how long does it take you to get to the top of the score list?

cakes

Prince
i've noticed that it usually takes me a while regardless of if i go tradition, liberty or honour. i wonder if it's the same for anyone else? if i'm at the bottom, it seems like i've already lost the game by the time i start moving up the scoreboard. this is playing on emperor.

I am never at the top of the score list, many times last out of surviving civs... immortal or diety

I always end up being Dan Quayle.

When I start going a conquering binge

When I start going a conquering binge

Ditto. Typically the big jump is around yr 1400. I'll usually target and spark a war with my neighborhood runaway a long time before then. It'll probably take a ton of turns just to get the first two cities but after that foothold is the big leap (and the big dive for the victim.)

(Sometimes my games are the story of a primitive jerk tearing down the civilization that has its act together.)

Early conquest has got me to the top more quickly one or two times, and early city-spread got me to the top once, only on Emperor though.

I never turtle up if I can help it. I hate finishing under 2600 points.

well i know my game needs improvement but i'm glad it's not just me that sticks to the bottom of the list from like turn 1

On the higher levels, you're going to start on the bottom anyway, as the bonuses the AI gets will ensure they are above you... the higher the level, the more this is so.

Anyway, it's more fun to come from behind to dominate!

Top Bottom