SGOTM 15 - Xteam

We also have that forest on the deer in dehli we might want to use now for our army. We aren't really hurting for hammers and commerce is a bit scarce right now.

Agree with this, Machinery counts as much as 4 spears (without the upkeep ;) ) Machinery completion before IW delays swords. Do we not have enough units to discourage DOWing?

Let the worker up north finish the defensive roading (deer and grass N of Pat) before moving on. Concur.
I suggest a cottage in the cities at the happy cap (Bombay and Delhi) If we are going to whip Bombay, perhaps worker turns better used.
The two workers not moved could start a cottage SW of Delhi this turn Doubt this cottage would be used soon. Still like chopping and mining and later work around Osaka for those workers. and after that move on and farm around Vij where I would finish the cat and then, after 1 turn, 2-pop whip the already started library (OR or not :mischief:) and start running some scientists. :) Not opposed to this.

I think you need to remove citizens from 2 mines for this to work. :crazyeye: Then remove 2. Two pop whip is much more useful.

Go ahead!
Concur.

Machinery completion before IW delays swords. Do we not have enough units to discourage DOWing?
Yes probably :D

I suggest a cottage in the cities at the happy cap (Bombay and Delhi) If we are going to whip Bombay, perhaps worker turns better used.
The two workers not moved could start a cottage SW of Delhi this turn Doubt this cottage would be used soon. Still like chopping and mining and later work around Osaka for those workers.
I don't disagree, I'm just a bit concerned about high maintenance cost when we build more units and move them into enemy territory. :eek:

Does beaker degradation occur on bulbed techs that do not complete? Hate to lose any beakers when we have so few to begin with. :)

Remember reading, long ago, that beakers were like hammers. If you put them into a tech and do not finish the tech, after a certain time, you will lose some beakers per turn for that tech. Perhaps this is no longer the case?

Checked around the forum and could not find anything of interest... :think:

Played a few turns, we are at the gates of Kyoto. All rivers but not many units in the city atm.

Log:
Turn 112 – 0075 BC
Change build in Delhi to Axe.
Reassign citizens in Bombay.
Change research to IW.
Move Workers to chop forest.

Hit enter
IBT
Japanese Scout moves SE and East.
Japanese Cat moves west, south of Osaka.
Delhi Axe => Cat.
Hinduism spreads to Bombay.
Vijay expands culture.

Turn 113 – 0050 BC
Promote Axe in Osaka to Medic1.
Promote Axe in Osaka to CBT1 and attack Cat at 68.05% and kills him, Axe now at 1.2/5.

With religion spread to Bombay, decide not to whip this turn.
Move units.

IBT
Toku is willing to negotiate.
Bombay Cat => Cat.
Pat Cat => Cat.
Varanasi Cat => Worker.
Vijay Cat => Library.

Turn 114 – 0025 BC
Axe attacks Scout at 100% and kills him, now has 4.4/5.
Move units to see Kyoto, 100% Culture and contains two Swords, one Axe and a Settler. It is Buddhist.
Elizagawa will give 6 gpt for Deer.
Hammeragawa will give 1 gpt for Gold, not worth it.
Toku will give:
Meditation, Sailing, Archery, 80 Gold plus 1 gpt for peace.
Not yet.

Stop, Save and Post for discussion.
Save attached

Attachments

• Gandhi_T114_BC-0025_in_progress.CivBeyondSwordSave
    220.9 KB · Views: 43
  • SG15_0025BC_Kyoto.jpg
    SG15_0025BC_Kyoto.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 125
Looking good Leif. You've certainly confirmed that taking Kyoto is the only way out of the mountains in this direction... Getting that defense down a bit from 100% will be necessary unless we want to burn quite a few units on it,and that will take some time. And its buddhist. Do we have a timetable for taking buddhist cities? If we take one buddhist city off Tokgawa to be safe we should take all his buddhist cities before the next AP vote...

I'm inclined to say, with apologies to admiral Farragut: Damn the AP and full speed ahead!
If we don't take Kyoto, gain gold for research, and proceed through the mountains now, doubt we have much chance to win the game. Can advance units and bombard next turn, then complete bombardment and attack the following turn. (And it makes me nervous to see units moved together at this stage of the game.)

Suggest transferring Bombay citizen back on mine.

I'm inclined to say, with apologies to admiral Farragut: Damn the AP and full speed ahead!
If we don't take Kyoto, gain gold for research, and Was there any other option but full speed aheadproceed through the mountains now, doubt we have much chance to win the game. I do not understand this comment at all. Why do you think that? Once we take Kyoto, AP VC is not on the books for a while. As for the city, it will go down with the number of units we have.Can advance units and bombard next turn, then complete bombardment and attack the following turn.Why complete bombardment? It will take about 25 cats in one turn. Actually likely more since I believe it is less than 4% per cat. So when we have enough units stop bombarding and suicide. (And it makes me nervous to see units moved together at this stage of the game.)Why CP? What is the problem with that?

Suggest transferring Bombay citizen back on mine.

BTW if needed we can run several pop as non working citizen to get next tech done. 1 hammer and 3bpt.

Plan to move ahead this evening with the capture of Kyoto and a look on the other side of the mountains?

Thinking we should be somewhat balanced in attack trying to preserve as many units as possible in order to grab the other Buddhist City of Toku's? If we can find it quickly?

Also, plan to use the gold pillaged in the capture of Kyoto to push research into Iron Working and Machinery?

Does it make any sense to trade Deer (Why does it show that we have only 1, have we traded Deer to someone else?) for 6 gpt to, I think, Hattiegawa... :)

(And it makes me nervous to see units moved together at this stage of the game.)
Interesting. Do you usually move units in pairs, or individually?
I assume not in stacks due to enemy Cats?

Plan to move ahead this evening with the capture of Kyoto and a look on the other side of the mountains? Good Plan

Thinking we should be somewhat balanced in attack trying to preserve as many units as possible in order to grab the other Buddhist City of Toku's? If we can find it quickly?Good luck finding it. I guess what i stated earlier did not make sense. For AP,

a full member get 2x the base vote.
The base vote = total population that has AP religion.
Toku has 12 votes in the AP.
Kyoto has 6 population = 2*6=12.

So as of right now, he could not have another city with budhism since 1 pop city would equal 2 votes.

Also, plan to use the gold pillaged in the capture of Kyoto to push research into Iron Working and Machinery?Sounds like a plan

Does it make any sense to trade Deer (Why does it show that we have only 1, have we traded Deer to someone else?) for 6 gpt to, I think, Hattiegawa... :)If we do not need the health, we can trade anyways

Interesting. Do you usually move units in pairs, or individually?
I assume not in stacks due to enemy Cats?

It is better to pack them in larger groups for survival and collateral damage. A cat can only collateral dameage 4 units at a time and that does not include seige units.

Toku only has 1 Hindu city; 6x2=12 votes.
I'm sure Htadus means 1 Buddhist city. ;)
So when we take Kyoto he wont have any Buddhist cities left :)
It still puzzles me how he went from 6 to 14 votes from T104 to T108. :crazyeye:

It looks like they had a vote. The only thing I can think of is a proposal of open borders that failed. :confused: The foreign advisor tells us they don't all have open borders. :mischief:

Does it make any sense to trade Deer (Why does it show that we have only 1, have we traded Deer to someone else?) for 6 gpt to, I think, Hattiegawa... :)
Yes, we are trading Deer to Hammu for 2gpt, it can be canceled in 3 turns so go ahead and make the trade. :)

Misclicking with units stacked can be very painful :mischief:

Plan to move ahead this evening with the capture of Kyoto and a look on the other side of the mountains?
Please do. :goodjob:

I'm sure Htadus means 1 Buddhist city. ;)
So when we take Kyoto he wont have any Buddhist cities left :)
It still puzzles me how he went from 6 to 14 votes from T104 to T108. :crazyeye:

I see the confusion. :D
Buddhist/Hindu what big.....its a one big unhappy family. :lol:

Thanks Z for catching it.:goodjob:
Could he have lost a city to an unknown AI or Barbs?

Buddhist/Hindu what big.....its a one big unhappy family. :lol:

Maybe you should buy the new Gods and Kings expansion for CIV5, I read that you can name your religion what ever you like. :p

Hinduism spreads to Bombay.
About time...... :mad:

Yes Bombay should work the mine again.
Also I would let Varanasi work the stone until worker is done, Delhi can work a mine.

There are 3 wounded axes in Osaka that I would promote to CR1 now to speed up their healing. :)

Top Bottom