Confused where to extract the mod file

Here it is. It's pretty much the same thing I wrote previously except this time in capture form.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 81
I opened up Civ4 BTS and did "Load a Mod", got the TRC C2C, restarted my computer and repeated the process to get the TRC C2C again. It's most likely a compatibility issue with Windows 7.

I opened up Civ4 BTS and did "Load a Mod", got the TRC C2C, restarted my computer and repeated the process to get the TRC C2C again. It's most likely a compatibility issue with Windows 7.

Windows 7 plays C2C and Civ IV and Bts just fine. No compatibility issues with it.

Please post a screen shot or 2 of this process with the TRC C2C. It sounds like you have a Civ IV Option turned on that is not usually used.

And can you play the mod at all?

JosEPh

This is the capture of that "TRC C2C" screen I get whenever I start up the mod via any means possible. The subject is naturally at the top right corner. And an answer to your question Joseph, about if I could play the mod at all, the closest I got was seeing the progress bar of it before this screen showed up.

Attachments

• Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 136
So did you select Single Player and try to proceed from there? Don't select Advanced.

JosEPh

Pressing on Single Player from the TRC C2C title screen does pretty much the same thing as starting a game from the original BTS title screen. I started a game too, got up to late-Classical era and so far there were no differences from the original BTS except for the TRC C2C.

There is a Config or .ini file that needs a value changed. Dancing Hoskuld alluded to it in a previous post. I'm trying to remember where it's located.

You have been able to go to Advanced and Load Mod screens and been able to play any of the default Mods included in BtS correct?

And you did state that you have the official BtS 3.19 patch in place, right?

It's all in the details. :)

JosEPh

I checked back to Hoskuld's mentioning of the .ini file. Minus the spacing, everything is in order.

Yes, the mods that came alongside BtS work perfectly fine when I start them up. They all function properly without anything missing.

Yes, my game is at version 3.19. Though all I did to check it was go to Advanced and clicked on "Check for Updates".

So it would seem ;)

Okay 1st check for updates doesn't work to well. About This Build tells if you have v3.19.

Start BtS like you have been. When you get to the Classic BtS with TRC C2C click Options button.

Under Graphic tab, go to bottom drop down menu click it and select any of them except Classical BtS. The screen should change. If it does not then you have a bad install. If it does change cycle thru them: Warlords, Civ IV, BtS, Classical BtS. Then put it on the BtS (not the Classical BtS). The Caveman to Cosmos screen should appear.

When you have C2C on the screen click the bottom left corner where it say Go Back.

When it goes back it should show the list starting with Single Player at the top then Multiplyayer, etc.. Select Single player and proceed from there. You should be able to load the mod. Give it time to load, don't be impatient.

This problem is a rare one and it's been several years since I've seen it. Took me a bit to recognize what the Screen shot you posted was telling me.

JosEPh

I checked the version with "About this Build". It is indeed 3.19.

I went to the TRC C2C screen and did what you told me to. I cycled through all of them and ended up with no C2C screen. I tried to proceed from there too after cycling and ending up at BtS (Not the classical). It was still the base BtS game.

Download patch 3.19 from the forum and apply it manually.
The in-game update is not working but shown at the info screen.

I went back from win10 to win7 just because it wouldn't start by double-clicking a save file.
I had to start BtS, load the mod and then i was able to load the game.

I so far haven't heard one good reason to upgrade to Win 10. A more human way to do sounds like a more annoying way tbh.

You do know that the complaints will Always be greater than the satisfied.

I have it now on 4 of my computers. But both boys stayed with 7 though.

Just have to disable some of the options when you do Upgrade to 10. Has a lot of 7 still in it but some major differences too. new Win 10 Uodates are coming out on a pretty regular basis now fixing some of the more obvious boo-boos, like Flinx's. I'll stay with 10.

JosEPh

I haven't read any complaints or much of any feedback except here. I just don't feel that 7 needed improved on. The move to support touchscreens and voice commands more is something I feel is a major pita. Let the op system be minimal and leave as much rooms for the processing to cover the programs you're running is my opinion. Just feels like the more user friendly windows tries to be, the less user friendly it actually is.

I'm also NOT a fan of smartphones. If that says anything.

We are of a similar mind TB; smartphones have a very short battery time due to all the cosmetic and otherwise useless features they push on the user with an overly complex OS and hardware. The phone I have now (Nokia N8) is capable of wifi and some limited apps; but I even deleted most of the apps that came with the phone. Every charge lasts for approximately min-max 1-2 weeks, but if the phone had a simpler OS and hardware that suited only for my need (calling and SMS/MMS only) it could in theory last much longer. As far as I know, no one design/produce such simple battery friendly phones of high quality.

Top Bottom