Female Ninja

This is a really nice unit. I like the imaginative pedia pic and the Fidget... I would just say that you need to make sure the unit lifts its feet more when stepping, especially in the Fortify and Victory. Otherwise it looks like it's sliding. Also, the step forward in the Attack is a little odd (moves forward and then to the side), but that's not so much of a problem.

I'm glad the clothes-making tutorial has borne some fruit! Thanks for posting the dress. The black splodge in some of the animations is actually nothing to do with the texture - it is caused by the way the dress is rigged. When the unit bends forward, the back part of the Hip of the dress bends forward and comes through the front of the dress. That's the black thing you can see in some of the animations. I'm not sure what one can do about this; the best thing I can suggest is to make the back of the dress invisible for those directions where the unit is facing the camera.

making the back invsible sounds interesting......ehh how do I do that? :)

You'd need to select the Hip and then open the Grouping Tool. Create a new group called whatever you like, and then select all the polygons on the back part of the Hip. Then assign this group a new colour. Then close the Grouping Tool and go to the Materials Room. Make this new colour invisible. When you want it to be visible, for different angles, make it the same colour as the rest of the dress.

I think that should work. Although it occurs to me that it appears black in those flics because you're seeing the inside of the back, as it were - that is, the lining. And that is black no matter what the colour of the outside is, so I'm not absolutely certain that it would be invisible from that angle after all. But you can always give it a go.

thanks and aye I will try it and your probably rigth that the black inside will still be there but no mather, that knowledge will still come in handy for other purposes.

Top Bottom