Not-So-Useful leaders, city states, special abilities, traits (and so on)

Not so useful Spy:
Me... I ended up dying 3 times in my latest game. I have to study some - anyone got some ISpy books?

Not so useful leader:
Henry VIII: can kill advisors.

No so useful UA:
Mayan Calendar: game ends in the year 2012

Mayan Calender: Western Civilizations all end in 2012 because they love to obsess about doomsdays that no one actually predicted as doomsdays*

Not-so-useful Unique Ability: Coup d'etat - every 5 turns you go into 2 turns of anarchy where your empire produces nothing, and cities stay in resistance for an additional 2 turns thereafter. Barbarian units will spawn at random within your territory, which will slowly fragment into independent City-States.

Anonymous Movie Maker (Not-So-Useful Great Artist)
Not-So-Useful movie about a Great Prophet triggers an unpredictable mix of :c5happy: :c5unhappy: :c5angry: :c5culture: :c5razing: :c5war: & :c5faith: in every city all over the world.

Mayan Calender: Western Civilizations all end in 2012 because they love to obsess about doomsdays that no one actually predicted as doomsdays*

and now one of the best quotes from wikipedia ever:

Several scenarios for the end of the world including galactic alignment, the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, a geomagnetic reversal, nuclear war, collision with Nibiru or some other interplanetary object, alien invasion, the Earth being destroyed by a giant supernova, and even a zombie apocalypse. David Morrison and other scientists from NASA, along with expert archeologists, and even the Mayans themselves have stated that none of those events are possible.

UI: Norwegian oil platforms. +10GP pr turn. This gold is kept in a separate account from regular gold. 4% of the interest earned on this account can be transfered to regular gold each turn.

UA: Norwegian roads. Double upkeep, all units can move 1 tile pr turn. Can be built in water and mountain tiles.

Mighty Switzerland

UA: Swiss Cantons Cities cannot form trade routes to one another until the discovery of flight. Steals city names from the French, German and Italian city lists. Lack of collective government means each production, research or culture decision made requires 5 turns of discussion prior to adoption.

UU: Swiss Mercenaries Replaces Pikeman. upkeep: 5. May not be produced, only bought with gold. May be subsequently bought by other civilizations to fight for them.

UB: Swiss Bank Replaces Bank. Siphons off 5% of gold from other civilizations every turn. Every 100 turns, this must be repaid in full with 10% interest.

Wonder: Parthenon Marbles +5:c5faith:, Immediately sets the first civilization to discover archaeology to 'guarded' with you for the rest of the game.

Not-So-Useful Social Policy:
Free Healthcare: each citizen in the empire now costs 10 :c5gold: upkeep.

But that would raise your happiness by +20 :c5happy:, make your cities produce +50% :c5production: :c5gold: :c5culture: :c5science: :c5faith:, so it is probably useful.

You would still be running a major :c5gold: deficit, and unless all of your citizens were working 8 :c5gold: tiles, it wouldn't be worth it.

You would still be running a major :c5gold: deficit, and unless all of your citizens were working 8 :c5gold: tiles, it wouldn't be worth it.

Derp... I'm thinking too much of the Community Call to Power mod that I usually play, which adds later eras more representative of the exponential increase in productivity of the populace in modern times.

Anyway, back to the thread subject.

Not-so-useful Unique Ability: Right to Bear Arms - all cities get -10% :c5production: and :c5science:, and undergo 1 turn of :c5occupied: every 10 turns. During this resistance your :c5gold: produced drops to zero and you need to spend 1000 :c5gold: to quell the crime. Failure to do so can result in a massive barbarian onslaught.

Not-so-useful Unique Ability: Juche - +50% :c5production: in your capital, -90% :c5food: in every other city. For every civ that has a DoF with you, two will automatically be forced to go to war. +1% :c5faith: for every military unit within your borders, but your religion will never spread beyond your borders and you cannot produce :c5greatperson:.

Derp... I'm thinking too much of the Community Call to Power mod that I usually play, which adds later eras more representative of the exponential increase in productivity of the populace in modern times.

Anyway, back to the thread subject.

Not-so-useful Unique Ability: Right to Bear Arms - all cities get -10% :c5production: and :c5science:, and undergo 1 turn of :c5occupied: every 10 turns. During this resistance your :c5gold: produced drops to zero and you need to spend 1000 :c5gold: to quell the crime. Failure to do so can result in a massive barbarian onslaught.

Not-so-useful Unique Ability: Juche - +50% :c5production: in your capital, -90% :c5food: in every other city. For every civ that has a DoF with you, two will automatically be forced to go to war. +1% :c5faith: for every military unit within your borders, but your religion will never spread beyond your borders and you cannot produce :c5greatperson:.

I don't know how allowing guns makes your cities more stupid. And you mean anarchy, right, not occupied? And I don't know how that creates Rebel Forces against your civ.

I don't know how allowing guns makes your cities more stupid. And you mean anarchy, right, not occupied? And I don't know how that creates Rebel Forces against your civ.

Scientists would be a bit concerned for their life if it's easier to commit crimes against them, and schools would be plagued by the crime problem as well. Yes, I know that it creates anarchy, not occupation. Just the closest symbol that I could find. As for the rebel forces, it is merely supposed to represent unchecked organized crime.

I thought organized crime would be able to get guns from other sources, but I guess we're not here to discuss politics.

Not-So-Useful Social Policy: Media Censorship
+20 :c5happy: in your empire, - 100% :c5culture:. (Actually might be sort of good in some instances)

Babel Fish Not-So-Useful Unit
OK, stick one in your ear and you can understand everything said in the animated leader movies, but so what? Did you learn anything useful?

Not-so-useful pantheon belief: God of fire

+2 :c5faith: from all tile improvements, which are automatically burned.

Not-so-useful founder belief: UFO worship

+10 :c5happy: for each city following this religion on another planet.

Not-so-useful follower belief: cult suicide

:c5citizen: kill themselves 5 turns after converting.
(could actually be cool to spread your religion to other civs and reduce their :c5citizen: that way :lol:)

Not-so-useful follower belief: love your ennemies

+2 :c5faith: from each follower :c5citizen:. Output yields from follower :c5citizen: are gifted to civs with which they are at :c5war:.

Not-so-useful enhancer belief: door-to-door preaching

Missionaries cost 1 :c5gold: per turn, cause +1 :c5unhappy: and -1 :c5science: when in your territory, and cause a diplomatic penalty when in foreign territory.

Not-so-useful social policy (under freedom tree): non-violence

+10 :c5happy:, +50% :c5culture:, -100% :c5strength: for all military units, -100% :c5rangedstrength: in all cities, starts a :c5goldenage:.

Top Bottom