C2C Graphics

figured out how temperate coast can look like: Coasts.jpg

Managed to improve trenches considerably: 2015-09-30_00004.jpg

I haven't made polar and tropical ocean as I don't think ocean changes color depending on latitude; at least I couldn't find any satellite pictures that proved otherwise. There is no problem with having the same graphic for all these three until we decide what to do with them.

Starting SVN commit in a couple of hours.

I finally figured out a system in which water terrain of all types can blend well together as well as with land terrain: View attachment 398861

Toffer90 - thanks for making my maps harder to produce. :D:p:rolleyes::)

All I need now is for the worldbuilder to be repaired. :)

Toffer, look at Droid Tank animation. Pedia entry is blank. Its standard problem when something is wrong with KFM.

Toffer, look at Droid Tank animation. Pedia entry is blank. Its standard problem when something is wrong with KFM.

Yeah, that was the first thing I ever tried to animate so figures it had to come and bite me at a later stage; I kinda already knew I did something wrong with it's animation when I added a new armature bone without changing all the animation files.

Should I fix it before hitting the goody islands :p, hmm the choices I face.

Toffer90 - thanks for making my maps harder to produce. :D:p:rolleyes::)
You're welcome.

You'll need to update a LOT of promos and unit data to get the movement rules established correctly on those if they are to be used.

It would be nice to get mapscripts to place sea tiles before V36 but on this I would need help from the team. I can however look at movement rules and promo xml for the new terrains.

It would be nice to get mapscripts to place sea tiles before V36 but on this I would need help from the team. I can however look at movement rules and promo xml for the new terrains.

It is a major change which will probably show up lots of flow on problems. It is not something to add in at the last minute during the end of the testing freeze before release.:scan:

It is a major change which will probably show up lots of flow on problems. It is not something to add in at the last minute during the end of the testing freeze before release.:scan:
I get that; so perhaps the old coast and ocean graphics should be reinstated until after V36 is released. Without sea terrain to divide them they (the new ones) look a bit strange together.

Graphics for trench, cont shelf, deep coast, sea and deep sea might have graphical glitches with the old coast/ocean terrain but since they won't be used in randomly generated maps it won't matter much.

The latest terrain graphics completely destroy the alternate terrains I was using resetting them to the default C2C terrains. Unfortunately for me this make the game unplayable. Not only does it make me dizzy it smells like a bush fire that has killed something - that burnt metal taste/smell in the back of your head.

I play with the first alternate set by copying it over the existing set. These changes are making that no longer work.

I use Questdog's terrains see here

The one screenshot from Questdog's terrain look fine. Not sure why SO didn't like them. I run at 1920 x 1080 and they look fine to me. <shrug>

JosEPh

The one screenshot from Questdog's terrain look fine. Not sure why SO didn't like them. I run at 1920 x 1080 and they look fine to me. <shrug>

JosEPh

Not enough detail and very dull to my eyes for pixalation.

Toffer: Something is wrong with the picture attached, just doesnt look correct, i see no blue in the shoreline?? Just looks like dirt now?? Other than that its ok, haven't really looked at the world in WB yet . .

The latest terrain graphics completely destroy the alternate terrains I was using resetting them to the default C2C terrains. Unfortunately for me this make the game unplayable. Not only does it make me dizzy it smells like a bush fire that has killed something - that burnt metal taste/smell in the back of your head.

I play with the first alternate set by copying it over the existing set. These changes are making that no longer work.

I use Questdog's terrains see here
I will look into it... But it should work still for all land terrain.

@SO: I'm still working on getting the colors right, I'm not satisfied with coastal tiles either.

OK, glad to hear it, we are on the same page then, nice . . .SO
I just had a breaktrough on this; until now the problem was that the rendered water was transparent as glass so no matter how dark-bluish I made the water texture it would barely affect the color that was dominated by the terrain textures.

There is a water.nif that I was convinced contained the water transparency data, but as it turns out water does not have a model nif file at all and that most of the files in art/terrain/water is not used by the game at all. All water related graphical data turned out to be defined by an xml (waterplaninfos.xml) and rendered without a specific model.
As you might understand this completely turned me around in frustration; C2C has even a water2.nif but this is neither used anywhere in the game.

Colors are not finalized yet but as you can see coast are already much better off: 2015-10-02_00003.jpg

I will look into it... But it should work still for all land terrain.

Not if you changed where the terrain was in the folders and XML. The set I use are spread over the three folders Art/Terrain/Textures, Art/Terrain/Textures/Detail and Art/Terrain/Textures/Blend. I just copy these art files over, there was no need for any XML changes.

Note at the moment it is impossible for me to do anything in C2C due to the terrain :(

On land is that the alternative one??

It may be Sparth's alternate one which is just as bad as the original to my eyes.:) It is not the Questdog alternate one which I use.

Not if you changed where the terrain was in the folders and XML. The set I use are spread over the three folders Art/Terrain/Textures, Art/Terrain/Textures/Detail and Art/Terrain/Textures/Blend. I just copy these art files over, there was no need for any XML changes.
Hmm I didn't change the texture paths for land terrain in the xml; but I might have changed this for ocean and coast.

I might know what's causing your issue though.
Try to set these to 2 in "XML/Terrain/CIV4TerrainSettings.xml":

Code:
			<fTextureScaleX>1.0</fTextureScaleX>
			<fTextureScaleY>1.0</fTextureScaleY>

Top Bottom