4th scenario - American civil war?

Interesting find, although I don't know if it will ever show up as a 4th DLC, since I can't imagine what they'd pack it in with. Usually it's a civ and a scenario, but there wouldn't be an actual civilization to add that would make sense.
Some sort of Native Americans, especially Plain Indians would be interesting, though.

Interesting find, although I don't know if it will ever show up as a 4th DLC, since I can't imagine what they'd pack it in with. Usually it's a civ and a scenario, but there wouldn't be an actual civilization to add that would make sense.

It might bring new units or techs to the game, in the same way that Wonders of the Ancient World added new Wonders.

It might bring new units or techs to the game, in the same way that Wonders of the Ancient World added new Wonders.

I guess, but I can't imagine there being that much to include with it.

Some sort of Native Americans, especially Plain Indians would be interesting, though.
Probably a bit of a stretch to include them with THIS scenario, I'd assume (waiting for some of the crazy historians to come back and correct me or something).

This. I can't see them adding in the Confederates as a Civ. We already have the USA. It's not like we have India separated into Hindi, Punjabi, etc.

I could see a Cherokee civ packaged in with an ACW scenario. Though it says Civil War it doesn't have to the be the ACW. There have been many civil wars.

A expansion would make sense. I think adding revolutions/colonies would be very interesting and definitely spark up the normal game and even possibly put more depth into the happiness system.

I personally would wish that they would do a cold war scenario between the US and Russia where you can play as the major players such as Russia or the US or play as France, England, or even China and come grow out that shell and come out of nowhere and dominate both the US and Russia.

I personally would wish that they would do a cold war scenario between the US and Russia where you can play as the major players such as Russia or the US or play as France, England, or even China and come grow out that shell and come out of nowhere and dominate both the US and Russia.

I'm surprised they didn't have a scenario like that. I could be great for showing off espionage.

I could see a Cherokee civ packaged in with an ACW scenario. Though it says Civil War it doesn't have to the be the ACW. There have been many civil wars.

It's the ACW. There is a sound file for the loading screen stating it.

Probably a bit of a stretch to include them with THIS scenario, I'd assume (waiting for some of the crazy historians to come back and correct me or something).

There were Indian tribes who fought for both the Union and the Confederacy during the war. The Cherokee fighting for the Confederacy is the one I'm most familiar with. The plains Indians might be a stretch.

Native Americans in the Civil War

Steam games always come with a little later free DLC nowadays. I'm calling it - 4th of July free scenario as a gift on Steam.

The is no way the CSA would become a civ, it was around for 5 years. And the CSA wouldnt exactly go down well here in the states

Yeah, pretty much this. Except for some...rather unintellectual types, not too many of us are proud of that particular part of our history. While many of the southern states still glorify in their southern-ness (which is completely fine and acceptable), you would be hard-pressed even there to find someone who would openly admit to still supporting the goals the confederacy was trying to advance.

~R~

There were Indian tribes who fought for both the Union and the Confederacy during the war. The Cherokee fighting for the Confederacy is the one I'm most familiar with. The plains Indians might be a stretch.

Sounds reasonable, I didn't look it up which natives fought in the civil war. It just didn't seem to be too far stretched to add a native civ.

Steam games always come with a little later free DLC nowadays. I'm calling it - 4th of July free scenario as a gift on Steam.

That'd be cool. On the other hand it'd have been better to release the expansion 2 weeks later and ship it as official 4th scenario, which would have been better for sales.

So a paid DLC is more likely I think.

That'd be cool. On the other hand it'd have been better to release the expansion 2 weeks later and ship it as official 4th scenario, which would have been better for sales.

So a paid DLC is more likely I think.

Yes it's not likely but there is a trend in Steam games giving a free DLC slightly after release. Maybe it's to readvertise on the front page, but it's probably more likely that this is to get customers used to a DLC model. It wouldn't surprise me to see such a thing but as Civ5 is a bit old and most customers are familiar with DLC by now, I guess it won't be.

The Union fought a brief war against the Sioux in Minnesota during the Civil War. It's possible they could play that up for a third group.

i hope they don't include slaves because it's quite inconsiderate for this day and age

Very excited about this, but wish they'd come up with a good WW2 scenario. At least we're getting some modern scenarios now. (If we count Smoky Skies here.)

I will happily skip this DLC and i skip ALL dlc that doesn't impact the game, i even skipped the stupid explorers pack thing - i can download mapscripts.

This should have been in the G+K base game, and some crappy, badly designed map + a few "non civ's" (civ's that exist ONLY in the scenario), this will NOT be motivating. It won't be "free" like stone - so it will probably be a DLC bundle, and i hope i am wrong because im not going to just give money because they made a "mod".

The other reason i want this to be wrong is because i already predicted the next DLC as Zulu - and i demand to be correct! So far the only prediction i was wrong about is Celts - I predicted they would follow Zulu 2 DLC down the road.

Personally, im wondering if there will be a Civ 5: Colonization - if so... ill be playing that once 2071 and medieval is "ported" over.

I will happily skip this DLC and i skip ALL dlc that doesn't impact the game, i even skipped the stupid explorers pack thing - i can download mapscripts.

This should have been in the G+K base game, and some crappy, badly designed map + a few "non civ's" (civ's that exist ONLY in the scenario), this will NOT be motivating. It won't be "free" like stone - so it will probably be a DLC bundle, and i hope i am wrong because im not going to just give money because they made a "mod".

The other reason i want this to be wrong is because i already predicted the next DLC as Zulu - and i demand to be correct! So far the only prediction i was wrong about is Celts - I predicted they would follow Zulu 2 DLC down the road.

Personally, im wondering if there will be a Civ 5: Colonization - if so... ill be playing that once 2071 and medieval is "ported" over.

Why skip the DLC, when you can get it for 1:49$ when steam has its sales for Civilization 5? You can literally get all of the DLC for under 12$ this upcoming July when they have their massive steam summer sale.

i just can't pay even a nickel for something that a modder could make - something like a scenario which includes:

badly designed, ugly map
civ's that aren't usable in the game, often with the UA/UU hybrids of "normal civ"
-

I haven't gotten the explorer pack because it's just map scripts... but the civ's i got on sale, and every single scenario except for Mongol and Korea has been terrible (imo). Continents vs Continents Plus? Really? Outrageous. I was disgusted when i got the wonders. It made me wonder when they would make a DLC to give each civ a second UU.

Its like making the steel sword the best uberweapon in the game - then a month later the +1 steel sword comes out for 10 dollars. 3 months later it goes to 2 dollars, and the +2 steel sword is released. It is sickening to me.

I do get the civ's when they go on sale because they actually impact the game, while scenario's don't and maps are well.. just maps.

Top Bottom