Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

You're right, but I think we just wanted to make sure we went through the right steps so noone starts asking questions. If everyone is alright with me taking the reigns I'm fine with that. If you guys still want to have an election for Emperor I'm okay with that too. Just let me know what you guys would like to do.

Btw- Vandal, I included a little part in my RP story to kinda get Dom involved. If you wouldn't mind picking up a little of the story about the tablet I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I will also pledge my support for the House of Huber.

Sorry guys. I planned on having the turn set up last night, but I got engaged this weekend, and most of my Sunday involved seeing my fiances parents and such. I will post the main report this evening when I get home from work.

In the mean time...

My first order of business as Emperor will be to name the heir to the House of Octavia to be Regent of the Empire.

Secondly, I appoint the House of Octavia to select a leader to be named 'Lord' of the city of Octavia. The House of Reichkaiser will be appointed to the administration of Arkan and Domigreind. The House of Artok is appointed to the city of Dankis. I appoint the Grand House of Huber to the administration of Huber and Artok.

Should a council be called during my administration the 'Lords' of each of these cities will need to appear at the Palace for their votes towards the appropriate matters of discussion.

Also, as Emperor, I have the power to appoint new officials to the city administration. I request that any other citizen of our society that wishes to take on these new positions to announce themselves. I will grant the city of Domegreind or Dankis to another citizen (IamJohn, etc)

Should this Great Empire be forced into the throws of war, I wish to declare that the House of Reichkaiser must present a champion to be named 'General'.

The House of Reichkaiser hereby pronounces Caesus, as our champion. Here are the memoirs of Emperor Cathal I

Cathal I-
I have always lived in the shadow of my father, Vandal the Victorious. He was always known as a champion of the people and a millitary genius. Now, I have carved my name into history. As emperor, I wanted to outshine my father, and prove to the world that I am not just Vandal's son. But, there is still this emptiness inside my heart. As I lay in wait for death, I think of my son, and what he will acomplish as emperor. But, I simply wish that he find his own way.

Lord Civplayah III accepts control of Dankis. He thanks Huber for their generous gift.

The House of Octavia thanks the Emperor for the honors he's bestowed. I proclaim Airon, Dictator Imperium of the House, lord of Octavia and Regent to the Empire.

At the behest of the Council Emperor Huber I is crowned on T 190.

Today we embark on a journey to uncover hidden wonders, and advance our position of power through the strength of our warriors. - Emperor Huber I

The Empire as Emperor Huber I takes the throne:

Spoiler :

In T 191 the city of Dankis is built along the northern coastlines.

Spoiler :

In an attempt to unify the people, and bring happiness to our fare cities Emperor Huber I enacts the Artokian Colloseum Act.

192.1 Artokian Colloseum Act: This act enables the Emperor to utilize workers from the Hellesses of Artok to built a colloseum to encourage community happiness for years to come.

Since the healthiness of our citizens and city prosperity demands workable land around our cities, Huber I installs the Dankis Interior Act.

193.1 Dankis Interior Act: This act allows for funding and manpower to be placed for work clearing the jungle lands around Dankis.

195.1 Huberian Education Act: Allows for slave labor to be used for the construction of a library in Huber.

Much of the world was a peaceful place during the begining of Emperor Huber I first reign, but to the North an Empire on the quest for new lands begins to unravel that peace.

T 200 Shaka of the Native Americans declares war against Lincoln of Egypt!

In T 201 We learn just who has the wealthiest nation on the planet:

Spoiler :

With the passing of two seasons comes great new knowledge and diplomatic peace accords between our nation and those of our friends:

Sumerian Peace Accords: Gained the knowledge of Alphabet.

Egyptian Peace Accords: Monotheism, and Sailing discovered.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

To help bring about a more peaceful coexistence of our citizens within their cities Emperor Huber I began ennacting reforms to streamline the government. Emphasising the sharing of power with the aristocrats through the Council of Lords, monarchy is established.

With our new found happiness and growth potential Emperor Huber I enacts the Dankis Economic Expansion Act.

205.1 Dankis Economic Expansion Act: Allows for the Emperor to utilize the manpower of the current workforce to spread cottages across the lands of Dankis.

T 208 Helopolis in Egypt is captured by the Native American Armies! Emperor Huber I decides to help push for a peace initiative between the two factions.

With many attempts at brokering a peace between Egypt and the Native Americans Emperor Huber I is able to accomplish a cease fire between the large nations.

T 210 Treaty of Helopolis ends hostilities between Shaka and Lincoln.

The State of the Empire: End of Emperor Huber I First Reign:

Spoiler :

Well, that's my first 20 turns as Emperor. I have to admit I think it went alright. We gained a lot of technology, our military has now doubled with roughly one (1) stack located in Artok and one (1) stack in Domgreind. I have some spies on the list to help us take advantage of any opportunities that arise. Now I leave it up to the nobility of our Houses and the Council of Lords to determine whether or not my reign was successful.

Did I miss something or did our great Emperor forget to post the Save file?? :confused: Seems to be a good TS Drak I must reserve my tribute until I can see the save.

The House of Octavia grants tribute to Emperor Huber I. This is going to be a tough game to turn around though we are keeping pace scientifically. I don't know if it was a great idea to encourage peace we probably should have picked a side and attacked the most vulnerable rival. However I think I see your reasoning, you didn't want Shaka to win the war and become unstoppable. We are going to have to make a move soon, we are small and the AI have an unbalanced advantage. To quote a good friends signature "We will either find a way or make one!"

The Emperor thanks the House of Octavia for it's tribute.

I don't know if it was a great idea to encourage peace we probably should have picked a side and attacked the most vulnerable rival.

Just to let you know, I didn't actually have anything to do with the peace settlement. Shaka and Lincoln ended the war on their own. I just wanted to have something to say about it in a RP sense.

Heck, if it would have kept on, I probably would have entered in on the side of Lincoln.

I felt that we did not have the manpower to effectivly take on Shaka at Helopolis. Although I wanted to go after him, i did not feel that Dankis was adequatly protected, and moving against Shaka at Helopolis would have left our entire North Left flank open for his warriors to pass through. However, with about two stacks worth of units and our spies comming online, I believe that we stand a chance against hime now. As long as our general can put forth a solid plan with quick action we may be able to dent the Native Americans.

Btw: Since we are in a Monarchy is there anything that you would like to change rules wise? Now that there's really only 4 of us playing we could pretty much do whatever you guys would like.

The House of Vahalax under Caesus, gives tribute to the Imperial House.

I think we should seriously consider attacking our Egyptian neighbor while they are recovering from war with another major power. My advice is to take Elephantine first, were we to go to war.

To quote a good friends signature "We will either find a way or make one!"

That is a very appropriate use of my signature!

I will wait to recieve the vote from our fellow Noble House of Artok before I confirm the re-corrination of Emperor Huber I 'The Immortal' (Don't worry he won't live forever... ha-ha)

However, as it is looking that Emperor Huber I will continue to reign I declare that the Concil of Lords must convene at the Palace to offer up suggestions to the Emperor.

As first order of the Council, Longivus Lord of Artok proposes that we ammend the current rules to include that the 'Coucil of Lords' gain full legal rights to convene before every new turn session, and that this council be called before any engagement of our forces against those of another civilization. Do I hear a second?

Excellent, with the Lord of Octavia's second, the motion is accepted and open for discussion.

The current motion is to change the rules to allow the Council of Lords to obtain the Imperial legal right to assemble to grant consul to the Emperor before each turn, and to make it obligatory for the Emperor to consult the 'Council' before actions of war against another nation are declared.

---------
OCC just to let you know the emperor has no voting rights or ability to raise legislation in the coucil, he only has the ability to call the council together and moderate the discussions within the council. As long as that's okay with you guys. And remember the 'Council of Lords' are the appointed Lords of each city, so it is possible for an Emperor to grant his own house multiple cities, giving him more votes or discussion character's. However I suggest that we be careful so as to not make the game completely one sided.

I.... third(?) that remark

no need to third the motion, but thanks for your participation and agreement with the motion.

This is where the fun will really be in this game. The evolution of the actual government.... just wait till we choose to form a Republic... ha-ha!

Top Bottom