C2C SVN Changelog

More techs after 15.1:
Megastrong Alloys
Req Tech: Atomization Field AND Singularity Stabilization AND Weaponized Antimatter
[/SPOILER]

VERY minor point. I would prefer the name 'Ultrastrong' to 'Megastrong'. 'Megastrong' just sounds really 'comic book' to me ;-)

More Tech updates after 15.1:

Spoiler :
Plastic Electronics
Req Tech: Wearable Computers AND Wireless Electricity AND Micromechanics

Cryogenics
Req Tech: Advanced Computers AND Homo Superior AND Smart Drugs

Organic Cities
Req Tech: Vertical Farming AND Megastructure Engineering AND Environmental Economics

Planetary Economics
Req Tech: Androids AND Nanobotics AND Fusion AND Environmental Economics AND Conglomerates

Lunar Trade
Req Tech: Mass Driver AND Solar Propulsion AND Lunar Tourism AND Planetary Economics

Planetary Trade
Req Tech: Planetary Colonization AND Lunar Trade AND Magnetic Sails

Interstellar Trade
Req Tech: Cryogenics AND VASIMR Propulsion AND Planetary Trade

Argh! SVN kept telling me that I needed to update Tortoise, so I did. Now I have to do a full check out again and lost all my updates (one or two) I was about to upload! Oh well 13 hours to go then I need to compare with my working copy to figure out where I am at. :sigh:

It is a way of allowing many people to work on the same project at the same time as it allows us to each work on different files. The "library" is updated by each of us as we need to change modules and everyone can get at the result.

SVN Update
As suggested in the main thread I converted the Cultural "Goods" into building produced "Resources". This should allow you to trade regional cultures as well as have cultures spread naturally along trade routes like resources do. Note you can still take over cities and build their Native Culture building like before. Its just they give a free resource instead of a free building.

EDIT: I should probably start the long task of converting all "Goods" into "Resources" now that we know we can make more resources without an error (I hope). The biggest pain is converting back goods that were previously resources. Mainly because I am undoing what I worked so hard to do.

SVN Update
As suggested in the main thread I converted the Cultural "Goods" into building produced "Resources". This should allow you to trade regional cultures as well as have cultures spread naturally along trade routes like resources do. Note you can still take over cities and build their Native Culture building like before. Its just they give a free resource instead of a free building.

EDIT: I should probably start the long task of converting all "Goods" into "Resources" now that we know we can make more resources without an error (I hope). The biggest pain is converting back goods that were previously resources. Mainly because I am undoing what I worked so hard to do.

Leave the goods for now until we know the culture resource additions, and the new map resources being added don't destabilizie anything. Play testing of all that for a month or so will give us additional confidence that we can add further resources as we now believe we can. After that is the time to consider switching the existing goods over IMO.

Leave the goods for now until we know the culture resource additions, and the new map resources being added don't destabilize anything. Play testing of all that for a month or so will give us additional confidence that we can add further resources as we now believe we can. After that is the time to consider switching the existing goods over IMO.

Yes please leave the resources the way they are, and only have the goods system, thx.

Added units for Culture continents:

Brazil - Bandeirante
Canada - Mountie (RCMP)
Indonesian - Silat
Israel - Maccabee
Switzerland - Swiss Guard
Tibet - Dob_Dob (Warrior Monk)

New FPK

Leave the goods for now until we know the culture resource additions, and the new map resources being added don't destabilizie anything. Play testing of all that for a month or so will give us additional confidence that we can add further resources as we now believe we can. After that is the time to consider switching the existing goods over IMO.

Alright. When i do start again i will start with goods like Smart Medicine which have low impact and were resources before.

Yes please leave the resources the way they are, and only have the goods system, thx.

Brazil - Bandeirante
Canada - Mountie (RCMP)
Indonesian - Silat
Israel - Maccabee

New FPK

Thanks for doing those strategyonly. I cannot wait to see them in game. :D *updating now*

Brazil - Bandeirante
Canada - Mountie (RCMP)
Indonesian - Silat
Israel - Maccabee

Tweaked these units so they are more unique. Also Maccabee required Brazil for some reason and Bandeirante required none. Anywho those are fixed too. Looks like Bandeirante and Silat do not have unique icon/buttons so I made them for you whenever you update the FPK again. (See Attachments)

Made a few more changes to the tech tree and added a few:

Spoiler :
Artificial Evolution
Req Tech: Regenerative Medicine AND Personal Robotics AND Cybernetics

Universal Translator
Req Tech: Advanced Computers AND Thought Scanning

Personal Robots
Req Tech: Biomimetrics AND Rapid Prototyping AND Universal Translator

Homo Superior
Req Tech: Bionics AND Biomimetrics AND Smart Dust AND Regenerative Medicine AND Universal Translator

Bicycles
Req Tech: Replaceable Parts AND Scientific Method

Motorized Transportation
Req Tech: Assembly Line AND Electricity AND Industrialism AND Combustion AND Bicycles

Impressionism
Req Tech: Realism AND Nationalism

Cubism
Req Tech: Impressionism AND Psychology

Expressionism

Dada
Req Tech: Cubism AND Expressionism AND Fascism

Surrealism
Req Tech: Dada AND Motion Pictures

Modern Art
Req Tech: Surrealism AND Industrialization

Animation
Req Tech: Modern Art AND Motion Pictures

Pop Art
Req Tech: Modern Art AND Animation AND Plastics

Mass Media
Req Tech: Electronics AND Pop Art

Moved Long-Range Forecasting from Y15 to Y17
Moved Biological Warfare from X69 to X70

Argh! Again, I have trashed my SVN copy of the mod. So again I will have to do a download. I have heaps of updates to go in and I can't get a working SVN long enough to work out which versions of which files I need to update:mad::crazyeye:

Made a few more changes to the tech tree and added a few:

Spoiler :
Artificial Evolution
Req Tech: Regenerative Medicine AND Personal Robotics AND Cybernetics

Universal Translator
Req Tech: Advanced Computers AND Thought Scanning

Personal Robots
Req Tech: Biomimetrics AND Rapid Prototyping AND Universal Translator

Homo Superior
Req Tech: Bionics AND Biomimetrics AND Smart Dust AND Regenerative Medicine AND Universal Translator

Bicycles
Req Tech: Replaceable Parts AND Scientific Method

Motorized Transportation
Req Tech: Assembly Line AND Electricity AND Industrialism AND Combustion AND Bicycles

Impressionism
Req Tech: Realism AND Nationalism

Cubism

Expressionism

Dada
Req Tech: Cubism AND Expressionism AND Fascism

Surrealism
Req Tech: Dada AND Motion Pictures

Modern Art
Req Tech: Surrealism AND Industrialization

Animation
Req Tech: Modern Art AND Motion Pictures

Pop Art
Req Tech: Modern Art AND Animation AND Plastics

Mass Media
Req Tech: Electronics AND Pop Art

Moved Long-Range Forecasting from Y15 to Y17
Moved Biological Warfare from X69 to X70

I did some major fixing and tweaking of the new techs. I manually gave them labels but you still need the description stuff for them.

Fixed Dada which had Fascism leftovers liked free great general.

I moved back Modern Art, Pop Art and Animation.

Also changed Animation to require Motion Pictures and Dada so it can fix some conflicting arrows. I also moved Industrialism up half a space so Animation could fit under it.

See their location on the online tech tree.

Note if you find any errors compared to the in game tech tree let me know.

EDIT: moved Bicycle Shop to Bicycle tech.

EDIT2: Tweaked the Art Gallery to benefit from all the new Art techs.

EDIT3: Fixed Maccabee Unit.

I was just added as a contributor to the SVN and wanted to clarify something before I actually submit any changes so as not to cause problems.

I've been working on adding quotes to the techs so there isn't as much repetition. This includes a small number of audio clips for them. The tech files I am working from and have made changes to is from 15.0. If I "commit" the changes files to the SVN, that wouldn't erase the new tech stuff recently added would it? If so, how I can apply the changes to the newer files, without redoing it all?

I was just added as a contributor to the SVN and wanted to clarify something before I actually submit any changes so as not to cause problems.

I've been working on adding quotes to the techs so there isn't as much repetition. This includes a small number of audio clips for them. The tech files I am working from and have made changes to is from 15.0. If I "commit" the changes files to the SVN, that wouldn't erase the new tech stuff recently added would it? If so, how I can apply the changes to the newer files, without redoing it all?

Do an SVN update before you commit. Any files you have locally modified that are ALSO modified in SVN since your base bversion will be flagged as conflicting and you can use the SVN merge tool to resolve the conflicts (which is likely to be extremely straight-forward for what you are describing). Once flagged conflicts are resolved do your commit

Do an SVN update before you commit. Any files you have locally modified that are ALSO modified in SVN since your base bversion will be flagged as conflicting and you can use the SVN merge tool to resolve the conflicts (which is likely to be extremely straight-forward for what you are describing). Once flagged conflicts are resolved do your commit

Thanks.

There currently is no Tech folder under Assets\Sounds, so I am making one to place the MP3s I have for the quotes. Is anything else required to get those to work properly?

Edit: Not sure if I'm doing the merge right. I get this error: Error: 'http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/md5-checksum' was not present on the resource

Edit2: Used Winmerge to compare the two files, brought over all the newer changes from SVN, then pushed.

Thanks.

There currently is no Tech folder under Assets\Sounds, so I am making one to place the MP3s I have for the quotes. Is anything else required to get those to work properly?

Edit: Not sure if I'm doing the merge right. I get this error: Error: 'http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/md5-checksum' was not present on the resource

Provided the art assets that reference the MP3s have the matching path (relative to assets) that should be fine

More Updates ...

- Moved Universal Translator civic to Universal Translator tech.

Added 5 new "Goods".

- Good (Fiber Optic Cables)
- Good (Copper Wiring)
- Good (Bicycles)
- Good (Hydrogen)
- Good (Toys)

Added 5 new buildings ...

- Semiconductor Factory
- Fiber Optic Cable Factory
- Copper Wiring Factory
- Hydrogen Generator
- Toy Maker

Also tweaked buildings which depend upon the new goods.

Top Bottom