Who else thinks BNW is surprisingly good?

Horizons

Needing fed again!
After getting used to the changes ... the designers have been quite ingenious devising these new gameplay mechanics and there are plenty of nice touches. :)

Makes me excited to think how the designers could implement other 'systems' like immigration, public health and so on and so forth.

yeah it is truly excellent. and it feels so...organic? doesnt feel like its had two expansions, nothing feels bolted on

Yeah, pal. It's JUST GREAT!! And yes, I love your suggestions of "new systems"... Damn, it would be a HUGE game....

I'm definitely enjoying BNW so far. But, I doubt that we'll get a third expansion, sadly. I'm hopeful that the developers will finally fix mods in multi player (and the art asset problems) so that the community can implement some of those new systems, though. Just look at how many great mods BtS had!

What I love about BNW is how all of the systems, including ones from vanilla and G&K, actually tie together. It's all interconnected.

Lets hope there will be another expansion then

I sure would love a third expansion that add corporations and.. other stuff who cares.

I think the only thing in civ 4 that I miss when playing civ 5 is my corporation spam to destroy the enemies ability produce.

Between the world congress and culture win not being totally lame I can't say I can find a complaint about civ this expan past little nit picks balancing and bugs.

Yes, I do really like it--finally cultural or diplomatic victories are interesting. Religion, trade and ideologies also all are well-developed to contribute nicely to the non-warmongering types of victories. Admittedly, BNW definitely seems more "peaceful" than G&K, but I suspect that the people complaining of that should be able to set up their games for more warfare (crowded maps, make sure some of the most militaristic civs are in the game, etc.).

After getting used to the changes ... the designers have been quite ingenious devising these new gameplay mechanics and there are plenty of nice touches. :)

Yes, CiV seems to be very ingenious in implementing patch by patch by expansion everything from Civ IV...

I think BNW is really really solid. There are definitely some inevitable patches on the way but other than that another outstanding job at implementing huge systems and diverse civs. (Maybe I've just been unlucky with my maps and playthroughs, but a more complete and competitive naval experience would be nice)

As for the 2nd expansion talk, I don't want one. I feel like they would be over-marinating it. It's not that I don't believe in their ability to create another great expansion, it's just that I think they've done great with what they were given from vanilla and it's time to start from scrap, take some time off, then get back to Civ 6 to create the greatest Civ installment in its history avoiding the fundamental mistakes from Civ 5 as they do it
(At the same time, I wouldn't be someone complaining if they created another expansion, I just wouldn't be campaigning for it)

Yes, CiV seems to be very ingenious in implementing patch by patch by expansion everything from Civ IV...
By the names of features, many may have been in CivIV - but most of them are completely different in gameplay form.

The third expansion is the finisher for this particular iteration of Sid Meier's Civilization, and it is a wonderful testament to the dedication and devotion of Sid and his team to the concept. I am enjoying it as I have seldom enjoyed any game. It makes me wonder what they can do to top it...

Yes, civ IV. Were every country was a name slapped on generic building block pieces and half the unique units didn't exist or weren't important (Oromo warrior [that's a group, not even specifically a warrior clan], Quechua [that's a language and a group of people, not a military unit], redcoats [ they weren't really better than their contemporaries], ballista elephant..., phalanx [formation, not a unit], Pretorian [those were a tiny tiny group of palace elites], dog warriors, I can keep going for 6 more units, and haven't even touched on the dubious buildings.

Makes me excited to think how the designers could implement other 'systems' like immigration, public health and so on and so forth.

the second the first 3000 years of the game isn't a hippy party, it will be good. Stop hugging each other.

YOU GOT SIEGE TOWERS, kill venice already jeez.

I admit that I'm more impressed with Brave New World that I expected to be. I was excited for it, but I thought it'd be a little disappointing like I found Gods & Kings, but it's surprised me by how much depth is added and how it's still pretty well balanced.

As for the 2nd expansion talk, I don't want one. I feel like they would be over-marinating it. It's not that I don't believe in their ability to create another great expansion, it's just that I think they've done great with what they were given from vanilla and it's time to start from scrap, take some time off, then get back to Civ 6 to create the greatest Civ installment in its history avoiding the fundamental mistakes from Civ 5 as they do it
(At the same time, I wouldn't be someone complaining if they created another expansion, I just wouldn't be campaigning for it)

I agree with this. I'm not sure if there is room for another full expansion without the game losing something in the process. More isn't always better. And I think the "over-marinating it" expression fits perfectly.

I do, however, believe there is room available for some DLC civs. I wouldn't have said so prior to playing BNW, but the new gameplay features definitely leave room for more unique civilizations that can take advantage of tourism and trade routes more. I don't think those features are fully explored with the current civilizations in the game. Choosing the proper civilizations that can take advantage of them seems more difficult however.

Love it. Improved on areas that needed improving without breaking any of the old systems. Surprising how few times companies are able to do this, so great work by the Civ team!

Top Bottom