Guess the New Civs

The same applies to Brazil. They're just a bit later to rise to global power. On a scale of 6000 years, that difference is small.

only the "differentiating itself" of what i said part applies to brazil. it doesn't have anywhere near the influence yet.

It didn't exist as a nation before.
there have been empires that covered the majority of modern india, though, like the mauryan and mughal empres

he means colonial era colonies.
but, as for ethiopia, that thing on wikipedia where it says zulu also says that ethiopia is getting a stele. as much as i don't like that they got one in civ 4 because of how many other civilizations had steles in history, that would kind of make up for the modern unit and leader, if they're getting it.
plus, ethiopia's ability represents most of its history, not just modern times.

The wikipedia thing is essentially people making stuff up. It's a combination of released info, rumors, and wishful thinking. Often when they don't know, they've resorted to what was in Civ4 (the Numidian Cavalry being a good example, which they replaced when info became known). I do hope it's the Stele because they have some cool ones and the Civ needs something probably culture-related (or better yet, make it a monument that gives both culture and faith).

oh, i know, that's why i said "if they're getting it." and i was thinking a culture-and-faith-giving monument, too.

Maybe the addition of Citrus and Coffee as new resources could be related to the addition of Brazil in the expansion.
Brazil is the largest producer of both resources in the world today.
When it is citrus it can be an southeast asian civ too,because the citrus production stared there.

I think it was just an idea to have more bonus resources. My only complaint is citrus and bananas are fairly similar. They're both food resources found in Jungle. I think Rubber as a production resource (not a strategic resource, I think the strategic resources are fairly well-balanced right now) would make more sense.

I wish they had more strategic resources, I think gunpowder and rubber should make a return.. but this is getting off topic.

So.. to annoy everbydoy..

I think it's Zulu.

But no... I don't know what the 9th civ is... I really want it to be some Native American from the North, like Inuit, who get bonus to live in Tundra/Snow.

My point is that if they are going to add a civilization I think they will always choose the proper heritage over a colony (so they will pick the natives who lived in Brazil over Brazil, that's my point) I think America is the only colony that has their represntation, don't think Canada, or Australia have ever been properly represnted.

Surely they would pick the natives who lived in Brazil over Brazil,but there is a critical problem here . Those natives have never founded any city,neither unit themselves to resist to Portuguese colonization(unlike North American tribes,who founded the civilization of Iroquois to resist the European Invasion) . In fact,they even helped the Portuguese to found cities there . So that is the main reason why I said that Brazil would indirectly represent the natives from Eastern South America .

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but no civ has a start bias for tundra some even avoiding it am I right? Should we then read into the belief "Dance of the Aurora-faith from tundra tiles" that maybe we are getting an Inuit civ like some have suggested, or at least a snow/tundra favoring civ??

There was a rumor about an Ice based civ earlier. No idea where it came from though, people mentioned it during the Pax Storm.

Inuit would definitely be a left field civ. But I suspect we will get a left-field civ that we haven't had before.

Yeah the tundra pantheon believe has led to the spectulation that the 9th civ will get advantage of a polar start bias. Could be Sweden or Inuit.

If its the case I hope its Inuit, just for the sake of originality, we have too many European civs already. Considering the Huns are in, it doesnt sound so far fetched now.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but no civ has a start bias for tundra some even avoiding it am I right? Should we then read into the belief "Dance of the Aurora-faith from tundra tiles" that maybe we are getting an Inuit civ like some have suggested, or at least a snow/tundra favoring civ??

Sweden seems more likely to fit this role (combined with other rumours and bits of information, at least), though I mean no offence to the idea of an Inuit civ. In any case, Russia could have a tundra bias, though I couldn't be sure.

I would rather have Sweden, just because then I could work on some Great Northern War scenarios. The Inuit would be an interesting DLC civ though.

Yeah...you are right, it would probably be Sweden, I hope to see more unlikely DLC like the Polynesians anyway.

What leader would Sweden have? Gustav Adolphus?

I guess Sweden could represent later Scandinavia, while Denmark is Viking Scandinavia

The fact that there is a tundra faith bonus makes me believe that there isn't a tundra related civ. If there was, the tundra faith bonus would be especially useful for the one civ and not that useful for other civilizations, making it somewhat unbalanced. And to justify such a significant bonus for a tundra civ, wouldn't the tundra based civ have to be extremely religious? I don't think either Sweden or the Inuit fit that profile.

The fact that there is a tundra faith bonus makes me believe that there isn't a tundra related civ. If there was, the tundra faith bonus would be especially useful for the one civ and not that useful for other civilizations, making it somewhat unbalanced. And to justify such a significant bonus for a tundra civ, wouldn't the tundra based civ have to be extremely religious? I don't think either Sweden or the Inuit fit that profile.

The Pantheon Belief is the Aurora. Would fit extremely well with the Inuit. Belief wise; I don't see the problem for this. Of course they didn't start major religions either but the Aurora was/is a huge impact in a lot of cultures.

Top Bottom