[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

Wow, really good screen shots. Almost feels like a Chinese version of Europa Universalis.:goodjob:

Is it possible to include the Chinese characters in the English version?

THX for you nice Mod and you hard work :)

I find a par problem with links in Civilopedia:
- CHENG DU : links to The Dujiang Dam and Temple of Cho-KO-Liang dont work. Idont know what Great Wonders i need to build for CHENG DU.
Edit: one i find Dujiangyang Irigation System + need 1 Silk
-LUO YANG : link to The TianLu Academy. Not a problem, i find that ist the Great Wonders The TianLU Library.
-XU CHANG : links to Chancellor Building dont work. Ist the Imperial Court?
-YE : Link Tongque Pavillion dont work. I know ist Tongque Platform.

Again thx a lot. Have a nice day

There is some discrepancies in the text because the names of some building have been changed before publish. Thank you for your notice:goodjob:

The requirement should be:
- CHENG DU: Dujiangyang Irigation System or Temple of the Marquis of Wu

-LUO YANG : you are right.

-XU CHANG : Chancellor Mansion or Royal Hunting Field

-YE : Tongque Platform

Hope it helps:)

I love this mod. So far I'm Cao Cao (monarch), and if I remember my reading of the novel right, I captured the emperor, built the Imperial Court, eliminated Lu Bu, warred on Yuan Shu and made a surprise attack on Liu Chong (city of Chen). I'm friends with Liu Biao.

The only historical problem I see is that Liu Bei will never get to the southwest since he's entrenched on the east coast, unlike in the novel, because he's my next target.:mwaha:

Update on my current game:
I'm done with the tech tree in 206, rest of the time it's all 100% culture and I'm still running 400 g positive. I've vassalized half northern world (bombarded Chang'an to 150% with lots of trebuchets when he was finally willing to vassalize after capturing 2 of his cities. Now I'm against Yuan Shao who I've let fester in my north for too long.
Sun Quan (actually Sun Ce in the start) is tough to get to because of lack of boats, but that can be remedied soon...

Some observations on gameplay:
1. The Pi Li machine is way too cheap--most cities can produce it in 1 move and it's the bombardment machine of choice.
2. Swordsmen promoted with 3 city attacks and 10% strength are almost invincible
3. Same thing for catapults (the 15 strength type)
4. End game tends to be too monotonous (bombard, catapult, swordsmen/knights). Maybe lower the domination limit to 45%?
5. If and when Liu Bei dies, maybe he can take over Liu Biu's kingdom?
6. Too many financial buildings in general and observatories are useless (I never built any).

The only historical problem I see is that Liu Bei will never get to the southwest since he's entrenched on the east coast, unlike in the novel, because he's my next target.:mwaha:

Well, it takes a while, but it can be done. I'm playing Liu Bei and like you vassalized/capitulated the North. I had one outpost city south of Sun Ce, then built a fleet to across the river to assault Sun Ce. The AI was stupid and took a large stack south to the 1 city of mine he could reach. This left his capital and other strong cities open. Now its just a slog to get some ivory and war elephants.

I'm avoiding catapults as Spies are much faster to lower the walls by revolts.

Amazing! Looks wonderful, I'll try it. :)

Edit: It says the archive is in an unknown format or damaged. Help?

Well, it is very slow, but possible with capitulation. I got everybody including by force Yuan Shao, Liu Biu and Liu Zhang (the guy in Chengdu) to capitulate, and was 50.5% when I won a diplomatic victory. (My next and last target was going to be Sun Ce anyway)

Spoiler :

Well, it is very slow, but possible with capitulation. I got everybody including by force Yuan Shao, Liu Biu and Liu Zhang (the guy in Chengdu) to capitulate, and was 50.5% when I won a diplomatic victory. (My next and last target was going to be Sun Ce anyway)

Oh, congratulations on your great work:king: especially when considering the slow speed at late stage....

Perhaps you would try the 81_81 map then?

Amazing! Looks wonderful, I'll try it. :)

Edit: It says the archive is in an unknown format or damaged. Help?

I'm not sure why the file cannot run on your computer. Maybe you could try to download it again to see if it's Ok then? Also, the file is in a zip format so you need software to unzip it.

I think I got it to work, I downloaded it on another computer, and set up a sharing network so I can copy it over.

OK, I'm trying as Yuan Shao who's up in the north. Not so great lands, Ye can't really grow very big (population 20 is probably impossible) and I got beaten to the Platform by Cao Cao. I've eliminated the Zhang bandit brothers, got Ma Teng and his sworn brother Han Sui voluntarily vassalized and their southern neighbor too. The guy up north I'm at war with at the beginning I also vassalized by force. I seem to be the only one pursuing my historical imperative of warring against Dong Zhuo with my vassals. Everybody else including Cao Cao who borders him is letting me do the hard work. Oh well.
Interestingly, Cao Cao as AI seems to be more wondermonger than warmonger--he's even left the little Chen state alive.

Some suggestions:
1. It's rather irksome for the history buff (well, if not history, at least fans of the novel) not to see some personal connections made in the mod. For example, Liu Bei was at one time a guest of Yuan Shao, but in the game he's furious at me because of religion and civics. Also, Dong Zhuo is only fighting most of the time with the western warlords, whereas at one time there was a coalition against him with Cao Cao, Yuan Shao and Liu Bei, even though it fell through in the end. When Liu Biao switches religion, Liu Bei is furious at him even though the former is his benefactor in history.
Can we put in some hidden relation modifiers?

2. I'm so used to playing Rhye's and Fall of Civilization that it's a little unusual to have states not collapse after several cities are captured. The main event of the Battle of Guandu was the loss of the supplies at Wuchao, and most of Yuan Shao's army basically surrendered after the loss of morale. Something like stability and civil war from RFC would be welcome and presumably make the game much more enjoyable (right now conquest takes too long).

3. There should be a call that can be made by Liu Bei (or whoever has built the shrine for reunification) to rescue the emperor from whoever's holding him hostage and doesn't believe in reunification. This can be a vote that is independent of the Palace.

Some suggestions:
1. It's rather irksome for the history buff (well, if not history, at least fans of the novel) not to see some personal connections made in the mod. For example, Liu Bei was at one time a guest of Yuan Shao, but in the game he's furious at me because of religion and civics. Also, Dong Zhuo is only fighting most of the time with the western warlords, whereas at one time there was a coalition against him with Cao Cao, Yuan Shao and Liu Bei, even though it fell through in the end. When Liu Biao switches religion, Liu Bei is furious at him even though the former is his benefactor in history.
Can we put in some hidden relation modifiers?

2. I'm so used to playing Rhye's and Fall of Civilization that it's a little unusual to have states not collapse after several cities are captured. The main event of the Battle of Guandu was the loss of the supplies at Wuchao, and most of Yuan Shao's army basically surrendered after the loss of morale. Something like stability and civil war from RFC would be welcome and presumably make the game much more enjoyable (right now conquest takes too long).

3. There should be a call that can be made by Liu Bei (or whoever has built the shrine for reunification) to rescue the emperor from whoever's holding him hostage and doesn't believe in reunification. This can be a vote that is independent of the Palace.

1. There is one hidden attitude modifiers which reflects the historical relationship between two particular leaders. These modifiers can be found in this xml file: Sanguo Mod\Assets\XML\Sanguo\Civ4LeaderRelations.xml. We have defined quite a few relationship modifiers in that file. But it seems we should defines some more.

2. The economical and political dynamics and stability are stuff that we plan to do. Now we are working on heroes. We believe it would be better if heroes are introduced first before the stability thing is added. Because heroes will be a big part in this dynamic.

3. These historical and would-be events are good. We'll see if we could include some in the next version.

OK, I've just realized that whoever is playing any character other than Cao Cao needs to take him out soon. His unique power is just way too strong, and after he gets levees it's impossible to kill him because his production is too vast. E.g. Yuan Shao needs to make peace with Gongsun Zan and send his army down south ASAP. Forget about Dong Zhuo and the bandits--they can be taken care of later. I'm just going to try a cultural victory now, since Cao Cao as AI doesn't really war that much (he only has my half-cousin Yuan Shu as a vassal) and I'm friendly with him.

A belated Yuan Shao cultural victory. Ye is such a trashy city, even Yen Men beat it for 50000 culture. All cultural cities should be on the coast. BTW, the battle of Guandu was won by culture.
Spoiler :

At the end I had nothing to do so I built up Inner Mongolia to boost my land area to 33%.
Spoiler :

How do I play the Three Kingdoms scenario (With the China map...)

I've extracted the mod, loaded it, but I can't figure out how to play on the China map with it.

How?

One way is to load Sanguo Mod, and then choose Single Player -- Custom Scenario. You will see two maps in the very top of the map list.
Another way is directly double clicking the maps. They are in the Sanguo Mod/Public Map folder.

My lowest score so far. Just played nice and rolled over when Cao Cao or Sun Ce asked for anything and let them war on each other (this current war is the 2nd one). Legendary cities were Xiang Yang (capital), Jiang Ling and Wu Ling. All that needs to be defended is the jungle pass in the south and the mountain pass between Chang Sha and Yue Yang.
Spoiler :

As I suspected from the novel, Liu Bei is a traitorous SOB who declared war on me while friendly and wants my Jing Province.:mad: He was driven back to the east after his stack was eliminated and vassalized to Cao Cao then Yuan Shao.:lol:

Spoiler :

This mod must be mine.

I have been in love with ROTK for many many years now and consider myself pretty well versed in the events of it all. The lack of english releases for the latest ROTK games annoyed me no end and this looks like it will be a more than adaquate replacement!

Reading the replies it seems like I am the only person having trouble running the mod. When I fire up a new game, select the mod and the game tries to restart, it simply crashes and closes itself down. Has anyone else experienced, or even better, overcome a similar problem?

This mod must be mine.

I have been in love with ROTK for many many years now and consider myself pretty well versed in the events of it all. The lack of english releases for the latest ROTK games annoyed me no end and this looks like it will be a more than adaquate replacement!

Reading the replies it seems like I am the only person having trouble running the mod. When I fire up a new game, select the mod and the game tries to restart, it simply crashes and closes itself down. Has anyone else experienced, or even better, overcome a similar problem?

I think one possible reason is that the version of you core game is not 3.17. This mod needs the support 3.17 version to run.
If you version is already 3.17, you could try to double click the map file in PublicMap folder to go directly into the game.

Top Bottom