Do girls play civ?

You'd be surprised what games we play ;)
In my mmo raidguild we are ~30% girls out of ~80 members.

My understanding is that MMO in general captures a much larger female demographic than most games this side of "the sims".

But hell, I know at least one girl who plays "dark souls".

I'm a girl and I play a ridiculous amount of Civ4 BTS. It's not the only strategy game I play; I play some Paradox Interactive stuff (EU3, HoI2, etc.) as well, and waaay back in the day I was a big fan of Starcraft: Brood War, C&C, and AoE 2. But my favorite game of all time is SMAC.

We could start with something simple like changing Horse to My Little Pony

I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to link to the pony versions of SMAC leaders that I made recently... :blush:

thats cool. I wouldn't have thought girl gamers (which are rare in themselves) enjoy games like Civ. But then again you might be an unicorn in a haystack :crazyeye:

and what's with this My Little Pony? I heard teenage dudes were the demographics of this show. Somebody tell me it's a joke :eek:

thats cool. I wouldn't have thought girl gamers (which are rare in themselves) enjoy games like Civ. But then again you might be an unicorn in a haystack :crazyeye:

and what's with this My Little Pony? I heard teenage dudes were the demographics of this show. Somebody tell me it's a joke :eek:

Sadly no its not a joke. Go to any video game or anime\manga based website and the amount of obvious male viewers of that show is both startling and saddening.

Sadly no its not a joke. Go to any video game or anime\manga based website and the amount of obvious male viewers of that show is both startling and saddening.

A male viewer of my little pony is called a brony. I try to troll my online friends by calling them that as much as possible.

And no, I don't judge. I'm not into my little pony, but I've probably watched/read things that are comparably embarrassing :mischief:.

Maybe we can make a mod to lure more girls into playing civ.
We could start with something simple like changing Horse to My Little Pony, changing some of the corporations to Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Prada, make new buildings such as Hairdresser, Fashion Boutique and Beauty Shop (-50% :gold: +5 Diplomatic Modifier for Male Leaders).
Woo-hoo! I'm in! :goodjob: --- except for the pony thing...
Next step would be some new leaderheads. Maybe I'm old, but I'm guessing Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Johhny Depp would do the trick.
And Olivia Wilde, Kari Byron, Kate Beckinsale, Orianthi... :D

And ofcourse new civs too, like :
Amazons, the Shopaholics, the Gucci Guild...

The big project would be to replace war and anything related, with a <snip>
More like three weeks of peace and a week of intense negotiations (Thank you Robin Williams.)

The AP would be replaced with American Civilizations Next Top Model, and UN with Miss Universe.
I could get into that. And don't forget the Modern Armor Swimsuit Edition, and the Victoria's Secret catalog when you discover Writing. :)

My girlfriend plays but isn't on the forum.

I have a few friends that are girls that I've introduced Civ IV, but most seem uninterested. One has gotten kind of interested, but is just learning how to play without needing my advice constantly. My little sisters play, but one is a peacemonger. The other one... well, she's quite aggressive and DoW's as soon as she can see another Civ's borders. :lol: It was funny to make her play Spain in 1000 AD. :mischief:

I tried to get 3 consecutive girlfriends into Civ3 back in the day and have tried a couple times to get my now wife into Civ4. No success on any front.

Come to think of it revealing my nerdy gaming side likely helped seal the demise of the previous relationships. At least my wife knows I am a dork and is cool with it. :lol:

At least my wife knows I am a dork and is cool with it. :lol:
My wife insists that we're both dorks. She thinks of herself with a very dull librarian (she's really a chemist). Very drab and ordinary. (There is NOTHING drab or ordinary about her. She's beautiful, and smarter than five people put together. IMnot soHO).

I'm getting a Doctorate in Psychology so that I can straighten her out correct this unfortunate tendency of hers to self deprecate. There's no way I want her "straight" :lol: (Thanks Shifter. :p)

The other one... well, she's quite aggressive and DoW's as soon as she can see another Civ's borders. :lol: It was funny to make her play Spain in 1000 AD. :mischief:

awesome! :ar15:

i can't say anything about bronies, i also have things i like that i wouldn't admit to.... grown men listening to jpop is pretty embarrassing, but i can't stop!

My wife insists that we're both dorks. She thinks of herself with a very dull librarian (she's really a chemist). Very drab and ordinary. (There is NOTHING drab or ordinary about her. She's beautiful, and smarter than five people put together. IMnot soHO).

I'm getting a Doctorate in Psychology so that I can straighten her out correct this unfortunate tendency of hers to self deprecate. There's no way I want her "straight" :lol: (Thanks Shifter. :p)

I thought people got PhD's in psychology so they could figure out why they were so screwed up, not other people!:lol:

I am a mechanical engineer by training (so I know your wife's feeling of nerdiness through career choice) and I co-own a brew pub (I am the brew master...a self imposed title), plus I like video games. Thus dork...my wife insists she is not one, but she has a degree in American Literature...who's the dork now?:lol::lol::lol:

I think ParadigmShifter already turned it R-rated. Nice clip to watch-only problem is the Japanese words.:) I dread to think what my mind will be like the next time I do push-ups.

On-topic - I think it's about 10%. Whether that's a very small group or not depends on how you interpret it. However, I think they are just as likely as the 90% of us to go after conquest or domination. I prefer those victory types as the safest myself.

The female gamers I know irl mostly play Grand Theft Auto, The Sims and Football Manager.

Although I don't know many and I find it more conceiving to see them playing Civ4 than say, for example, Call of Duty.

There is no such thing as women on this site. :D

Sorry, but I train in jiu-jitsu and usually post on a MMA website. That is one of the jokes we usually post there.

I have seen a few female posters here, but not much.

Who is the highest ranked female player here? From what I have seen, Mylene looks to be a very good player.

Moonsinger still, probably.

Misotu is very good as well.

Mylene doesn't do the HoF (I think) so we can't rate her.

EDIT: Top tip for girls - have a username beginning with "M". Dial M for something.

As far as I am able to discern, Lemon Merchant is a woman.

My sister plays civ occassionally, does decent enough. Always plays the warmonger path while I go for simply a peaceful route.

but then again, there is the pics or gtfo scenario that always presents itself when a female makes her presence known.

see: every forum ever.

Top Bottom