World Congress Question

dojoboy

Tsalagi
In the event of a tie, does the ruling default to the "ayes"? I ask because I had one tie that did, but I also was the WC host and voted for the resolution. So, I wonder if the ruling in a tie goes toward the opinion the host voted?

I posted this in the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread and got just one response, that I noticed, from BluegrassGeek.

I've yet to see a tie, but I'd assume the host's vote breaks all ties.

Any confirmation on this?

For host votes, I believe that, among the ties, the potential host with the lowest player number wins. So in SP the human wins ties.

Not sure about other ties.

for the WC host vote, ties go to whomever is the current host, if they are part of the tie.

IE, if you can't get more votes than them, they might as well stay in charge.

for resolutions, I think it's a different story. I think 'nay' has it for ties.

IE, if you can't get more votes than them, they might as well stay in charge.

I noticed that everyone always votes for themselves. So apart from gobbling up more votes than the current host, I simply voted for my best ally and made him host. He loved me forever after that - even picked my ideology :) ... Better have an ally in power than the incumbent who's trying to get you embargo'd :)

Im the WC Host, I had 4 votes on my side, Poland who was against me is meant to have 3 votes to its name but it came up 2 with the Zulu`s 1 vote which made it either I won by 1 vote or it was a tie in which case I still won but I lost??????? :(

Bug maybe?

Update: Just found Poland 3rd vote, he voted for me?

did it show the Zulu voting for Poland? That happens when they have decided not to care about it themselves and hate you (the current host) and/or love Poland.

Yes the Zulu`s voted for Poland which made it a tie but as I am host I thought it was a win for me, no?

According to the Civilopedia, a tie results in a failed resolution.

Update after going over it again I actually had won 4/3 but I didn't :confused:

did it show the Zulu voting for Poland? That happens when they have decided not to care about it themselves and hate you (the current host) and/or love Poland.

You mean the AI will sometimes vote for a host other than themselves? I have never seen that happen unless I bribe them heavily.

Top Bottom