upload Nazi leader Hitler along with the nazi Infrantry and a flag Mod for rise of man i would like to see the actual american flag or British flags.

I don't buy the parts but my father does. He go to bestbuy, Circuit City, or anywhere else that sells video cards.

To me, I search for my things at www.pricewatch.com, It got the lowest prices for each and every part. It cost 148.96 to purchase a ATI Radeon X1950 PRO or somewhere around that.

I don't buy the parts but my father does. He go to bestbuy, Circuit City, or anywhere else that sells video cards.

To me, I search for my things at www.pricewatch.com, It got the lowest prices for each and every part. It cost 148.96 to purchase a ATI Radeon X1950 PRO or somewhere around that.

Hey how much for a 8800GTX i paid 700.00 last year the first day they were out.

it's around 500.00, all thanks to the search function.

I wonder what's the best video card out there that is a PCI Express Slot, a ATI card only, I don't like geforce.

Top Bottom