Error loading font (Error Code 28)

Angelic_Tyrant

Tyrannical Despot
I have been to the thread in the 'old bug archives' regarding this problem with PTW, but none of the suggested fixes actually do anything. There were two suggested fixes found on this link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35641&pagenumber=2

1.)

"Just in case anyone had not heard, this error apparently can be caused (in win 98 at least) by Lucida fonts. The tech center informed me that they do not work well with civ or PTW however the font in the civ and PTW folders is Lsans (a Lucida font) which is odd. However simply said, removing the Lucida fonts from the fonts folder can help.

They also said to make sure, if revoving the fonts did not work, to add the fonts from the game into the fonts folder. These as said before are the Lsans (Lucida) font, but it apears to be the exception to the Lucida issue. Dont ask me why."

This solution had no effect whatsoever.

2.)

""Go to the Start menu, and choose Run. Delete anything on the Open line that
you'll find there, and type in the work MSCONFIG. Click on OK, and that
will bring up a program called the System Configuration Utility.

Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and
choose Selective Startup. If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked
on General, near the top of the window. Once you've chosen Selective
Startup, uncheck every item beneath it, except for 'Process System.INI file'
and 'Process Win.INI file'. Once you're done here, click OK, and let it
reboot your computer." -Tech5 *

- This simply changed the error message from '28' to '13'.

Just in case you are wondering I have a AMD 1800, 256mb RAM and Windows 98 SE. IT is recently upgraded, and believe it or not I had the same problem with my old computer, but it was fixed by removing Patch 1.27f and only using 1.14f! That little solution has not worked this time :confused:

Does anyone know of any concrete fixes that are guaranteed to work? It's very frustrating with the lack of material on this subject:scan: Any help will be much appreicated!

Top Bottom