TBNES - 2: Forging The Dawn

Great stuff, thomas! I'll probably try and catch you on #nes at some point to prod you about things.

nice update, man. i pretty much just read what affected me and the timeline so far, but it looks like this is going to be fun.

Thanks. I WOULD recommend that everyone read everything, as in some cases there are events with your people hidden in other player's sections.

Great update! Now on to doing even more horrible things with the Dunak.

Culture Name: The Volaeim
Race: Human (ish)

Habitat: The Volaeim live on the Eastern shore of the great lake Tarofehan (north west corner of the map, near brown and purple). This lake is a huge body of fresh water existing around 2,000 meters above sea level. It is surrounded by a humid sub-tropical zone perfect for the cultivation of rice, cacao and fruits, the lake's many islands have a breezy atmosphere and are cooler and often barren and rocky.

Many Volaeim tribes have have become largely waterborne, building their small towns and settlements along the many fast flowing tributaries which pour into their lake home. However, many more prefer the deeper parts of the rainforest and remain isolated and mysterious even to their Volaeim cousins.

Economy: Largely insular due to isolation. The Volaeim possess an agricultural economy based primarily on the cultivation of rice and sweet potato. Cacao beans are grown for drinking chocolate and also used as a currency. The Volaeim are a vegetarian people and hunting animals for food is considered taboo. However, fish is an acceptable food source and Trutcha (trout) is a vital source of protein.

Society/Governance: Volaeim territory is divided between several powerful tribes (and many minor ones). There is a strong societal awareness of a common cultural sphere and Volaeim recognise rival tribes being part of the same people. Unfortunately, Volaeim lands are often wracked with violence as the tribes regularly do battle for control over the small areas which are naturally clear of jungle and which can be easily cultivated for crops. These areas are important as the Volaeim lack the metal working abilities to clear land in any methodical manner. Most prized are Cacao plantations due to the use of their beans as currency for trade.

Military: the military is made up of warbands of 100-500 under the control of chieftain. The warriors typically carry spears and stone daggers. Many warriors are ''Saro'', these are shape shifters born through magical experimentation with the souls of animals. Many Saro take the forms of bipedal lizards with wide, gaping jaws and a thirst for blood. The Volaeim make fierce warriors, and are greatly experienced in warfare due to constant internal strife between tribes.

Cultural Influences: The Volaeim have little experience with outsiders. However there territory is dotted with a number of ancient ruins. Some of these sites remain inhabited with spirits which cling, dreamlike, to the ways of the distant past. Observation of these spirit tribes has had some cultural effect on the Volaeim.

Religion: The Volaeim have a somewhat developed ancestor cult build around interpretation of the spirits which inhabit nearby ruins. They also worship a number of totem-like Gods, though there is no well-developed pantheon and many of these idols are limited to small localities only.

Cities: Arwah (pop. 12,000), Vasilikh (pop. 9,000), Yameh (pop. 5,000)
Names: Thlaktak, Aresiril, Masawah

I just wanted to let everyone know that this NES may be transitioning away to a different forum. IT IS NOT ENDING. I'll PM everyone a link when I know exactly what is happening.

Cheers!

Good Evening. As per my previous post, we have moved this NES over to the Frontier. I know MOST of you are already members, but if you are not, I encourage you to sign up.

I ask, also, that you confirm that you are still interested in playing on the thread on the Frontier by posting your applications, as well as transfer anything and everything you think important.

Stats are also up.

Ooh I didnot know about this.

I have registered, can't post replies though :(

Top Bottom