How to always show combat modifiers and other options?

FreeSoul

Chieftain
Hello, I'm fairly new to the Caveman2Cosmos mod. I've installed it and started a game, and when I hover over a unit, the information only gives me the name of the unit and options, like : press CTRL for combat modifiers, press ALT for civil information, SHIFT for combat classes. I was wandering if there is an option that shows the combat modifiers and the other options by default when I hover over a unit, so I don't have to always press ALT or CTRL to view it. I searched the forum but so far have not found an answer.

Thank you very much!

Hello, I'm fairly new to the Caveman2Cosmos mod. I've installed it and started a game, and when I hover over a unit, the information only gives me the name of the unit and options, like : press CTRL for combat modifiers, press ALT for civil information, SHIFT for combat classes. I was wandering if there is an option that shows the combat modifiers and the other options by default when I hover over a unit, so I don't have to always press ALT or CTRL to view it. I searched the forum but so far have not found an answer.

Thank you very much!

Welcome to C2C.

The reason you have to use : press CTRL for combat modifiers, press ALT for civil information, SHIFT for combat classes, is that before so much information was displayed that it goes of screen and you can not see it all.

In fact, I believe I was one of the people who complained about that.

Even now when you get later in the game, you can not see all the data you want to.

If only some of it was not restricted to one line.:(

For the modders: I use Chipotle - so maybe that is why I get to much info and can not see it all. (Top of screen)

Thank you very much!
At the moment, there is not. But I HAVE just done my first successful Python Bug option so I may be able to set it up at some point. The reason it's NOT the default is because at times combat modifiers alone will overwhelm the amount of space we have to show the unit and it's more important to see the STR, Move and Name of the unit above all.

I also felt it's a good thing to have less plot hover info than more. If you can't see them on your opponents until you go to attack them there's a little more skill being asked of the player. Options are coming down the road that make it even harder to see what values your enemy units might be sporting. But more importantly, if the combat modifiers are the primary part of the hover over display, you have a problem with the first unit on the plot overwhelming all the rest immediately in many cases, so at least this way you can see what all units are ON the plot.

Welcome to C2C.

The reason you have to use : press CTRL for combat modifiers, press ALT for civil information, SHIFT for combat classes, is that before so much information was displayed that it goes of screen and you can not see it all.

In fact, I believe I was one of the people who complained about that.

Even now when you get later in the game, you can not see all the data you want to.

If only some of it was not restricted to one line.:(

For the modders: I use Chipotle - so maybe that is why I get to much info and can not see it all. (Top of screen)
Even without Chipotle it can still get overwhelming.

Further efforts to condense info are coming - almost right away after v35 some work will be put into that direction.

Not much effort needed to display the full hover text elsewhere in a bigger scrollable space...

Not much effort needed to display the full hover text elsewhere in a bigger scrollable space...

Says the one person with the skills to do so that I'm aware of. Who doesn't work on C2C. Who doesn't work with the BUG environment.

It was the bug environment that made us all incapable of growing the hover width in the first place. If we couldn't figure out a way around that do you think we have the skills to work that suggestion there?

Spoiler :

Says the person with the skills to do this with < 5 lines of codes.
It is about brainstorming rather than coding. If you cannot widen the hover text width... just display it elsewhere.

Can you do that in BUG environment becomes the question. And if you are able to figure that out can you share it rather than making it a mystery for the rest of us? lol

Meh... I'm blind to most of what takes place outside of this realm of the forum. I'll take a look into this when I revisit the subject soon.

Actually... I'll relegate these to DH if he want's to look into them. You've got a lot of cool stuff there!

I thought you had already done this elsewhere. It is just a matter of not using the default text hover mechanism used by the Graphics Engine and do a text box instead. It has nothing to do with BUG afaik.

Platyping's solution does but as I said I thought you had done something like it already. I am easily confused at the moment, but the head cold is clearing.

No... not like that. Everything I tried to do to grow, reshape, move our help hover was unsuccessful. If you could make help hovers become something we can control much easier it would be amazingly awesome... particularly if we can get a scrollbar with it!!!

Hi All,

I have just got c2c to work and was BLOWN AWAY by the tech tree for starters!

Very early days yet and excited to play, but pressing ctrl, alt or shift doesnt show any modifiers when i hover over units in the tech tree (or anywhere else). Can you tell me what is going wrong please? its kinda limiting.

Thanks!

You need to hold them down before you hover over the unit/building etc. If you're already hovering over it won't update (which is frustrating yes.) So just hold down shift/ctrl/alt THEN move the mouse off the object then back onto it.

Top Bottom