New Unit: Panarch's Legion (Jan. 14, 2005)

Another great addtition to the CamJH Hall of Fame. :goodjob:
Hats off to you, Cam! :hatsoff:

CamJH said:
I'm hoping :) , but I'm sure you know as well as any Goldy that there's a lot more to do for a good mod than just units.

Thanks again everyone.

This is True.

Great! will be a great Byzantine Infantry until someone makes it ...eh can you make a Byzantine Infantry

Sorry, not anytime soon. My to-do list seems to grow with each unit I put out instead of shrink. :)

And if Firaxis ever calls, they'd have to hire Kinboat as well since just about all my stuff is made from his models. And if they hired Kinboat, then why the heck would they need me? :)

CamJH said:
Sorry, not anytime soon. My to-do list seems to grow with each unit I put out instead of shrink. :)

And if Firaxis ever calls, they'd have to hire Kinboat as well since just about all my stuff is made from his models. And if they hired Kinboat, then why the heck would they need me? :)
:lol:

Don't put yourself down though, every single unit you've made so far has been excellent; not too many who that can be said about.

I have to say, while I like the tree on his shield, it really doesn't suit my purposes. I hope somebody (probably won't be you, CamJH, as I take it you are busy) will edit a version with a more generic, blank shield... I sure don't look forward to having to do the tedious C&P myself, if it comes to that. :ack:

Thanks Kodama. :)

I don't imagine this would be a tough one to edit. Since the rest of the shield is blue, I would think all anybody'd have to do is color over the tree image. I've never done C&P though, so I don't know how tedious a job like that is.

CamJH said:
Since Aes Sedai are "never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last extreme of defense of her own life, or that of her Warder or another Aes Sedai," we're most likely just going to set them up as advisors instead of military units. I'll probably have a Wise One coming along pretty soon though. :)

Is it possible to make a unit with 0 attack and a decent defense value? That at least would be keeping with the rules for Aes Sedai. Of course, I suppose if you made a Black Ajah Aes Sedai unit they could do whatever they wanted. Maybe as a barbarian unit, since presumably the shadow won't be one of the playable civs, what with the lack of any actual cities, government, etc.

Ah, but the Shadowspawn will be it's own civ. :)
Shayol Ghul is their capital city which is located in the blight on the map just below the actual volcano/mountain. It'll probably have some LM terrain, extra resources, or something to give it extra shields so it can keep pumping out its bloodthirsty units. A whole line of Trollocs is in the works for the future.

But a unit with zero attack value and defensive capabilities, I don't know. I haven't tried this in a game, so I don't know if it'd work or not (or if the AI could figure out how to use them).

CamJH said:
Thanks Kodama. :)

I don't imagine this would be a tough one to edit. Since the rest of the shield is blue, I would think all anybody'd have to do is color over the tree image. I've never done C&P though, so I don't know how tedious a job like that is.
Yeah, filling in blue over the tree is exactly what I was thinking... I just don't really have the time to do it myself, and considering I'd have to go through and color the shield in nearly every frame in every different animation, I'd expect it to take awhile. The fact that I'm such a damn perfectionist wouldn't speed things up either :cringe:

@wombatoftruth: I'm pretty sure that you could do such a thing in the editor, but I'm not sure if the AI would know how to use it or not -- depends on whether you can check the "defense" AI strategy option on a unit with 0 attack or not. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to, but I've never tried or tested this before, and the game/editor is notoriously finicky about things like that (e.g. you can't choose "Terraform" strategy for workers unless ALL worker functions are checked, etc.)

Well, just give the Aes Sedai attack 1 then. The AI hardly ever attack with their defensive units, and the odd attack could easily be explained away "I thought he was a darkfriend! Seriously!".

I have actually given some thought to this. I was thinking that the Aes Sedai would actually be a double unit, the Warder and Aes Sedai. The Warder would be the normal attack, since they don't have any oaths against that ;) , and the Aes Sedai could have a bombard animation. To keep that from killing, just don't check Lethal Land/Sea bombardment in the editor.

Since Aes Sedai are "never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last extreme of defense of her own life, or that of her Warder or another Aes Sedai," we're most likely just going to set them up as advisors instead of military units. I'll probably have a Wise One coming along pretty soon though. :)

I Have An Idea, You could Make Them Defender only units With Hi Defense:goodjob:

Never Mind Somebody already Thought of that

Top Bottom