khans - amazing

turns every one of your units into an almost-immortal? how is this not one of the top rated uu's. mongols were made for deity level play, where odds are you'll be fighting off the majority of city states, that 30% is incredible, combined with keshiks and khans. you hear this 'mongols are a one-trick pony civ, nothing but keshiks', but khans basically turn every one of your units into a unique unit and the city state bonus is great for deity level, no more being swamped by multiple city states.

Because every time you wind up in a war with a civ, you have to fight all of their little CS buddies too. Khans are amazing and Mongolia is great if you have horses and can make it to Chivalry in decent time.

But still, CS rarely attack and its easier to just ignore them. Usually you will have borders with maybe 3 and they don't do much. I find that to be the weaker part of the mongolian UA.

Well, on Deity everyone has an absurd amount of units, including City States. It's pretty hard to avoid them. It's certainly not the greatest UA, but if you're trying domination on Deity, it can be helpful.

You could sweeten up the important CS` in advance of this so they`ll be on your side or neutral instead of theirs.

Absolutely.. but not always possible. They have a lot of gold, and sometimes a lot of influence with those CS.

Im going to have to agree with notsure and woodshadows here. If you want to make use of mongolian UA you are probably going to piss off a majority of the City States on the map. You also have to fight off alexanders CS buddies like some one stated. And if they do attack you on deity they have a crapton of units. I see where the mongols can be helpful.

Even on Deity im Allied with the vast majority of CS's, certainly the ones near me. Never played Mongols though, even though I war a lot... should try it out.

Personally, I think Khans are better than Keshiks. They just make everything else better.

Top Bottom