Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

TO: Sonty Corporation

The Solar Federation expresses interest in Sonty Corporation's proposal. We would be willing to observe a trial at Ganymede, on March 10, 2142.

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM
DATE:
TO: All Personnel SFAF
SUBJECT: Official Nomenclature and Revised Registry

Effective immediately all former USAF and RSF operational military spacecraft previously prefixed "United States Spacecraft" ("USS") and "Russian Federation Starship" ("RFS") have been reassigned as "Solar Federation Spacecraft" ("SFS") in all official documentation. Furthermore, all formerly utilized hull classification symbols and class designations are considered discontinued for the purposes of official usage.

Nomenclature for hull classification symbols and class designations, as well as the naming conventions for all spacecraft will henceforth be issued according to the following specifications (approximate):

Code:
[b][u]Class Designation  		HCS   Length  	Mass   	 Naming Convention	 [/u][/b]
Drone 				RO 	  5m	10t	 NONE
Variable Fighter 		VF 	 30m 	300t 	 NONE
Variable Gunship 		VG 	 50m 	1.2kt 	 NONE
Space Patrol Vehicle		SPV	 70m 	3.0kt 	 National Subdivision
Space Control Vehicle 		SNV	105m 	10.0kt 	 Cultural/Military Figure
Space Command Vehicle 		SMV 	180m 	33.0kt 	 Historical Battle
Space Superiority Vehicle 	SEV	310m 	300.0kt  Political Figure
Space Supremacy Vehicle 	SRV 	700m 	3.0mt 	 National Name
Space Deterrence Vehicle 	SDV 	200m 	50.0kt	 Major City
Space Dominance Vehicle 	SOV	 1km 	8.8mt	 Capital City

The full official title for spacecraft of SPV and above will properly be given by a hull designation number hyphenated with the sequential commissioning number of the spacecraft, followed by the spacecraft prefix and then the name. All new spacecraft will be titled in accordance with aforementioned naming conventions, not-retroactive upon currently fielded spacecraft.

Utilizing this new procedure, the Registry of the Aerospace Force is as follows:

Code:
[b][u]SPV			SNV			  SMV			      SDV		        [/u][/b]
SPV-001 SFS Volkov	SNV-001 SFS Liberty	  SMV-001 SFS Prokhorovka     SDV-001 SFS Novosibirsk
			SNV-002 SFS Justice	  SMV-002 SFS Rushmore	      SDV-002 SFS Yekaterinberg
			SNV-003 SFS Sentinel	  SMV-003 SFS Alamo	      SDV-003 SFS St. Petersburg
			SNV-004 SFS Endurance
			SNV-005 SFS Independence
			SNV-006 SFS Union
			SNV-007 SFS Democracy
			SNV-008 SFS Lincoln
			SNV-009 SFS Titan
			SNV-010 SFS Relentless
			SNV-011 SFS Dostoevsky
			SNV-012 SFS Mayflower
			SNV-013 SFS Obstinate
			SNV-014 SFS Yankee
			SNV-015 SFS Tolstoy
			SNV-016 SFS Chekhov

MISSION LOG 2141.06.02.23.06.18 said:
GUIDANCE: Orbital trajectory confirmation Echo-L827?

TRACKING: Echo-L827 on trajectory.

GUIDANCE: Standby GROUND, hot entry.

GROUND: Hot entry acknowledged.

TRACKING: Impact ETA 20 seconds.

GROUND: Echo-L827 visually acquired.

Footage: It appears as a dim light in the sky, growing brighter with every passing second. It begins red, then white with red edges, and grows exponentially.

TRACKING: Impact ETA 10 seconds.

Footage: The culprit is invisible behind bright streamers of gas and combustibles igniting during reentry, streaking downwards at a steep angle.

TRACKING: Impact ETA 5 seconds.

GROUND: Observing breakup.

TRACKING: 4.

GUIDANCE: Breakup confirmed.

Footage: It all proves to be too much. The falling streak of light implodes in on itself before exploding, a brilliant white light consuming the landscape. After a few moments it dims, and a shower of debris is evident behind a supersonic shockwave, coming closer...

GROUND: Echo-L827 has disintegrated.

Footage: Closer...

TRACKING: Affirmative, no registry.

Footage: Great, angry clouds of dust roil into view over the landscape, towering over the view and blocking it from sight. They do so for only a few seconds before the camera is obliterated by the force, leaving a simple snowblind picture of static in its place.

GUIDANCE: Shutting down systems.

FLIGHT: Lessens our cool down time at least. Good job people.
Three weeks later...

"Giger counter's got nothing," said John.

"Same on thermal," said Hiroshi.

Arkady flipped his sights through the settings until he arrived at thermal and surveyed the landscape. The temperature of everything was less uniform that it had been in the old days, but it was still rather quite hot. Even so, it was an improvement. He cycled back to visual and looked around, before looking up. The atmosphere had been severely rarefied by now, compared to how it had been. One could actually see the Sun from the surface, though its output was hidden behind the ever-growing solar shade--even so his visor had to compensate for the glare.

"Got higher than average water vapor readings in the atmosphere," said John.

"When this is all over, I'm going to build myself a dacha right over there," said Arkady, pointing to the top of a cliff side on the distant continental escarpment of Ishar Terra. Stable bodies of liquid water had already been reported on the continents, and some of the lichen programs had been receiving success. It was only a matter of time before global temperatures dropped sufficiently, and then the rains would come. It would look Biblical.

"Optimism is always a good trait for a job such as this," said Hiroshi.

John waved them both off.

"Alright, enough horseplay, lets get out of here already," said Arkady.

They collectively turned and began marching their armored suits back toward the recovery vehicle. As they went, Arkady invoked his trademark finish for every mission: "Venus, one day I'll make a lady out of you."

Accessing the Internet from a cruise ship here, and my time is extremely limited. Still, I should be able to begin work on the update here, once I have orders. I'm setting the deadline at a week from today.

I'm afraid I must say I am quitting this NES. It's just got tooo complicated to me to follow. I wish everyone the best of luck with it, and I will look into it when it isn't a Pre-Nes anymore.

OOC: Odd sentiment. I don't see anything happening that doesn't in other games. Or which won't get worse when this "actually" starts.

OOC: Why, with a grand population of maybe ten million people (upward of one hundred million people by the end of the first IT) and an entire planet if not system at your disposal, would you want to waste the time and resources to send a bunch of people somewhere else where you would have no control over them?

Nice:

If only colonies can colonize...

What are you talking about? Your a piddling little colony with hardly enough population, not to mention infrastructure. Your also strictly aligned to the PRC so it's not like you would be doing many ventures anyway.

Bacchus colonizes, but it's far more advanced of a colony. If this is why you quit, evaluate your position again.

Note, Bacchus has not and is not planning to colonize outside the Infinatas system. And I am content and enjoying myself as this game is allowing me to create a society and do a story, more so than most NESes. So please keep it up.

edit: this is based on Population, I mean really why would I need to expand with my whopping less than 7 million people. I wouldn't even consider expanding until several hundred million (at least US population) or if it was deemed that Bacchus needed a resource to survive and no one would trade said resource. But I don't see that happening.

OOC: Nothing has really changed the last few turns to make it more complicated! :lol:

OOC: Nothing has really changed the last few turns to make it more complicated! :lol:

If anything, the arrival of the Solar Federation has made things LESS complicated. Less factions to deal with :p

Three more days 'till the deadline, and I've not received many order sets. I know it's been awhile since the last turn, but I've given plenty of warning for this one, and I don't see too many other NESes out there to keep you all from this one.

Good grief, I am taking my time with a few things here. But don't worry, I'll get everything in and done on time.

OOC: Would it have killed you to have sent a PM days ago? :p

Top Bottom