Requested Mods

I have some suggestions.

##Future Era Wonders##

Shared Learning:
Upon building this Wonder all units gain the amount of XP equal to that of the most experienced unit. Any time a unit gains experience, every unit in that nations army gains experience as well.

Virtual Training Facility:
This building provides XP for every turn a unit is posted there.

I'd make'em myself, but I've just begun Lua and haven't even gotten into Civ 5 lua modding yet.

Will someone help me with modeling and texturing one new unit ?(attachment uus-lcs-2-indepedence-2.png)
Also need Atlas Icon (Attachment lcs-02-01.jpg)in format .dds.

THX

Attachments

• lcs-02-01.jpg
    lcs-02-01.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 182
  • uss-lcs-2-independence-2.png
    uss-lcs-2-independence-2.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 161
has anyone though about modding the workers so they work the same as in Civ6 ?

has anyone though about modding the workers so they work the same as in Civ6 ?

Instant improvement buildtime and with only 3 charges?

Just going to theorycraft here and then see if it works.

Give worker a huge buildtime that everything completes in one turn, but have to make it so that roads have a larger buildtime, so we hope building road/railroads don't waste up charges. (unless we want it to)
Give worker five promotion. Each promotion act as a dummy to represent charges. Give the default worker, three. Pyramid and Liberty policy will have Lua to detect whether or not it was picked and then grant its respective charges.
Using GameEvents.BuildFinished, remove one charge/promotion upon building an improvement. If it's the last charge/promotion, Unit:Kill().

However, using repair or removing a feature will most likely waste up a charge as well, and I'm not sure how well the AIs can respect this feature considering they replace almost every improvements over and again. :confused:

If we used VMC/Community Patch however, we can use the GameEvents.TileImprovementChanged instead which can help circumvent the issues I've mentioned above.

But this is all theorycraft. If someone experienced with GameEvents.BuildFinished could tell me if repair or removing a feature would lose a charge, that'd be useful.

Boreal map script is actually very exciting thing that proposes player some challenging and interesting gameplay. But what would make this map even better is if it could be of Continents or Pangea type (not generic Skirmish). I hope there are some modders interested in making such script (or even editing one that already exists). New map script would be good alternative to Arborea and Rainforest.

Is it possible to have a Mod that lets you set up a new Civ by picking a UA, and 2 UU/UA/UI from any Civ that you have installed? So that I could start off as Alexander of Greece from the normal game, but then add in a UI from a second custom Civ and then a UB from elsewhere?

If so, is there any around atm?

Is it possible to mod barbarians to work the same way as they are expected to do in Civ VI? Exploring with scouts and when he find a city he returns home to call mates to pillage that city. I think it would add a different challenge to the game instead of barbarians going to random places.

I would like to have a mod that just gives scouts experience for exploring so that I can add it to my long mod list I have. Most of the other mods that do that make a ton of changes that are not compatible with my other mods, nor do they work well with hotseat mode.

There's a mod viewing tool out there I saw on the forums a few days ago that lets you search for mods while using the mod menu and a host of other features to help people who do a lot of modding. I had the good mind to not bookmark the mod while I was otherwise occupied going through other mods and have failed to find it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I could find it?

I would love a mod to add a new improvement to the game called the Playing Fields. Sports is a hugely important part of culture around the world. These could be used to fill in spaces between villages. They would start out as faith and gold, then add culture in the next era and finally they would add tourism. The tourism component could be either improved with Arenas or with a new building called an Olympic Stadium. If only a few of these could be added to your civilization then it would limit the tourism boost but still let sports play a larger role in the game.

I know it's a bit late given how close we are to the release of Civ6, but a mod overhauling the Belief system would be nice, we need polytheistic religions! From what I've seen they aren't planned for Civ6, so still an idea to consider. Inspired by Europa Universalis IV, a Casus Belli system for declaring war would be nice and of course the City State diplomacy is still far from perfect even with Vox Populi.

Casus Belli mod idea:
The Casus Belli is moved from World Congress to player-to-player diplomacy. Performing hostile actions on another player gives them an ability to declare Casus Belli war, lowering their warmonging penalty by 50% and having almost no impact on other players' opinion about the Casus Belli holder.

Deity Worship mod idea:
Great Prophet can reform a Religion unlimited number of times. Founding a Pantheon, founding a Religion and reforming it grants 3 additional beliefs and beliefs are not disabled between Pantheons/Religions.

Beliefs work like Social Policies: there are Deity branches (called Cults) with 3 beliefs each, adopting a Cult of a Deity costs 1 belief, completing a Cult allows constructing the temples of that Deity in cities following the religion and allows to declare that Deity the only true god (costs 1 belief), what changes the Religion to monotheistic, disables any other Cults and grants access to monotheistic beliefs, but in the cities following the Religion a Cult of the Old Gods effect is given, temporarily lowering Religion and Happiness, the penalty scales with the number of Cults abandoned (does not occur if only 1 Deity was worshipped). It's up to the player's choice whether they want to develop a polytheistic or monotheistic Religion.

If not a head of a Religion, the player can still spend Great Prophets to add beliefs to reform the Religion, but it requires the head of Religion to accept them. Three situations may occur:
- if the head of Religion accepts the new beliefs they are added to the Religion and the reformer gets 'You contributed to our Religion' modifier with all civs following that Religion;
- if the head of Religion refuses, the player may choose to burn the heretical prophet, what gives 'You fight the heresy!' modifier with the head of Religion, starts Trial of a Heretic effect in the city where the Great Prophet was expended, temporarily increasing Faith and Religious Pressure and an Inquisitor spawns in that city;
- if the head of Religion refuses, the player may choose to denominate the Religion, creating their own Religion with beliefs taken from the mother Religion and proposed reformation beliefs, what gives 'You spread the heresy!' modifier and Casus Belli with all civs following the mother Religion, allows the head of Religion to immediately declare a Casus Belli war and all the player following the mother Religion can choose to adopt the denominated Religion, in which case their Capitals are converted and they lose the Casus Belli; given the complexity and potential aggressiveness of that option it should be possible to disable Religious Denomination in Advanced Setup.

Polytheistic beliefs are somewhat weaker, but monotheistic beliefs come in pairs and choosing one belief in pair disables the other. This is motivated by history: ancient pantheons accepted worshipping deities of other Religions quite easily (e.g. cult of Isis and Baal in Rome), while a reformation in monotheistic religions usually caused them to be denominated (like Christianity and Islam).

Some UA ideas for the mod:
- can worship two Deities as true gods.
- while reforming a monotheistic Religion can choose both beliefs in a pair; while reforming a polytheistic Religion can choose one additional belief (Byzantium probably).

City Councils mod idea:
Available diplomatic actions are declaring war on a City State, gifting a unit to gain Influence (military, Worker or Great Person), hiring a mercenary for Gold (this has a cooldown shared between all players), trading Luxury resource for GPT and investing Gold in upgrading a resource in City State territory.

City State type idea is gone, all City States now have unique set of focuses.
Basic focus: the yield given together with Gold via the trade routes (it doesn't have to be Science as it used to be, can be Gold to increase Gold profit from trade routes) and as a yield per turn dependent on relationship with the City State.
Secondary focus: additional yield provided via the trade route when allied with a city state and as yield per turn to the allies (but at smaller scale than the basic yield).
Military focus: determines what type of military unit is donated to the player hiring a mercenary from a City State, the City State usually has few of these units in their territory for defence.
Great Person focus: determines which Great Person can the City State donate from the Statecraft branch, allying a City State also provides +5% generation of that Great Person in all cities.
Ally bonus: every City State has their unique ally bonus in addition to yield per turn and trade route bonuses, which can vary from generating units over time, additional yields from certain buildings, production boost towards certain buildings or units to immediately adopting the ally Religion and spreading it like a Holy City (like Civ6 Jerusalem).

Influence is now more like a resource, it can be spent on various diplomatic actions with a City State. It can be obtained by:
- sending diplomatic units like in Vox Populi, but these units can choose between increasing the Influence directly or to installing themselves as Envoys in the City State (covered later on),
- gifting units to a City State,
- completing Quests,
- paying Gold to improve a resource in a City State territory.

When a City State reaches population of 5 Citizens, a City Council consisting of 5 seats is formed and a new seat is added with every 3 Citizens (8th, 11th, 14th...). The initial seats are taken by neutral City State Councillors, who can be influenced spending Influence (sound bads, I know). The base cost of influencing a Councillor increases with every Councillor already controlled and voting cooldown turns left, and doubles if influencing a Councillor controlled by other player. Councillors influenced by other players can be returned to neutral state by paying half the base cost. Only one influence action can be performed per turn in every City State.

When any player controls majority (rounded up if the total is odd, 50% + 1 seat if the total is even) of the Councillors they become an ally of that City State.

Every Councillor can initiate a voting with a cooldown equal to the current City State population. Neutral Councillors can initiate a voting on their own, controlled ones only if controlling civilisation wishes to do so. Available actions are:
- Elect new Councillor (civ choice): occurs immediately and without a cooldown period when a vacant seat seat is formed (cannot be chosen from the menu). The players may choose to elect a Councillor loyal to the City State or an Envoy of a major civilisation (including their own), provided that civilisation has free Envoys (that is: not sitting in the Council) in that City State, abstaining is not possible. Envoys sitting in the Council cannot be influenced by other civilisations.
- Reelect a Councillor (For/Against): the player initiating the voting chooses a seat, if the resolution passes that seat goes vacant and an election occurs.
- Oath of allegiance (For/Against): available when a majority of seats is taken by Envoys of one civ, peacefully puppets the City State. In fact the voting cannot be lost by the civilisation proposing it, but to denote formal independence of a City State, just like in real life, the voting occurs.
- Impose sanctions (For/Against): the player initiating the voting chooses a civilisation, if the resolution passes all trade routes between that civilisation and City State are cancelled, for few turns Influence of that civilisation decreased at double speed and an embargo is imposed (no new trade routes with that civilisation and Influence gained 25% slower).
- End embargo (For/Against): the player initiating the voting chooses an embargo (if more than one were imposed), if the resolution passes the embargo ends.
- Call for tenders (For/Against): the player initiating the voting chooses a quest from the list, if the resolution passes the quest is started by the City State.

If there are any neutral Councillors they will vote in favour of City State independence, that is, against the civilisation holding majority of the votes. When their voting cooldown ends, they initiate voting an Envoy (or ally-influenced Councillor if the ally has no Envoys in the Council) out of the Council. If the City State has no ally they will propose a Call for tenders and choose a quest best suiting the City State focuses (parallel quests of the same type are not allowed).

A simple mod that would stop barbarians spawning on Snow would be nice. If one already exists that does solely that, I would be greatful if I were introduced to it.

Limited numbers of units which are used like corsair in Colonization. High GpT cost. Look like barbarians units for other players but you play them on your turn.
Slight chance of being uncovered when attacking, defending, having a diplo/spy in that civ capital etc.

It would had a bit space for acting against rich allies or friends without going to war. Being uncovered could lead to diplomatic problem.
Could pillage trade routes but have to bring back treasures.

Lots of ideas & possibilities with a mod like this. CPP compatible :D

Or maybe it already exists and I've missed it when searching the forum?

Look like barbarians units for other players but you play them on your turn.
There's been a few threads about the Hidden Nationality tag, e.g., this one, that indicate that although there's some leftover code to support this, if it's not impossible to do it like Civ4/Civ4Col, then it's at least very very difficult.

If no one ends up making this mod, I'll probably learn how and do it myself, but I'd love a mod for the Scorpion King as a leader. I'm not sure what nation he'd be leading, all that's mentioned definitively is he was born in Akkad before 3000 BCE and died some time after 3067 BCE, presumably either that year or 3066 BCE. He takes over Memnon's "fearsome horde" but there's no real place given for it. It could be argued that his kingdom would be the Upper Kingdom of Egypt since he's based on Scorpion II of Egypt, who ruled the Upper Kingdom. I'm not concrete on where he should be considered as from, but I think Akkad, The Upper Kingdom, or Ruler of the Fearsome Horde would probably be up there on relevancy.

I have a couple ideas for bonuses, UAs, and UUs, though. I think his should be a faith/combat civ with bonuses to faith generation and city damage from faith-bought units. I think he should get a production bonus from faith generation.

I think instead of having to spend production on swordsmen/longswordsmen/composite bowmen, he'd buy soldiers for discounted faith. These soldiers would be Soldiers of Anubis, with the same weapons as before, just looking roughly how they did in the movie. Black jackal-forms with headdresses, optimally, would be the model, but I probs won't complain a ton if they're just renamed, since I have no friggin' idea how to do 3-D models. I'd definitely appreciate it, though.

I think to guarantee he can get enough faith to get rolling, he'd have to get faith from oasis (+2 or +3, since they're not as common) or desert tiles (+1) after he researches Philosophy, like Desert Folklore (meaning if he also grabbed that he'd get two faith per Desert tile), and also a start bias for desert tiles/biomes. He'd still be able to produce (with hammers) warriors, spearmen, and bowmen, but the later ones he'd buy with faith.

I also think he needs a bonus to keep him relevant in the mid-late game so he doesn't immediately become trash tier when he upgrades to musketmen, like Babylon's Science bonus. I'm not sure exactly what that should be, but I think that he should get a big faith when he discovers archaeology and also maybe Wonder time buffs, like... adding some of faith generation to production for a city (like how because Mathayus believed in Anubis enough, Ahm Shere sprouted up in minutes).

His Capital should be Ahm Shere, then Thebes, Akkad, Nippur... not entirely sure where to go from there; probably just Upper Kingdom Egyptian cities.

I also think his combat units should get a larger bonus from Great Generals; maybe like 50% extra XP from combat in adjacent tiles from their Great General, or a higher Great General combat bonus (like Mathayus leading his army to battle the first time, then the Anubites the second time).

If there's anything that's problematic here to a modder, let me know and I'll see if I can find a different way to do it.

Top Bottom