WWII PBEM - Tora

The Russians continue their effort to teach to the Islamic world the advantages of Communism!

There is dancing in the streets in Berlin, with the capture of London and Glasgow. The German Blitzkrieg proves no match for the underprepared English forces.

GPS on to Hirohito

Greetings to Leaders of this game, I am unfortunately bring bad news, today I found out my eyes are in pretty bad shape and this wasn't discovered in an early stage, please see my Sig for details.

I must take this very serious, even explaining this to all I have to is tough if you understand what I mean. I must drop most of my games to include this one, I don't want to quit them all but I have to be real about, some games I don't see the next turn for a week, I just can't quit "cold turkey" :twitch:

Please don't think I'm quiting because of the current situation(top secret) I would fight on, I am not a quitter, in fact 14 other games I have just dropped have no threats at all :)

I'm sorry to put you though this and I wouldn't if I didn't have to
Ray aka Eclipse

Sorry to hear about Eclipse's condition and as I've stated to him personally and in public before - good health in the future!

I shall continue as England AND USA in this game and avenge the Fall of London!!!!

I'll come in as Eclipse replacement for the Commonwealth for a short duration

Kiwitt, thanks for the offer! :)
It's very kind of you.

However, instead of you making the effort for a while (and then we needing to find another player) we had agreed that Nighthawk could take over (just a bit before your post)... but thanks anyway!

So, Night Awk... your turn!

Yes I have the turn and will play hopefully by this evening. I took a couple of my short turns during a quick lunch but this first turn with struggling England I expect will take an hour + to complete, so I'm waiting for the right time. Should be able to send it off tonight.

Sent along to Mr. Hitler.

The English empire is in chaos! The people refuse to work as they demand a new economic model and government following the fall of London. Churchill hides out in a bunker and his generals attempt to quell the rebellions throughout the English colonies...

Ok gang so I have some bad news. I played my USA turn, then when I went to load England I got the error in the picture attached.

View attachment error.bmp

I cancelled out, reset the computer and then tried loading that turn again and got the same error.

I then deleted the English turn and attempted to re-load the USA turn again and it loaded without issue. Played the USA turn again and hit enter to try and create a new file. Went to go load the second England turn and again got the error.

I have never experienced this before, anyone have any thoughts?

I'm going to try sending the England file to Eclipse to see if it opens for him.

not good :(

I've received and attempted opening the turn and it is indeed corrupt.

Because you have already deleted everything and reloaded the USA a second time getting the same result my only guess is to go even one step back further have the previous player replay/resend

I have seen and entire cycle of turns replayed to get past an error. I know it makes no sense, I'm just saying

Ok so Luthor replayed his turn and then resent to me... still the same error. I have to run here today so I can't address the issue, but maybe we should go back one level farther. Probably need to go to the beginning of the turn maybe?

Top Bottom