Community Civ V [CCV]

Houston, we have a problem.
It seems that in 4.35 animals tend to roam in your cultural borders and attack your workers. Bad bear.

hey Thomas SG,

first i wanna say im deeply impressed with your work, im even considering on changing my mods basis from revdcm (on my sotm2 mod) at some stage.

your doing superb job.

second,
i read that you made it so that animals are now able to enter cultural borders, this feature is very important for my mod, any chance you can direct me to where can i get it?

thanks in advance,
kel.

Max here.
Found a new issue.
Sulfer (and other mod exclusive resources) don't show up in maps at all. I was playing Terran standard map, and I had to WB Sulfer in. By the time I finally decided to, I won a Religious Victory :cheers:!

Update: Dug into the mod's BonusInfo file and I found this:

... <iPlayer>100</iPlayer>
<iTilesPer>0</iTilesPer>

There should be a high integer in these tags. For Oil, it's 512. Sulfur is not a worked resources, so Sulfur should have a iTilesPer # here.

Perfect World is a flawed map; dosen't give out the earthly feel as Terra or Pangea does. Plus Perfect World wraps around poorly and dosen't center the landmasses well. Too bad; looks like I won't be getting gunpowder.

Maybe I'll upload it tonight. Here is the current log:

Changelog 4.30 -> 4.36:

Art:
- new greek art set (42 new custom arts)
- new ironclad art and button

AI:
- improved AI handling of upgrading or killing outdated units
- improved AI code for AI_isFinancialTrouble()
- improved AI code for building routes and deleting units if in financial trouble
- improved AI code for improvement construction (better handling of tree nursery and settlements; reduces too fast and unneccessary substitution of existing improvements)

Gameplay:
- spies jump now into the next team city instead of the capital
- allow early units like axeman and swordsman also to be build with iron or copper
- gave mounted units equal bonus requirements to melee units
- stable produces now riding horses from horses and is not just transforming them
- migrants will only move to cities their current city is connected to
- new experience limits (level^2 + 2*level)
- reduced impact of religions on diplomacy relations
- mechanized infantry requires now ammunition (bugfix)
- new terrain: marsh
- workers can terraform marsh to grass after the discover of machinery
- terrain attack and defend mali (-25%/-50%) for heavy units like siege units, mounted units or armored units on marsh
- amphibious promotion gives +25% attack and defense bonus for marsh; protection against marsh terrain damage
- machinery requires now horseback riding
- construction requires now metal casting
- can found no cities in tundra
- can build no improvements on marsh
- bonus of attack submarines against submarines reduced from 50% to 25%
- attack and missile submarine got a 50% malus for coast
- reduced moves of stealth submarine from 8 to 7
- much higher advanced unit support costs
- if playing with mastery victory space ship can only be launched at 100% successrate

Others:
- repaired several bugs in the new bonus system
- removed some unneccessary yield/plot/art updates called from Python to reduce the turn time
- reduced accuracy of the Advanced Invisibility System from 1% to 5% for higher game speed (no gameplay influence with the current unit settings)
- disabled lots of unused python functions and moved some calculations from Python to SDK
- repaired event CLASSIC_LITERATURE again
- update to RevDCM 2.83/672
- fixed some minor problems in events
- fixed bug in migration target calculation
- minor speed improvements
- fixed bug in defender withdraw plot calculation and another one in the after combat routine (caused the CTDs)
- solved bug in Advanced Cargo AI that made the AI not settling over sea
- fixed bug that didn't allow Apo and UN under Mastery Victory

known problems:
- still a rare random CTD (reason absolutly unknown); seems to be a result of a non valid random number; maybe random division by zero
=> please play with new random seed

You forget that there is RevDCM 2.9 now, not 2.83.

You forget that there is RevDCM 2.9 now, not 2.83.

No. Build 672 was still version 2.83. But I've updated now to 2.9/687 and this was a very good thing because I found a bug in my code that could cause CTDs while updating RevDCM. And it was a rare random division by zero. So this may have been the bug I was searching for. I've done three test games and all without CTDs. Going to upload 4.36 now. :)

hey Thomas SG,

first i wanna say im deeply impressed with your work, im even considering on changing my mods basis from revdcm (on my sotm2 mod) at some stage.

your doing superb job.

second,
i read that you made it so that animals are now able to enter cultural borders, this feature is very important for my mod, any chance you can direct me to where can i get it?

thanks in advance,
kel.

hey thomas, congraz on the new version.
great work.

you did not answer my post i quoted, im eager to know the answer, hope you can tell me.

Hi Thomas, had to check my version of CCV B4 I mentioned this, It is vers 4.35. I noticed when
you start a game in either Play Scenario, or Custom Scenario, specifically the "Rhys Earth 50 Civs-Egypt, Sumeria, India, China" that Sumeria doesn't show up as a choice when picking the civilization you want to play, only China, Egypt, and India.
I assume the problem is in Rhys's Mod. I also noted that when new Civs arise later in the game, it doesn't give you the option to take control of that Civ, as in earlier versions. I was just wondering if anyone has contacted him about this?

hey thomas, congraz on the new version.
great work.

you did not answer my post i quoted, im eager to know the answer, hope you can tell me.

Sorry. But I have to check the code again myself. It was just a little change. But I didn't label it. Maybe we will have to find all code parts by try and error. Let's start with CvUnit.cpp. Have a look at bool CvUnit::canMoveInto(const CvPlot* pPlot, bool bAttack, bool bDeclareWar, bool bIgnoreLoad) const.

There is a part that looks like this.

PHP:
	if (isAnimal())
	{
		if (pPlot->isOwned())
		{
			return false;
		}

if (!bAttack)
		{
			if (pPlot->getBonusType() != NO_BONUS)
			{
				return false;
			}

if (pPlot->getImprovementType() != NO_IMPROVEMENT)
			{
				return false;
			}

if (pPlot->getNumUnits() > 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}

In CCV it looks now like this:

PHP:
	// Thomas SG - Gameplay
	if (isAnimal())
	{
		if (pPlot->isCity() || pPlot->getImprovementType() != NO_IMPROVEMENT)
		{
			return false;
		}

if (!bAttack)
		{
			//if (pPlot->getBonusType() != NO_BONUS)
			//{
			//	return false;
			//}

if (pPlot->getImprovementType() != NO_IMPROVEMENT)
			{
				return false;
			}

if (pPlot->getNumUnits() > 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}

This is of course needed. But I think there was a second part. Please try it and tell me what is happening. That makes it easier for me to find the second part if there is one.

Top Bottom