Making the King angry?

Does it have any negative consequences?

He will not sell you cheap troops anymore, but apart from that I haven't noticed any other negative effects. It doesn't change the rate of tax increases (that is trade related) and I don't think it makes any difference to the size of the REF (that depends on your production of liberty bells).

Some MODS may alter this though.

I'm not positive but I think it does effect how the king will help you in wars against other Europeans.

I'm not positive but I think it does effect how the king will help you in wars against other Europeans.

Speaking of which, other Europeans, my first game was too easy and the ending anti-climatic so I started another on a much harder difficulty level and more opponents. This means two English, two French, etc.

How does this effect the King and rebellion? If I declare as French with another French colony in the game, who will the King attack?

Never tried that. But I'm pretty sure he will only attack you...you are the only french colonials who are rebelling.

Well, the King is building a much larger force but this may simply be the harder difficulty level.

So angering the king doesn't make a difference then. What happens when you do so then? What is the point of paying to not anger the king if it doesnt make a difference..

I guess some people just like giving money away for no good reason :)

I never give in to the King's demands and if it makes any difference in gameplay I haven't noticed it.

Tax increases are another matter entirely though.

It doesn't change the frequency of tax increases, but I notice the King raises the taxes higher when he is mad versus the one or two percent when he is pleased.

I'm not sure this is so. I never cave in to the Kings demands for gold so he is always mad at me but I still seem to get a random value for the tax increase. Some games I do get hit with 4% and 5% a lot but in others it is much less. The latest tax increase in my current game was 1% although the King's attitude is 'Furious'.

The idea is to keep yourself as poor as you can, so the king demands less gold.
You can decline giving him gold, but if you want those cheap cannons and soldiers don't do that too much.

Top Bottom