No longer able to view overviews, e.g. Mercenaries, Religion etc

Check that you don't have anything inadvertently turned off in the DLC menu and that you don't inadvertently have any of the scenarios turned on as 'mods'.

I would have thought if you had one of the scenarios turned on as a 'mod' you would have gotten far more bizarre results than the ones you are seeing, though.

But once a scenario is turned on as a mod in the mods menu it remains turned on even if you then elect in the MODS menu option to 'rehide' whether the scenarios show as mods in the mods menu. I would have thought clearing cache would have cured this possible issue, though.

------------------------------------

And also, welcome to the funs of civ5 modding :)

Sure you want into Cvi6 ?

Everything looks to me like you have EUI in your DLC folder, Rob, and that there is nothing inherently wrong with AD (EUI uses a different loading screen). CiD and RtP replace many vanilla files (and I presume these are intact), but not the DiploCorner where this issue is cropping up (to put it simply). Check that first before you reinstall Civ.

I've reinstalled Civ and it's still the same. I've never ever had EUI, so surely that can't be the problem....wait though...there's a folder by bc1 in my steam folders. How did that get there? That must be it, as that has EUI stuff in it.

EDIT: Yup, that was it. I've realised that I must've installed it as part of Vox Populi the other day and didn't realise it was there. Phew!! At least we killed off a couple of other bugs as well. Thanks so much!!

You do need to figure out where the syntax error is in those sql files, though. I wouldn't think whatever version of a 'Health' system those files are for is going to run properly with the issue causing the error. Would just seem like a recipe for rando CTD to me.

Isolating which file(s) have the error database log is reporting would be a 1st step. Maybe JFD will able able to spot it, or William, if you can beg-convince them to take a look, but I'm not seeing the issue database.log is complaining about. I've learned tho to trust what it reports as being something that needs attention.

I've been trying to track it down without success but I'll keep trying. I knew the sql files under power were empty - I'd left them there in case I started to import elements of that part of CID.

As a bonus result, the other issues sorted out in the thread also resolved the Greatest Cities issue - it's working perfectly now!

Health/Core/Health_Unit.sql

Adding that file back to the list of <UpdateDatabase> brings back the error:
Code:
[1450684.203] near "INSERT": syntax error
Since only one error occured when this file was enabled along with all the others, the only such bad syntax error has to be in that one file out of those files mentioned.

Now it is to figure out the error since so far I am not seeing it. grrrr.

The notification dummy unit should have parentheses around it, like so:

Code:
INSERT INTO Units 	
		(Type, 								Class,								ShowInPedia, 	Cost,	FaithCost,	Description, 							PortraitIndex,	IconAtlas)									
VALUES	[COLOR="Red"]([/COLOR]'UNIT_JFD_PLAGUE_NOTIFICATION',		'UNITCLASS_JFD_NOTIFICATION',		0,				-1,		-1,			'TXT_KEY_UNIT_JFD_PLAGUE_NOTIFICATION',	0,				'JFD_HEALTH_NOTIFICATION_ATLAS'[COLOR="Red"])[/COLOR];

Also, the Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges is missing a semi-colon to close the statement.

Code:
INSERT INTO Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges
		(ImprovementType,				TraitType, YieldType, Yield)
SELECT	'IMPROVEMENT_JFD_SANATORIUM', 	TraitType, YieldType, Yield
FROM Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges WHERE TraitType = 'TRAIT_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_INDIA'[COLOR="Red"];[/COLOR]

Thanks ever so much both of you! I had just about worked out through trial and error which file it was, but couldn't work out what the issue was. Thank-you again, and thanks to everyone who has helped in this thread. Really, really appreciated.

Top Bottom