Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

Lurker's comment: All your three known opponents have gone for tradition, which points to emphasis on the capital.
Chances are they'll rather go for building wonders than rapid expansion, even Alexander. Cathy might get the Great Library rather soon, if she was already up Writing when you met her.
Elizabeth could easily go for some seafaring wonders, like the Great Lighthouse. Maybe you could decide to let her build some nice stuff for you before you go capturing London?

Why are you guys so afraid of food? I thought the Von Münchhausen crew was bad, but you are even worse! Please start growing again soon!

With so much known territory already a dotmap would make a discussion about city sites much easier.

The server has been so bad to me tonight, but I have the save.

I can't play now and we're not stressed by my rules to play right away, so give me some ideas where to go from now...and I might just use that tomorrow. :)

I just wish I could upload a darn dotmap. this is 4 hrs after I came home and I can't be bothered anymore today. But I DO have a dotmap.

Are we patient, team? I upload the dotmap tomorrow this time.

Finally a dotmap, kind of. :)

Originally I thought yellow was a good spot, but I didn't see the silver then, so red is better. It has 2 cows and a sheep, so that spot would be my first choice. It's on a hill and can get cotton and wheat in a few 1000 years.

Second is the lightblue north of the first spot, cotton in first ring, cows and gold in second. I would grab that too, just to deny anyone else having it.

Ok, so Pottery is one turn away, we are going for Writing next, I suppose? SLH has advocated for the NC since the beginning, and I agree. But we would need some kind of defense before we go NC-crazy, Lizzy can sometimes send a bunch of warriors and we would be sitting ducks. I would like a couple of units to defend at home, while the rest continue scouting.

Give me your thoughts and I play this tomorrow.

I feel like both red and blue are spots we eventually will want to settle. The question is witch one to do first. The reason i like blue is the luxes (money) witch we would need for our chivalry plan to function optimally.

If this was my own game, i would have taken blue. But i am so torn between the two that i will refrain from voting unless needed for a result.

Red, to deny Lizzy settling there.
Blue, to get us some goodies.

By all means, she's probably busy building the Great Lighthouse now and won't send a settler just yet, but I've been wrong before.

For the NC to work perfectly on this map, I think we need both sites and a few warriors to take barbcamps, so we can buy a couple of libraries. But of course, it will slow down things. Just a little bit.

I would settle blue, build a couple of warriors in capitol and check out Lizzy. Stealing a worker from her wouldn't hurt? That would send her settlers the other way. I think 2 city-NC is better than 3 cites, we can't afford to buy 2 libraries IF we don't hunt down barbs actively.

So, settle blue - build units in capitol, monument in blue.

I would settle blue mainly for the luxes. If we improve them soon enough, we could get money to buy things such as a library in a 3rd city or more units.

Both sites? I'm contradicting myself...Blue it will be and then onto NC, if that's ok?

Another vote for blue. My only concern is that spot isn't next to the mountain so we couldn't build the Observatory. One hex NE would allow us to build one. Not essential but a potential boost later on.

While we want to get Red before Lizzie, worst case, we just annex it later since we have already locked into attacking her. My only concern with it for now is it doesn't add any gold or luxuries which are what we need most right now. It will be both gold and happy negative until it has time to expand.

Another vote for blue. My only concern is that spot isn't next to the mountain so we couldn't build the Observatory. One hex NE would allow us to build one. Not essential but a potential boost later on.
Lurker's comment: You can hardly go wrong with a spot that has 3 luxes in its radius, can you?
Once you start successfully trampling your opponents with Mandekalu an observatory later on might become moot, but since you're not losing anything by settling against the mountain, why not?

Turn1: I have a scout with movement and a barbcamp close, I can win at 3/6, but I wander a little bit further so I won't get killed by any backup barbs. The area seems noninfested, so I might attack next turn.

Spear moves W, find a barb hanging around, but he can't attack.

Check city, change production focus to default, lock in another stone. We get the worker in 4 turns still, but we will grow a little. Pottery in next turn.

Our 4 AI's are all content and neutral, nothing for them to complain about...yet. Our policy is due in 4 turns, I better mover the scarcher back home.

Turn2: Pottery in -> Writing. Have to micro the Capitol again, it's useless keeping things as they are on default, so I'll check every turn.

Scouting around the barbcamp reveals no extra barbs, but I see CS-borders up north. I think I will kill off the camp anyways, we need the money. Spear walks W. Catherine would buy our OB for 5 g, hmm I'll wait.

Turn3: Kill barbcamp for 75g, a newly spawned barb is sitting the, but he won't move until next turn.

Turn4: We meet Tyre up north and Hanoi east, 30 coins for us. Capitol expanded border to fur last turn btw.

Turn5: We build worker -> archer. Worker to improve cows right away. Grab a settler with policy, he and scarcher are going to blue spot. I wouldn't mind settle next to the mountains, but in this case I will go for the original spot. Realize that the scout only have 5hp, but he can sneak around for a couple of more turns, we know very little about the northwest.

Turn6: We find Greece borders a fair bit east of England. All AI are still Neutral.

Turn7: We meet Rome, neutral too...whats' wrong with these AI? Rome is NW. We meet Genoa.

Turn8: Rome wants us to war against Russia, Nah, not right now.

We settle Tomboucto on the blue spot and we go from -1g to 3g, start monument there - 20 turns. I make a decision and buy a worker in Tomboucto, I have a plan.

Turn9: Spearman takes out a camp and gives us 75. Move scarcher to another camp. Do we really need to wait for CS to ask ofr help and stuff, sometimes it can take ages. But Askia can grab 75g from every camp.

Turn10: Writing in -> Calendar. We will need happy very soon and the bought worker can give us 3 luxes in the next 20 turns. We need trapping for the furs too, so that might be the next tech after the ones above?

I set Cap to Great Library in 21 turns, but that can be changed.

I bought the goldtile and a worker is on it to start improving it next turn. We might be unhappy for 1-2 turns, then everything will turn to the better. Calendar in 8 turns, let the Cap-worker improve the horses, sell them and before GL is finished (if we want that?) we can buy a library in Tomboucto.

I'm guessing we all had problems with the servers but now I can get in at least :)

I suppose the big question this round is: Do we get the Great Library? I'm going to say yes. If we get it by turn 50 we should be all right. Although we do face russia here. In my experiance Cathy is a major GL builder but i might be wrong.

It's a risk but i say we go for it :)

Well, why not? It will be a real boost :)

Roster:

JK -> next
Sparthage gone missing, but warming up?
SLH- might be warming up as well...?
jeffah
gozpel

Do we want to try for GL? Or do we have other needs?

Give your opinions now, before JK plays.

I like the GL, but do we have any techs to match it? Not at the moment, we need more tech to reach anything useful...So we need to make a commitment here, or go straight for NC, if we can afford it.

So... we're going for a Cavalry rush?

So... we're going for a Cavalry rush?

Please expand your ideas, by explaining how we can do this or that.

We are sitting on a GL build, with nothing spent into it, do we have a different way to do this or that.

Mandekalu-rush is fine..and prolly fun, but we do it as a team. So where do we go from here?

Do we skip the GL to build something else...or do we try for it. If so, what is the best path for whatever...see my point, JK?

Give us an idea to build on, I'm not quite sure here, so the more ppl say stuff the more we learn.

One-liners are not the way to approach any game except Chieftain. So pls explain a tactic or an opinion on how we continue.

I need to know. :)

I just DON'T know, I really improvise. :)
What I do is go for the resources first, then for the UUs. So... do we have masonry yet?

I was so sure I uploaded the save....

No masonry yet, I think calendar is better at this stage.

But pls have a diff opinion, and go from there. But we have to agree.

Attachments

• Goz1Askia_0030 BC-2800.Civ5Save
    582 KB · Views: 86
Well, I don't see the need for Calendar yet unless we are about to spawn a settler. And I think that's not happening. Thinking hard, going for the GL would only benefit us. We get it, we have a Library and free tech. We don't, we reuse the production in a library to go for the NC.

But on the technologic path, I'd really research Masonry. Those two Stones' extra production will make us able to shorten the length of the time needed to build anything. Of course we'll also have to work the cows for food, the question is what to do first.

WAIT. We already have a second city? I'm missing screenies of our cities :(
How can I properly develop a plan without being fully aware of all our resources (I'm not home, so I'll be downloading the save in 3 hours at least)?

When I have a look at it all, I'll tell you. :)

Top Bottom