Modern Alliances

Depends on your mod, whether you set those units as conscriptable

@ aob
Hopefully, I probably wont work to much on it, since its only an hour or so of work, I will just hold it off untill I fugre out how to fix it

And yes I apreciate it, it is definatly undoubtably will be the most one out there. The only one where I have seen it repeated to somewhat the same idea is the Battle of Britain scenario, but I never played it and not sure how accurate it also is, plus thats just one sea, you did the whole world :lol:

yes i was always going to do the royal navy and then i decided it would look weird to have royal navy ships named but no one elses so i'd better do everyone elses too. nearly gave up alltogether when i started doing the royal navies destroyers because f**k me they had ALOT back then, crazy numbers lol.
i dont plan on doing that with navies on any other scenarios but i would like to do it with the WW2 scenario when we start it but they would require mixing up afterwards so i will leave it up to you whether i do it again or not

Well first I gotta fix WW1, no one seems to know what the problem could be, and I have no idea either, since most errors would either crash when it loads, or if it crashes after a turn it would also do that in custom game which it does not. And it always crashes at the same spot (im looking at the german colony in Asia fight after the Qajar civ contacts me, I have no idea why :mad:

No chance you have an older version on your laptop? To see if it works on a older one

try a debug dll... follow instructions at this link, but use your mods source files!

try a debug dll... follow instructions at this link, but use your mods source files!

Thats a lot to read, and I've tried doing it before and had no idea what I was doing:crazyeye: Is there a specific part to read just for debugging?

ok so one on my laptop is dated 11th dec or 1st march on backup harddrive so which u want to?
No reason to upload them, I could just send scenario to you, but most likely they wont work anyway, lemme see if I can figure out debugging it would probably be easier

read preparing the compilation environment, then "Before debugging" and "Debugging with VS"

it's pretty easy, I would do it but I would have to know exactly what was happening/get the files... If you are having trouble then ship the mods files over and I will give it a shot!

well I tried to give it a go, downloaded all teh things it did, but once it got to the second post I got beyond confused :confused:

Is putting it together a lot of work? Like if I gave you a list of mods comps I would want in my mad that require DLL, does it take a lot of work/time to complete it? And does it take a lot of work/time to create a debug a long with it? BEcause I woudl be more than happy to give you links if you could set me up with a DLL and a debug

it depends, I can just add files which a modcomp has added which yours hasn't but after that I need to do merging (let's hope there is comments!)

I can give you a debug dll but your will need to read the "starting debugging" post and take over yourself. Gimme a list then :p (btw do you want the natural wonders merged in?)

@ dacubz145 any luck fixing the scenario yet?
my pc is fixed but sadly i also forgot to backup my 1920 scenario so i gotta start that again but no point using the 1914 scenario until you fixed it.

@ Jamie

Here is a long, long list of the things I want in the mod. Of course I do not expect you to do all of them, but if you could attempt them all that would be amazing. Even if you could just do one more than the ones I already have I would deeply apreiate it. Each one i found i searched for atleast 5 minutes each to make sure I have the most recent one. Many are by Stolenrays who will definatly help you if you need help as I work closely with him. I do not expect these to be done by any certain time so work at whatver pace you please, all the help is deaply apreciated :goodjob: and any help I can offer I will definatly do
modcomps
Spoiler :
In order of how important they are to the mod

-Advanced Diplomacy 2 (mod use to have one in, so keep that in mind, this is a must need since I had it in recent versions, if neceassary you could do original but this is definatly prefered)
-60 Civs playable
-AI Autoplay
-Dales Combat mod
^^^all of above are needed due to the fact they are already in the mod
Unofficial 3.19 Patch
-Puppet States
-Mastery Victory
Better BTS AI
-Advanced Combat Odds
-Diplomat Mod( in version beta 3 it makes it need to be in capital, anyway you can remove that?)
-Unit Stats Mod
-Partisans Mod
-Multiple Research Mod
-New Diplomacy Option
-Project Help Tag
-Air Forces Mod
-Super Spies
-Air Combast Experience
-Mercenaries Mod
-Tech add Commerce
-Bombard Experience Mod
-JRouteNative
-Building City Size Prereq
-Better Air interception
-Pillage Expirience Mod
-Sea Bridge Mod
-Mountains: Back to service
-Promotions DLL mod
-Captured City Art Mod
-Tech Research Modifier

New Xml lines
Spoiler :
Random order, not sure if these are doable, i will probably think of one or too more that are needed
-Power to all country for project
-Add happiness for project
-Add health for project
-Add Movie for unit
-Add natural wonder movie
-Add "Free Tech'' (from buildings) to project and unit
-Add Free building in each city (from buildings) to project

Also I will update the mod tomorrow and will probably not be workin gon the mod, so it would probably be easiest if you download the mod, and just edit as you please and then send it back to me, if you could comment "Edited by Jamie" were you add/edit theings that would be great, thanks!!!!:goodjob:

@aob86, I wouldnt restart a whole scenario, since placing citys (by just copying 1914) will save you hours and hours of time. Your welcome to but I would wait, 1914 is loadable and editable, but it will be fixed, and if it does not work, after making 1920 cant guarentee that will work either. I would wait or just start on 1914 I would sugges tagainst starting over though although it is up to you

as for fixing it, J_mie6 is helping creating a custom DLL, whih adds cool things to the game, after he does that hes going to help me with a debug DLL, which will tell me exactly why the mod crashes when it does whih means i can fix it. There are already debug DLLs but I already have a custom DLL so adding the default debug one, game crashes because its missing the custom one

I will try my best, and I will try and add those fields, it's easy to make them it's just making them do stuff that I don't know :p

@aob86, I wouldnt restart a whole scenario, since placing citys (by just copying 1914) will save you hours and hours of time. Your welcome to but I would wait, 1914 is loadable and editable, but it will be fixed, and if it does not work, after making 1920 cant guarentee that will work either. I would wait or just start on 1914 I would sugges tagainst starting over though although it is up to you

as for fixing it, J_mie6 is helping creating a custom DLL, whih adds cool things to the game, after he does that hes going to help me with a debug DLL, which will tell me exactly why the mod crashes when it does whih means i can fix it. There are already debug DLLs but I already have a custom DLL so adding the default debug one, game crashes because its missing the custom one

by starting it again i meant editing 1914 scenario rather than starting the whole thing from scratch but obviously no point doing that if 1914 doesnt work thats why i was asking :p
so yeah i will do like you said, i will wait until you fix 1914 before i go editing it to make 1920 :goodjob:

so I guess nothing much I need to do to the Motherland calls right? ^^

I will try my best, and I will try and add those fields, it's easy to make them it's just making them do stuff that I don't know :p

Alright I am uploading the mod now, and you can just edit as please to make sure everything works (dont want you to take time to create custom DLL and then python doesnt work so it wastes time). Anything you dont know or if it low on the list and you think it will take a lot of time, dont really need to do it, just skip:D Thanks:goodjob:

Updated to version 2.5!
-Improved civilopedia
-4 New Skyscrapers
-5 New Modern Wonders
-Fixed ancient wonders
-Added 2 resources: fuel and steel
-Added 1 Building: Steel mill
-Removed resource of sulpher, deer and fur (since they aren't modern)
-Hospitals now get +1 health with obsidian

Top Bottom