AI ruined for ruins

Hyperion529

Prince
i never thought i would hop on the bandwagon and create a thread to complain about AI behavior, but what i just saw was just plain stupid. Pocatello just ignored an Ancient Ruin which was even on his desired path. as it is directly north of his capital and he walks around with quite a lot of pathfinders, i strongly suspect he even ignored it on more turns then just on the one i witnessed. or is this supposed to be some kind of built-in self-limit so the Shoshone don't become a runaway?:rolleyes:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This was just as bad as in G&K (and Vanilla); and quite a bit AI civ dependent (it seems some of the flavor combos cause the AI to explore more to stumble upon them while others don't.)

Actually never happened to me. AI always eager to hit ruins in my every single game. kinda hate them :D

The ai only goes for ruins that you can see but haven't gotten yet, just to piss you off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

EVERYBODY seems to be getting different experiences in their games.In my games, the AI RUNS to get the ruiins first. So, I believe this is NOT an AI problem. Maybe it did so just this game... Have you played more games and this happened again and again?

I have a strange suspicion about what the AI can "see". It feels like the AI cannot "see" their own territory. Their scouts are set to auto-explore, and when the stumble across a ruin they will grab it. But it feels like the AI does not realize that is has unexplored black spots in its own territory.

Eventually their scouts will run out of things to auto-explore, but in the early game it means they can miss ruins very close to themselves.

Haven't seen this. The AI has snatched ruins away from me on two occasions.

well it is an AI problem because there just simply is no good reason why he should not take that ruin. probably just a problem that doesnt occur very often, but there has to be something wrong with the code. it was the first time i ever experienced such a behavior, which is why i found it to be very odd. Pocatello actually "stole" some ruins from under my nose in this very game. it just seemed so strange that i thought i should mention it. plus, i really wanted to do the stupid pun in the headline :mischief:

Top Bottom